Hide and Seek

Give Love

Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked to school side by side. The atmosphere is seemingly awkward from what happened yesterday. Well, to Baekhyun at least. He can’t help but think about his friend. Was Chanyeol really jealous? Or was he really just talkative and didn’t see how bored Kris was? Either way, it makes him flustered.

“Byun! Baek! Hyun!” a familiar voice chanted from behind. Baekhyun looked at the back to see who it was when suddenly a boy grabbed him for a tight hug. “Baekhyun! Hey!”

The boy giggled and hugged back. “Hey Jongdae.” He greeted. The hug took a lot of time which made Chanyeol feel really impatient and uncomfortable (again, Chanyeol doesn’t want to use the term ‘jealous’). But to Baekhyun, it was normal for him and Jongdae to hug because one; they were best friends and two; he wants to see if Chanyeol acts the same as yesterday.

Cough.

Baekhyun and Jongdae ignored.

Ehem.

They still ignored.

“EHEM.” Chanyeol literally shouted the word ‘ehem’ to them but still acted like he was coughing very very loudly. But neither of them let go of each other. Chanyeol furrowed his eye brows and huffed. “I’m going first. Bye.” He stated and stomped his big feet away.

Jongdae smirked and let go of Baekhyun. “Why didn’t you let me go when Chanyeol was, uh, coughing?” Baekhyun asked innocently as he stared at Jongdae then stared at Chanyeol’s tall figure who was slowly stomping out of sight. He heard a soft chuckle then he felt Jongdae’s arms around him.

“Because I missed you.”

Baekhyun raised a brow. “Are you sure you miss me or do you need anything from me?”

“Nah. I just really miss you.” Jongdae said. “You’re always with Chanyeol. I’m jealous.”

“What? Why?” Baekhyun laughed and smiled at his best friend. “You’re my best friend. You’re more important to me than that giant.”

“Yeah. Best friend.” Jongdae mumbled.

-xoxo-

Two days later…

“Hey, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol called as he walked towards his roommate’s seat at the front. His wide grin became wider as he was close to him. “Want to eat lunch with me?” He looked at Baekhyun with hopeful eyes and he knew Baekhyun can’t even dare to reject him until he heard a very familiar voice that was walking towards him. Not actually him but Baekhyun.

The shorter boy smiled at Chanyeol widely and slowly turned into a frown as he heard the familiar voice. “Oh, sorry Chanyeol.” He gave him an apologetic smile instead, “I promised Jongdae to eat with him today. Let’s eat together tomorrow if you don’t mind.”

Chanyeol turned around and saw a smiling Jongdae. He rolled his eyes as he turns back to face Baekhyun. He sighed angrily. “Fine.” He stomped away as he glared at the boy. Baekhyun heard Chanyeol grumbling curse words and thought he was talking to himself.

“Weird.” He mumbled to himself as Jongdae walked closer to him.

“What was that?” He asked.

Baekhyun shook his head. “That’s nothing, don’t mind him.” He stood up and grabbed Jongdae’s arm. “Let’s eat! I’m so hungry!”

Jongdae smiled and laughed at his best friend and nodded. They walked to the canteen where Baekhyun saw Chanyeol sitting with Jongin and Sehun. The table was surprisingly silent and depressing. Usually, the three boys along with Luhan would be loud and would probably throw food at each other while laughing. The two decided to play with the three boys and sat down their table without permission. But even though they sat down, neither of the three minded or even cared. They didn’t even bother to look up and see who sat. They just sit there and…sigh.

Minutes have passed and yet no one talked. But that’s impossible. Sehun can’t even sit still for ten seconds and now he’s so behaved. Even Jongin and Chanyeol. It must be because of Math, Baekhyun thought so he decided to speak. “Um, hey.”

Sehun lifted his head up to see Baekhyun and nodded sadly. “So, um,” Baekhyun said awkwardly, “Where’s Luhan?”

“With the ing dumpling.” Sehun mumbled as he pointed at somewhere.

“With the what?” Jongdae asked and squinted his eyes to where Sehun was pointing at.

“Minseok.”

“What? No ‘Hyung’ or anything?”

Sehun rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms. “No. Never in a million years.”

“Okay…” Baekhyun trailed off.

“So where’s Kyungsoo hyung?” Sehun asked out of the blue as Jongin quickly looked at Baekhyun, hoping for good news after with what he said the other day. “Is he absent? I didn’t see him today.”

Baekhyun shrugged. “Well, he said he was sick so he went to the nurse’s office.” As Baekhyung ended his sentence, Jongin quickly stood up and dashed out of the cafeteria. He left the other boys stare in surprise except for Chanyeol who was still quiet the whole time.

Usually, the tall boy would crack lame jokes and tease Baekhyun or Jongin but he didn’t do any of those to which Baekhyun felt really concerned. As a friend. He may be feeling sick or maybe he ate something and his stomach is upset.

“Chanyeol, are you okay?” Baekhyun asked as the other boys looked at him. Chanyeol just shook his head and didn’t bother looking at him or anyone else. He just kept his head down as he mumbled some words Baekhyun can’t understand. Jongdae asked the same thing but this time, Chanyeol replied with a loud “Yeah. I’m okay” as if mocking the boy.

“Are you sure?” Baekhyun leaned to Chanyeol, who was on the opposite side of the table, and placed his hand on his forehead. “You’re not hot or anything. Do you want me to take you to the nurse’s office?”

Chanyeol shook his head.

“Oh, Baekhyun,” Jongdae grabbed Baekhyun’s hand away from Chanyeol’s forehead and forced him to look at him. “I forgot. We have club meeting later.” He smiled, “I’ll fetch you okay?” Jongdae gave his best friend a reassuring smile as Baekhyun gave him a worried smile back and nodded. They heard Chanyeol mumble words to which only Sehun could hear. The youngest boy quickly patted Chanyeol’s shoulder and sympathized with a sigh.

 

Lunch ended and everybody was on their way back to their rooms. Jongdae waved farewell to Baekhyun as he waved back. Chanyeol was still feeling down and walking with Baekhyun on the halls felt awkward. The shorter boy held Chanyeol’s arm to make him stop as he did so. He walked in front of his friend and looked at him.

“Park Chanyeol, what’s your problem?” Baekhyun darted a fierce look in his eyes with eyeliner, which made it sassier. Chanyeol looked anywhere than Baekhyun.

“Nothing.” He replied.

Baekhyun snorted and crossed his arms. “Then explain why you’re so quiet?”

“Why? Is it wrong to be quiet?”

“N-No,” Baekhyun stuttered and looked away awkwardly as he gained back his posture. “It’s just that it’s like you don’t want to be with me!” He admitted. “Is this because of the other day? Well, I’m sorry if you were so concerned of Kris being bored with me! And to tell you the truth, you are actually my style! I-” Chanyeol, with his eyes widened in surprise, stared down at Baekhyun.

Damn it, Byun Baekhyun! What did you just say!? “I-I mean…” He blushed and avoided eye contact. “What I meant was…”

“You what?” Chanyeol asked. “Byun Baekhyun’s style” He started smiling, “Is me?”

Chanyeol’s frown slowly turned into a very happy grin as Baekhyun started blushing as his cheeks became a dark shade of red. The taller boy grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and ran to the staircase that leads to their school’s rooftop. Chanyeol ignored Baekhyun’s never ending protests as they arrived at the rooftop.

The beautiful blue sky and the fresh cold air made Baekhyun stop talking and stare at the relaxing view of Seoul from their rooftop. He stared in awe as Chanyeol stared at his face, smiling. “Cool, right?”

Baekhyun snapped out and looked at Chanyeol “How did you have the key to the door? I thought students weren’t allowed here?”

“Well, yeah, we aren’t allowed here. But I’m friends with the janitors here, so…”

Baekhyun chuckled and looked up at the blue sky again. “I’m sorry.” Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol who had his head down.

“You like saying sorry, don’t you?” The shorter one smiled.

Chanyeol laughed a little and looked away while his head was still down. “I’m just jealous of someone.”

“Who?” Baekhyun tilted his head.

“He’s a friend of mine but we aren’t that close. But you see,” Chanyeol sighed, “I think he likes the person who is special to me. He’s been grabbing his attention away from me. And they are good friends. So I’m jealous.”

“Park Chanyeol,” Baekhyun walked closer to his friend and touched his cheeks as he tiptoed to reach him. “You’re a great guy and there is no need to be jealous of other people.” He smiled at him, “You’re perfect just the way you are.”

“You think so?” Chanyeol laughed.

“Yeah!” Baekhyun stopped tiptoeing and laughed at him, “Perfect for being the next Godzilla!”

“Hey!”

The two laughed and sat down beside the door, leaning on the cold wall, as they watched the clouds move in their pace. They didn’t even thought about their next class; or how they were cutting classes in the middle of the year. Who could’ve thought of how relaxing it was to just sit back and watch life as it is? Baekhyun thought it would be pretty boring, watching the sky and letting the time pass by. Not to mention cutting classes is a big no-no for an honor student like him.

But today was different. Actually, every day’s different when he’s with Chanyeol.

-xoxo-

“! It’s 4PM and we literally missed all of our afternoon classes!” Baekhyun sat up from the rooftop’s floor as he was staring at his wrist watch. “Yah! Chanyeol! Wake up!” He turned to his sleeping friend and shook him with all of his might. He was in panic and he can’t believe they slept. “Jongdae’s probably waiting for me! I have club meeting and-”

“Don’t go.” Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s hand as he was still on his sleeping position from a while ago. His deep voice is definitely not helping ease his friend’s dilemma. He took a peek at the confused and flustered face of Baekhyun and tightened his grip. “Stay.”

“…okay.”

 

Meanwhile, Jongdae stretched his arms as he stood up from a seat in front inside an empty classroom. “Baekhyun’s late.” He smiled to himself as he touched the chair he sat on slowly and felt the carvings on the desk that said Byun Baekhyun’s chair and tiny stars were drawn next to it. He glanced to a seat at the back, the only one with a bag on top of its desk, and sighed.

“You like Baekhyun hyung, don’t you?”

A voice startled Jongdae as he turned around to see who it was. “Sehun?”

“Tell me, hyung,” Sehun walked slowly to Jongdae, “Are you purposely making Chanyeol hyung jealous of you?”

Jongdae kept silent and bit his lower lip as he stared at Sehun. When the younger raised a brow, Jongdae avoided eye contact and laughed nervously. “What are you talking about?”

“So you are.” Sehun smirked.

“What if I am?”

“You need to stop.”

Jongdae walked to Sehun and replied, “I can’t. I won’t.” He furrowed his eyebrows making his face look serious, “I’ll make Baekhyun mine,”

“He was mine from the start after all.”

 

-

i've been wanting to write a baekchen part and, well, yeah here; a love triangle ;n; um nothing much have happened? i'm disappointed in this chapter haha not to mention i didn't prepare any image. *too tired to edit anything* sighs im sorry :c much mianhae to everyone. geez im just so tired of everything and i dont have any energy to write, to draw, to edit, to do anything omg Q A Q i think im sick idk i've been sleeping 12 hours a day and i still feel so tired???? and my body hurst so much TAT maybe because im not taking my meds....oh well..

but thank you all for the new subs!!!! you guys cheer me up! ♥♥ i'll do a better chapter next time! ♥