On Vows and Wedding Rings

A Shuffled Wedding Mix

Please play this for effect. not too loud, though. Keke.

He looks into her eyes, taking both her hands and releases a shaky breath.

“Jonathan Kent said in the movie Man of Steel, one day, you’re going to make a choice. You have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be. Whoever that man is, good character or bad, is going to change the world. “

“For me, today is that day. Today, I decide what kind of man I want to be.  I can’t say my choice is going to change the WHOLE world but it surely will change mine. And hopefully this girl’s, this one standing before me.”

He squeezes her hands tight.

“To be really honest, I gave my heart to the girl who walked in that fateful night back in 2010 in the MBC lobby. My whole heart. I never really got it back. I don’t wanna ever get it back.

It never was an easy road for us to be here right now and I thank you. Because you stayed. Because you chose to fight for me, with me. For us. For this. It’s ridiculous, Hyun. I’m madly in love with you.

Joohyun, today, I decide to BE married to you. Not just get married to you.  Because marriage goes far,  beyond and is so much more than today.

This is it, Hyun. From here on out, I vow to be with you. And to love you through and through. I’ll be here to hold your hand through all the good times and the bad, through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer. And to stay faitful to you. For as long as we both shall live. And i want us to live long, Hyuna.”

He takes the ring and slips it onto her left ring finger, hands clammy and shaking.

He slowly looks up to Joohyun’s eyes. She is wearing a gentle and loving smile. The one he knows she only directs to him.

“I love you.” She mouths.

“I love you more.” He answers, full grin on, snaggletooth in sight.

Joohyun retakes his hand in hers, looking deeply into his eyes.

“They say it’s fate that brings two people together. I agree. It definitely was fate that brought me the boy that was waiting for me in MBC’s lobby the night of February 11, 2010.

It was fate that brought him to me but it was my conscious decision to like him, to love him, to stay in love with him. Like how a dandelion seed soft and pleasant, watered, nurtured and cared for grows into something even more beautiful.

You’re right, Oppa. It was never an easy road. For both of us. But I chose to stay, to fight for us, for this because I know I am fighting with you. For you. And we made it.  I love you, Jung Yonghwa. With all of me.

And right this moment, I also choose to be married to you, Oppa. I’ll hold your hand as tightly as I know, you’ll do mine. Through thick and thin, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live. We will live long, oppa. I’ll see to that.”

Quiet chuckles and soft giggles are heard from the audience as she slips on his ring only to look up to see him grinning like a Cheshire cat.

And just like the first time she slipped him a ring, he holds up his left hand, inspecting the ring as if he never saw it before.

Kkkkk… panjjak panjjak keurinda” he says not able to hold back.

The whole venue laughed and she softly giggles while hitting him lightly on the shoulder. It’s their wedding ceremony, after all.

“Choding.”


Annyeong~~ *waves* been a long time, right? Keke. Mian. This unnie just have a lot of things on her plate right now. Are you all having a wonderful 6/29?? I AM!! All my favorite authors posted! Yeaaaaaah!!!

To be honest, i didnt have something to contribute until uhm.. 3:00 pm today. Hahaha! I came upon that quote in the beginning in a book i am reading these days and finally my brain started working. 

I requoted the Jonathan kent quote from Addicted for Now by Krista Ritchie. "For as long as we both shall live" is of couse from Twilight. I know. No judging. Haha. And Yong's choding moves near the end is his. LOL it's what he said during their double birthday eps. It means. "kkkk...it sparkles!"

Hihi. I'm ranting. I hope you like this. :))) Til next time~

 

And to Yonghwa and Seohyun:

Happy double birthday!! Thank you for brightening this shipper's day everyday. Go Gu Ma! I love you, love you, love youuuuu!!