A Date, But It's Not A Date

Give Love

“Park Chanyeol, stop following me!”

“We have the same classroom, idiot!”

“For God’s sake, stop fighting!” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he inserted his petite body in between Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s while walking to their classroom. The two boys glared at each other. “You guys, seriously.” He shook his head.

“Where’s Jongin, by the way? Why aren’t you with him?” Baekhyun changed the topic and asked his best friend.

“I don’t know. Why are you asking me?”

Chanyeol chuckled, “Because you two are dating, right?”

Kyungsoo gave them a confused look. “Dating? Us?” He laughed, “Me and Jongin? We’re not dating.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other then back to Kyungsoo. “But you do like him, right?” Baekhyun asked.

“I do. As a friend and as his hyung.” He smiled.

“Poor Jongin,” Chanyeol sighed and Kyungsoo looked at him, “After all these years…” Chanyeol faked cry.

“Ah, yes,” Baekhyun sighed in agreement and Kyungsoo looked at him next, “It must be though. I hope Jongin’s okay.”

“Guys, what are you talking about?” Kyungsoo asked, confusion in his big eyes, “I don’t get it.” He kept on looking at Chanyeol and Baekhyun but receiving no answer. The two would only sigh, pretend to cry and kept on telling how Jongin’s having a sad life. “Screw you, people.” He said, giving in.

-xoxo-

History has always been Chanyeol’s weakness and probably the only subject, aside from Math, that makes him sleepy. Half of the class are dozing off while the others were trying to understand the lesson and listen attentively. Chanyeol’s phone vibrated in his pocket. He decided to use his phone to keep him awake.

 

From: Noona
To: Chanyeol

I’ll be late today. You and Baekhyun can eat out. Take care, okay?

 

Chanyeol smiled and hid his phone under the table. His eyes would look at their teacher from time to time, to check if he’s looking or not. Good thing, though, that he was seated at the back.

 

From: Chanyeol
To: Noona

Roger that! ^o^)b I’ll take care of Baekhyun! You take care too, Noona!

 

To: Byuntae Baekhyun
From: Chanyeol

Noona’s gonna be late. Wanna eat outside later?

 

To: Giant Chanyeol
From: Byuntae Baekhyun

With you? No thanks.

 

To: Byuntae Baekhyun
From: Giant Chanyeol

Fine. :c What will you eat then?

 

To: Giant Chanyeol
From: Byuntae Baekhyun

 

To: Byuntae Baekhyun
From: Giant Chanyeol

Exactly. Eat with me later. Please? :3

 

To: Giant Chanyeol
From: Byuntae Baekhyun

Ok fine, whatever.

 

To: Giant Chanyeol
From: Byuntae Baekhyun

But it’s not a date.

 

To: Giant Chanyeol
From: Byuntae Baekhyun

Okay?

 

 

To: Byuntae Baekhyun
From: Giant Chanyeol

Sure!

 

To: Byuntae Baekhyun
From: Giant Chanyeol

Who wants to date you, anyway? -Not me lol

 

Everyone’s eyes were on Baekhyun who stood up all of the sudden. Baekhyun was blushing and darted a deadly glare at Chanyeol. “Excuse me, Baekhyun, is there a problem?” The teacher asked, looking concerned.

Baekhyun pointed at Chanyeol. “Sir! Chanyeol is bullying me!”

“What?” Chanyeol stood up, eyes wide, and hiding his laughter because the diva was pissed off. He threw both of his hands on air as if surrendering.

“See! He’s even laughing at me!”

“I am not!”

The teacher shook his head and asked them to sit down. It happens all the time, so he’s used to it. He, then, resumed to his lecture.

-xoxo-

“You sure you don’t want to come?” Baekhyun asked his best friends who shook their heads. Baekhyun pouted.

Jongdae patted his head. “Baekhyun, it’s a date.”

“It’s not!”

Kyungsoo patted his head as well. “It is.” He sighed, “Now, go meet up Chanyeol.”

“But-” Baekhyun tried to protest but Jongdae cut him off.

“Have fun with your Chanyeollie later, okay?” The boy winked and emphasize the name. Baekhyun gagged and Kyungsoo giggled. “Well, Kyungsoo, let’s go.”

“Wait, where are you guys going?” Baekhyun asked them but they didn’t answer. Instead, they smiled and said farewell as they walk away leaving Baekhyun dumbfounded. He waited for Chanyeol at the front of the school and became impatient.

“Darn it, Chanyeol, where are you?” He said, pissed off. He crossed his arms on his chest and impatiently tapping his foot while casually checking his phone for the time. “If this really is a date, I’ll leave him.” He whispered to himself. “What’s taking him so long?”

It was getting late as well. The wind started to feel really cold and brought Baekhyun to shiver. He would hear footsteps but he was alone. He looked at the back and saw no one. The bushes started to move as if someone was hiding inside it. “Chanyeol? I-Is that you?” He stuttered. But there was no answer. Baekhyun looked around and felt really scared. He wanted to cry for help until-

“Boo!”

“AAAAAAH! YAH!” Baekhyun jumped, “KKAEBSONG,” He shouted as he looked behind. He saw a tall boy who looked like he was going to die out of laughter. Chanyeol kept on laughing regardless of Baekhyun’s screams and protests. “Yah! Park Chanyeol!” He shouted but he was ignored.

The annoyed boy stomped his foot and began walking away. “Y-Yah! Yah! Yah!” Chanyeol shouted as he stopped laughing and chased Baekhyun. “Baekhyun! Where are you going? I thought we were going to-” He grabbed Baekhyun’s shoulder as he forced him to turn around. “Baekhyun?” The boy was hiding his face from him and he heard him sniff. “Wait, Baekhyun, are you crying?” He asked with a concerned voice as he slowly lifts Baekhyun’s head up. His big hands cupped on the other boy’s small face.

Baekhyun looked anywhere than Chanyeol and blushed. “Idiot,” He mumbled. “Idiot,” He repeated. “Idiot, idiot, idiot!” He exclaims as he hits Chanyeol’s chest with his shaking fists. “Idiot, idiot-”

Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s hands to stop them for hitting him. It wasn’t because Chanyeol got hurt, but because Baekhyun’s hands were shaking with fear and he was the reason why. He suddenly grabbed him for a tight hug and his head as he whispered “I’m sorry,” repeatedly as Baekhyun stopped crying.

“Idiot, I was scared.” Baekhyun said as he naturally puts his arms around Chanyeol’s body, hugging him back. “I hate you.”

“I know.” Chanyeol whispered and rested his head on Baekhyun’s head.

 

“Yeollie, I’m scared…”

“It’s okay, Baekkie, I’m here for you.”

“Promise me you’ll always be here when a scary ghost shows up?”

“Promise.”

 

“It’s spicy.” Baekhyun commented as he stuck his tongue out and fanned it with his hand. “They weren’t joking with the super spicy noodles.”

Chanyeol laughed and gave him more meat and Baekhyun ate them and smiled. “I told you so. And besides, you aren’t manly enough to eat super spicy stuff.” He joked.

“I am!” Baekhyun defended and ate more noodles. Chanyeol just stared at him with amusement. The shorter boy lifted his red face and it was as if smoke will come out of his ears. His eyes were tearing up; it was too spicy for him. Chanyeol laughed.

“You can have mine, it’s not that spicy.” Chanyeol exchanged their bowls. Baekhyun smiled and ate them happily.

“Thanks, giant-Yeol!”

“You’re welcome, midget-Hyun!” he mocked.

“I’m not a midget!”

Chanyeol laughed and leaned in to reach Baekhyun’s head. He ruffled his hair and gave him a friendly smile. “We should be friends, you know.” The giant said as he ate and glanced at Baekhyun.

“Why?” Baekhyun responded but didn’t look at Chanyeol. His focus was on the food. “The tteokbokki here is good!” He changed the subject.

“Well, I still don’t get why you hate me so much.” Chanyeol tasted the tteokbokki that Baekhyun offered him. “You’re right, it is.” He nodded and took another.

Baekhyun finished his noodles and looked at the ceiling while his hands massage his chin as if he was thinking of something. He looked at Chanyeol. “Then treat me ice cream!” He said with a wide grin, “And let’s go shopping!”

“Sure, okay,”

“But you’ll have to buy me whatever I want.”

“What?” Chanyeol protested, “You think I’m Junmyeon hyung?”

“No. You’re better than him,” Baekhyun thought. “Much better.”

He heard a sigh from Chanyeol and he quickly looked at him with hopeful eyes. “Fine. As long as we’ll be friends.”

The two went to a shopping district and grabbed some ice cream. Chanyeol had strawberry and Baekhyun had chocolate. The shorter boy would point at things and tell stories to the taller. He told him how fifth period went and how boring it was as he laughs. Their hands would naturally intertwine with each other’s but Baekhyun didn’t notice as Chanyeol didn’t mind. Instead, he held it as if he wasn’t letting go.

“Chanyeol, buy me this.” Baekhyun pointed at a white shirt with a panda print on it. Chanyeol looked at the shirt and saw a black one, with opposite colors.

Chanyeol giggled as he picked up both shirts. “They’re like couple shirts!” He exclaimed and Baekhyun blushed. The Chanyeol gave the boy a suspicious grin and looked at him with teasing eyes. “You want us to wear matching shirts?” He pinched Baekhyun’s cheeks. “You’re so cute!”

The boy blushed. “Never mind, I don’t want that.”

“Excuse me,” Chanyeol raised his hand to call a clerk, “Do you have sizes for this?”

“Yah! What are you doing?” Baekhyun slapped Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Buying this for you.”

“But I don’t want that!”

“Yes, you do.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes in defeat as they walk out of the store with a paper bag on hand. “Park Chanyeol, seriously.”

Chanyeol just smiled at him as they walked home.

“Hey, Baekhyun,” He called as they were walking, “Thanks for the date.”

Baekhyun hits Chanyeol playfully. “It’s not a date!”

“Whatever you say.” He laughed

“But it’s not!”

“Yeah, I believe you.” Chanyeol mocked.

“Yah!” Baekhyun blushed, “It really isn’t a date!”

The two arrived at the house and raced inside.

 So short lol i didn't have any energy since i can see some exo stans fighting about whose side they are on (yifan's or ot11's) which is really sad :< guys don't fight, okay? let's just hope for the best i guess? :( ok so i'm writing fluff fics so i can cheer myself up and probably you guys as well! c: let's not stop supporting exo +kris and be positive, okay? fighting!! (p.s: kris stans, i hope you feel a little better after some days :(( i feel you! kris is one of my biases and it hurts...)

thank you all for the subs!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥ kisses for u! (/^3^)/♥♥♥