Second Confession

Give Love

“They’re here already?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol as he continued eyeing the vehicle. “But they said they’ll be gone for a whole month?” And it’s only been a week or two when I was with Chanyeol

“Aren’t you glad they’re here, though?” Chanyeol raised a brow, “Or is it that you want to spend more time with me?” Baekhyun blushed and punched Chanyeol’s arm. “Shut up!” He walked to their door and twisted the door knob. It was, surprisingly, open. They really are home, Baekhyun thought.

The shorter walked in as Chanyeol follows from behind. Still carrying the bouquet, he calls for his parents. “Mom? Dad?” Baekhyun heard familiar voices at the living room, which made him follow. As he walks nearer, the voices’ words can be heard clearly. “But Baekhyun’s my son.”

He froze at the familiar grumpy voice that he never thought he’d hear again. “You can’t stop me from seeing him!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol hid behind the wall and continued eavesdropping. The taller had his eyes on Baekhyun. He was shaking.

“No, you can’t see him!”

“I’m his legal father, for crying out loud!” Baekhyun jumped to the sudden noises of chairs moving, “Look, I told you I’m sorry, okay? I regret what I did before.”

“I can’t let you hurt him again.”

“Who are you to tell me that, you *sshole? You’re just his step-father.”

“I took care of him, I am his real father!”

“You guys, just stop!” A loud bang from the table echoed. “Please, just stop!”

Baekhyun poked his head out to see three adults standing, chairs disarranged and papers scattered everywhere. He saw his mom gripping her fist tightly and looked as if she slammed her fist on the table a while ago. Her head was bowed down as she continued talking to them, asking them relevant questions. “Why did you even show up?” She asked as she turned her head in a little angle to the right, where his dad was standing. The old man wore his signature business attire and stress was written on his face.

“I…”

“Why do you want to see Baekhyun?” She turned her head completely to face the right, “So you can hurt him again?”

“No, it’s not that-”

 

“Dad?”

The three adults looked to where the voice was coming from. Their eyes landed on the petite boy standing as his legs were shaking. His father’s eyes widened and were surprised to see his own son after years being apart. A shy and loving smile suddenly crept up his face as he walks towards his son. He grew up pretty well, he thought. “Baekhyun, son, I-”

As soon as his father opened his arms, Baekhyun took a step back and Chanyeol stood in front of him as his long arms covered Baekhyun. His father was taken aback; who’s this? “Baekhyun,”

“No.”  Chanyeol said angrily, “Don’t touch him.”

“Baekhyun!” His mother ran towards him, passes his father, and hugged him tightly as she planted a kiss on his forehead. His step father followed and gestured Chanyeol to step back and let him talk to the old man. He gave him a fierce look and stared into his eyes.

The living room was silent and it was Baekhyun’s chance to run away, so he did. He ran out of the house, ignoring the calls from his parents and kept his tears in. Today was supposed to be a good day but after seeing his father, the old bitter memories flashed back as if it was only yesterday. And it hurts him.

Baekhyun ran; ran to wherever his feet take him. He doesn’t care. All he wants to go right now is anywhere far from his father.

 

-xoxo-

 

“Byun Baekhyun!” The shorter boy jumped at the person who shouted his name from the back. He turned around and saw Chanyeol grasping for air as his sweat rolled down his face. “Are you going to make me look for you again?” He wiped the sweat on his forehead using the back of his hand and panted, “Or do you want me to die worrying about you?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “I’ve only been gone for three hours, why are you over reacting?”

The taller frowned and grabbed Baekhyun’s arm and pulled him for a hug. “I know you’re scared,” He whispered, “Confused, maybe?” he his hair, “and hurt.”  Baekhyun felt a tear roll down his cheek. “And this was such a good day but the old man spoiled it.” Chanyeol laughed, “I think it’s time for you to talk to him.”

“I can’t.” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol. The taller smiled at him, “Want to talk about it?”

Baekhyun nodded shyly as they sat down on a bench.

 

It wasn’t easy dealing with a drunkard as a father, and a perfectionist as well. The earlier days, when Baekhyun’s parents were newlyweds, are like scenes from a romance movie. They were both in love. And when they had Baekhyun, their love for each other grew deeper. The young boy laughed at the thought of his short-termed happy family, “Funny how I was the reason why they love each other, and the reason why they broke up.”

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. He never really did get what happened between his parents and his step-father but it must have been hard for Baekhyun to cope up in such a young age. “My parents broke up when I was six, and we started hating each other’s guts when we were seven.” Baekhyun smiled. “Then she married my step-father months after fully nullifying their wedding contract.”

“And, well, I never really get to see or talk to my dad ever again.” He concluded, “I was glad, though. And my step-father treated me well so I didn’t really think of my dad that much.” They were silent for a minute before he heard a reply.

“Except when you try to sing.” Chanyeol smiled.

“Yah! But I can now!” Baekhyun hit Chanyeol’s arm and smiled. “And it’s all thanks to-”

“Park Chanyeol, yes.”

“No. Taeyeon noona!”

Chanyeol stood up, “What? No! It was me!” He pouted, “That girl only had, like, ten percent of the encouraging!”

“True.” Baekhyun giggled as he stood up, “But you didn’t let me finish.” Chanyeol tilted his head.

“It’s all thanks to Taeyeon noona that I was given a chance to sing again, but this idiot named Park Chanyeol made me realize that I can do it. Park Chanyeol helped me get out of the small box of fear I was in because of my father. And that idiot is you, idiot!”

The taller blushed as he laughed. “Yah!” He reached for Baekhyun and ruffled his hair. “I’m only an idiot because of you.”

“Shut up, you’re born as an idiot.” Bakehyun laughed. “Thanks for cheering me up again.”

“Anything for you.”

 

The two became quiet again and Baekhyun couldn’t look at his friend’s eyes. “Chanyeol,” he tugged the taller boy’s sleeve, “Can you walk me home later? And stand beside me when I talk to my dad?”

Chanyeol smiled, “Sure, midget.”

 

 

“Hey, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun called in a soft voice; his had still gripping on the sleeve.

“Yeah?”

“Do you remember the question you asked me before?”

Chanyeol tilted his head, “What? I ask a lot of questions though.” He laughed, “Is it about homework?”

“No, idiot!” Baekhyun slapped his arm, “About the dating thing?”

“Oh, if you’d date me? Was that it?”

Baekhyun blushed. “Oh.” The taller smirked, “Why, Mr. Byun?” The sudden talk about dating made Chanyeol’s heart hope a little. Maybe the shorter really did like him, or maybe he’s going to reject him for Jongdae. Who knows? It got the taller interested and his big ears were open for Baekhyun’s next statement.

“I’ve been thinking about it and, well,” Baekhyun blushed harder as he gulped, “I think, I…”

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun’s shy smile and prayed for a miracle. “Please say you like me too.” He thought and breathed slowly as he waits.

“Park Chanyeol, I…” Baekhyun’s face was red as a tomato. He got all of his courage out to look into Chanyeol’s eyes; but it made his stomach release butterflies that he couldn’t even control. With the thought about his chaotic family out of the way, his heart screamed for Chanyeol and it was obvious that he knows what to say. His tiny ball of courage finally pushed him to open his mouth and speak up much to his unprepared heart’s dismay. “I really like you.”

The taller froze and his cheeks blushed deeper as he continued staring at Baekhyun. Is this a dream? “No, wait,” The shorter shook his head.

 

“Park Chanyeol, will you be my boyfriend?”

 

-

oooooh it's here!!! baek finally confessed!! ;u; im super duper sorry for the long wait! and thank you for the new subs ♥♥!! you guys make me so happy~ hugs and kisses for you!!! ♥♥♥♥ (/ > 3 < )/♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ \( > U < \) ♥♥♥♥♥