The Father-Daughter Dance

A Shuffled Wedding Mix

"Before there ever were crushes, boyfriends and husbands in a girl's life, there was a man. He's her first love.  He's her hero. A man that somehow, someone could not ever surpass. Her dad."

"And then to a man, there will be a girl who'll surpass every other girl. A girl that will make a man believe in love at first sight. A girl that would make that same man glad being wrapped around her pretty little finger. His daughter."

"Ladies and gentlemen, to celebrate that one of a kind love in this wonderful day, the father-daughter dance."

(play this before you read on please! and try to savor the song. xD )

As her appa comes up to them, Yonghwa gives Joohyun’s hand a light squeeze and guides her to stand. He slightly bows to his father-in-law and hands her hand over to her appa’s waiting ones.

As the father-daughter duo, reaches the middle of the dancefloor, they turn to each other and gigles as their eyes meet. This is just like the old times.

Her appa pulls her close, puts her left hand in his shoulder, the right he holds near his heart as Joohyun leans her head in his shoulder.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Have I told you there's no one else above you?

Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness

Ease my troubles, that's what you do

 “Aigoo, my baby~ all grown up now. You’re going to  forget about appa and just think of that Jung Yonghwa. Tsk” Her appa whispers.

“Ei~ Appa~ she whines. you know it won’t be like that.”

“Ani”, he replies complete with a shake of his head to prove his point. “It will be.”

“Appa.” Her nostrils start to flare, her voice a tad bit stern.

“Arasseo, arasseo.” He chuckles.  “I was just kidding, child.”

She smiles. “Besides, instead of losing me, you’re gaining a son through me. You know yong-oppa loves you very very much.”

For the morning sun in all it's glory

Meets the day with hope and comfort too

You fill my life with laughter, somehow you make it better

Ease my troubles, that's what you do

There's a love less defined

And its yours and its mine

Like the sun

And at the end of the day

We should give thanks and pray

To the one, to the one

Arah~. And I love him like my own son too. And i'm happy because now I won't have to support the LA Lakers alone.  That's why I never hesitated giving him my yes when he asked for your hand.”

“Ey.. so that's why you like him? For only that?”

“Ey.. of course not. Most of all, i gave him my yes because I know, he is and will always be good to you. For you. He loves you.”

She grins. As her appa gently sways them, both lost in the music.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Have I told you there's no one else above you?

Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness

Ease my troubles, that's what you do

Several moments later, she suddeny hears him whisper with obvious will for his voice to not crack. “I still remember those days when we would dance like this in our sitting room back when you were a child."

Seohyun smiles to herself, her head now buried in her appa’s chest.

“You used to stand in my shoes so you could “float” with me. Yes. That’s what you called it.”

“You were so small and light back then. Aigoo~ but my baby’s all grown up now. Tall and very beautiful. And She’ll most probably prefer dancing with her nampyeon than plain old appa. Aigoo~~ who will I dance with then?”

There's a love less defined

And its yours and its mine

Like the sun

And at the end of the day

We should give thanks and pray

To the one, to the one

“Appa~ how can you say that. There’s eomma. And I’ll never not want to dance with you. You’ll always be my Super Appa and  there’s nothing that's going to change that. And I will always be your darling, right? I’ll forever be, right? Right? Joohyun suddenly stands still and seeks her appa's eyes.”

“Aigoo~ of course, child. You’re my darling forever and ever and ever. He hugs her while gently swaying.”

“Even when we give you little Joohyuns and little Yongs?”

Ah.. Grandkids are a different story but.. he muses but chooses to humor his dughter. "Ne~ Nobody won’t ever top you. You’re uri Joohyun after all." He said, smiling.

“Yay!!” She grins while the child in her celebrates as she reposition her head in her appa's shoulder.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Have I told you there's no one else above you?

Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness

Ease my troubles, that's what you do

 

"I love you, appa."

"I love you too, Joohyuna."

Take away all my sadness, fill my life with gladness

Ease my troubles, that's what you do

Take away all my sadness, fill my life with gladness

Ease my troubles, that's what you do

 


A/N: Tuhdaaaa~ Annyeong annyeong!

I've had this since Sunday night but work caught up with me so i wasnt able to edit and post. Now, i still have a lot that needs to be done but my mind just keeps coming back to this so here i am, updating at almost 2 PM to rid of this distraction. LOL

The song's Have I Told You Lately by Rod Stewart. If you've watched What A Girl Wants, you'll know why i chose it. :)

PS. Kids, you shouldnt do what i did, ne? Do not copy this unnie. Hihi.  And i hope i get the feel through. I'm not too confident but.. yeah. :)) Have fun for the remainder of the day~~ til next time. Annyeong!