Special Chapter: Books, Love And Rainy Days

A Shuffled Wedding Mix

The shrill ring of the alarm broke the morning silence in the room.

One of her hands m makes its way to the bedside table lightly tapping the alarm clock, turning it off..

She stills for a few moments…

She lightly taps the arm s around her waist..

“Oppa.. We have to wake up now.”

“Ani.. shiro..” his hold on her waist tightens

"But oppa.. They’re expecting us in an hour..”

"Soojunga~~ can we just call in sick today?" He says

She laughs. “Mwo? Both of us? At the same time? They’ll buy that oppa, surely.”

“But it’s raining. It’s going to be cold out. And you’re warm. My kind of warm. I just want to cuddle with you all day”

"Jinjja?"

"Jinjja."

"Arasseo."

"Jinjja?"

"Jinjja."

That effectively woke him up. He quickly gets up and fishes for his phone under the sheets. When he can’t find it, he gives up and instead reaches across her for her phone on the bedside table.

“Hyung. This is Minhyuk. We won’t be able to help in the preparations today. Yes. Sooojung and I. Just because, hyung. Bye!"

With that, he turns off her phone.

He goes back to find his and turns it off.

"There. Now it’s just you and me in this world, Soojunga." He lies back down beside her.

Krystal blushes and covers her face with a blanket.

“Aigoo.” He said, ruffling her hair, eyes smiling.

He pulls her closer, snaking his other hand under her neck, the other above her waist. She automatically snuggles up to him pressing close. Her cheek rests against his chest; she practically hears his heartbeat, its steady rhythm lulling her to sleep.

Krystal wakes up sometime later to an empty bed. Well, aside from her. It’s still raining, heavily outside, she notes.

She gets up and wanders around the house.

She spots him hovering above the stove, his back to her, making something. It smells like something is burning or about to...

She sneaks up behind him and takes a peek. Pancakes.

She smile to herself then hugs him from the back slowly.

She tiptoes, pecking his cheek. Once, twice.

“Morning, Oppa.”

“Good morning, sweetheart.” He answers, smiling, takes a little look at her then gives his full attention back to his pancakes.

“Why do I feel like we’re in the lyrics of a song?”

“Huh?”

“Banana Pancakes? Jack Johnson?”

Minhyuk looks blank then shakes his head.

But, baby, you hardly even notice

When I try to show you this

Song is meant to keep you

From doing what you're supposed to.

Waking up too early

Maybe we can sleep in

Make you banana pancakes

Pretend like it's the weekend now

 

He was grinning when she finished singing, arms still around his waist, leaving feather light kisses in her neck while he continues the song for her.

And we could pretend it all the time

Can't you see that it's just raining?

There ain't no need to go outside..

 

Krystal giggles.

Minhyuk smiles and nudges her. “Ya. Can’t you think of something useful to do?”

“Isn’t this useful, oppa?” She feels him chuckle.

“You’re making me burn all of these.”

She giggles. “Alright. How about coffee?”

He taps her nose. “Arasseo. Make it delicious.”

“Aye, captain.” She says, grinning complete with a little salute.

Stacks of pancakes, cups of coffee and a lot of dishwashing later, Krystal decides to move the couch closer to the floor-length windows of the penthouse apartment before getting her favourite blanket from the room. Minhyuk’s sitting comfortably on the couch when she comes back.

She glares.

He eyesmiles, opens his arms wide and says.. “Come here.”

She lights up at that and runs to him, automatically snuggling. She opens her latest book, Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.

Minhyuk doesn’t disturb her. He just silently sits there, stares outside and randomly plays with her hair, sometimes kissing her temple.

She avoids on his second attempt and says “Oppa, I haven’t washed my hair yet” without looking away from her book.

“I know. It smells.”

“Ya. Then don’t touch me!” she breaks away from him and gently kick him “Go away!”

“Arasseo. Arasseo. I was joking. It’ smells fine.”

She gives a little “hmp!” but sidles up to him anyway.

After a few chapters, he hears her sniff.

She’s crying.

“Ya. Jung Soojung. What happened?”

Soojung doesn’t say anything. She just hugs him tight.

“Oppa.”

“Wae, Soojunga?”

“Oppa, promise me you won’t want to leave me? No matter what happens, you’ll choose to be here with me. Alive. Alright?” She says, her words muffled. Her face, after all, is buried on the crook of his neck.

“Okay. I promise but Jung Soojung, you’re scaring me.”

She takes a deep breath to calm down first and pulls away a little.

He cups her cheeks and wipes away her tears.

“Tell me what’s wrong?”

She shakes her head. “It’s nothing oppa. It’s just that the ending of this book made me cry.”

“Aigoo. Why?”

“Well, the male protagonist decided to kill himself. He refuses to change his mind even if the one convincing him is the girl he loves. He says love is not enough.”

She starts to tear up again.

“Sshh..Stop crying. I won’t ever do that to you. Or if I do, you remind me of my promise. Arasseo?”

“Jinjja?”

“Jinjja.” He eyesmiles at her.

“Even if it will be hard for both of us, oppa?”

 “Yes. No matter what, as long as I have you, I won’t ever give up. On life, on whatever. You wont, too, right?”

“Hm.” She nods

He taps her nose. “Good.”

“Good.” She smiles.

She hugs him and breathes him in.

“I wish every day’s like this, oppa.”

"Nado, Soojunga.” He unconsciously kisses her temple.

"Ya. Oppa!"


A/N: Annyeong!! I made a promise to one of my readers i'll give her a MinStal special Chap. Chinguya~~ here it is!! Keke. Mian if it took long. I've been writing this since mid-June. It's too hard to write when there's minimal to zero inspiration. Haha.

Anyway, i hope y'all enjoy this and til next time!

And oh.. the next chapter will be my last, i think. :)) i actually dont know how to end this since you know the chapters arent in order. LOL

Comments will be appreciated, tyvm! :)