8th Cookie

A Bagful of Cookies

Looking back at the comment box, Jessica could almost imagine Hara going, ‘Oh-uh’ if she were to be next to her at the new comment which silenced almost everyone.

 

[World] GD_Hyerii: Please do not misunderstand. Our Minah had been with TylerK for quite a while and did not snatch him from that MaoMao. Our Minah is definitely better than that b****.

[World] GD_Hyerii: Owh, no one is commenting now? Well then,

[World] GD_Hyerii: Congratulations my sister, GD_Minah and my to-be-brother-in-law TylerK!\

 

Jessica continued staring at the comment box as the female player who goes by the name GD_Hyerii started a conversation by herself, only to be joined by her fellow GD family(guild) members. The comment page was instantly flooded with the same message congratulating the engaged couple on their upcoming wedding.

 

[PM] Haragool: UNNIEE, she called you a…

[PM] MaoMao: Ignore her. It only takes one to know what a … is like xD

 

Though Jessica did not feel exactly nice about being called like that, she quickly brushed it aside since it was not the first time she had been called that way after all, due to her playing skills in the game. Some people had even started to think that she was a boy playing a female character, but of course, that is not the truth.

 

She could remember when the rumors that she was actually a boy just came out, she was so busy laughing at it that the whole issue was only settled thanks to Hara and a few of other juniors who had done everything to verify that MaoMao, was in fact a female player.

 

Now that she recalled, it was right after that issue that she had met TylerK in one of the maps. At first, like the typical ice-princess her, Jessica had ignored the male player everytime he tried to start a conversation with her. It was only after a week of pestering by the male player when Jessica got fed-up and finally made an acquaintance with him.

 

The two, from then on, started to get closer and closer, as they went online together, offline together, questing together. Practically everything they did on the game was together for that period of time. After a few months, TylerK asked Jessica for help in building a guild, and Jessica agreed. Nevertheless, she had not joined the guild as she was not interested in joining one.

 

T.M, the guild that TylerK had built with the help of Jessica eventually became one of the strongest guilds around, and was only second to the guild named EXO. This was of course, largely thanks to Jessica, who had recruited most of her friends that were players in the top hundred into the guild. To say it blatantly, the accomplishments of the guild is Jessica’s hard work, and not TylerK who was just waiting to be fed the end product. In fact, most of the guild players treat Jessica as the guild master, or the future guild mistress as quoted by Hara who was in the guild as well. As both Jessica and TylerK did not deny or erase that mindset of the guild members, they continued teasing the two and life within the game remained pretty much the same.

 

It was only a month ago that things began to change. TylerK had asked for a video call via Skype with Jessica, in the name of wanting to know her better. Knowing his intention, Jessica rejected him almost immediately as she did not believe in an online love, much to the male player’s distaste. The male player started to change after the rejection and the two eventually drifted apart, not much to Jessica’s attention since she was busy packing and moving back to South Korea.

 

Looking at all the messages from the other T.M guild members asking her to cheer up right then, Jessica started to realise how bad the drift was, but given a choice to have a video call with TylerK once again, she would still do the same thing.

 

At that moment, another comment was added to the ‘World’ comment page.

 

[World] TylerK: Thank you all! Everyone is invited to our wedding, which is taking place this Friday, which is two days later, at 6.30pm!

 

A weird feeling crept up Jessica, only to be erased by Hara once again.

 

[PM] Haragool: Unnie, I JUST SAW HIS COMMENT! ARE YOU OKAY?

[PM] MaoMao: Yeah, I’m fine. I need to go now, see you next time! AND SLEEP EARLY, don’t keep playing yeah, or you’ll get scolded for not enough rest!

 

Glancing at the message she had received on her phone telling her that the internet was done fixing, Jessica swiftly said farewell to Hara before signing off her account. She grabbed her things as she dialed Yoona, who was in charge of making dinner that night to inform that she was on her way home.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, told her that the eight girls were all waiting for her to start dinner. Hearing so, Jessica starting to rush off, after throwing her things into her handbag. As the staffs stared in awe at the girl’s backview, one of them noticed a tiny bangle with a kitty charm on it, sitting quietly by the monitor screen. The staff reached out a hand to pick the bangle up, turning her body around to see her boss, “Marcus, that lady left this behind…”

 

௹௹௹

 

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon…” Seohyun muttered softly before raising her voice, “Unnie! You have a mail from.. from Hallyu University?!” The girl’s shocked voice straightaway got the attention of her other seven best friends who were doing their own activities around the house after dinner. The seven girls rushed to the former’s side in one second, their curiosity getting the better hold of them.

 

“Isn’t this our university?” Sunny blinked at the large school logo at the top left corner of the envelope. Nodding viciously, Hyoyeon and Yuri tried snatching the letter from the youngest, only to see the letter disappear right before their eyes and out-stretched hands.

 

An eery feeling creep up their spine, the two cautiously looked up to see Jessica staring right at them with the envelope at the tip of her fingers. The latter crossed her arms before her chest, her gaze piercing, as if waiting for the two to say something. Both Yuri and Hyoyeon stared back sheepishly, blinking madly at the same time as they apologised simultaneously, “Sorry Jessi.”

 

“It’s fine for me, but you two have to remember that it is not nice to open other’s letters or parcels.” Jessica slowly breathed out, only to see Hyoyeon and Yuri smiling wildly whilst nodding their heads. Sooyoung, Sunny, Tiffany and Yoona started to snicker at their two friends’ actions, to which Jessica sent a look to them as she continued, “Make sure ALL of you know that.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled softly at the blank expressions of the six girls, pulling Seohyun along towards the sofa, “I agree with Jessi, you kids need to learn manners. Just because we don’t mind, does not mean that others would not mind too.”

 

“I’ll head up first then.” Jessica laughed softly at the faces of her best friends, which become more blank after hearing what Taeyeon had said, as she walked up towards her workroom.

 

It was only seconds later that the six girls started blinking, as if the words said by their oldest two had made a huge impact in their hearts that they were absorbing the words. But Taeyeon knew better than to think that way, as she braced herself for more.

 

Sooyoung’s subsequent question, to which the others nodded in agreement, was totally expected by the older girl, “But why did Hallyu U. send a letter to Jessi?”

 

“I guess we’ll see…” Taeyeon trailed off in response to Sooyoung’s question, sighing absentmindedly.

 

 


 

 

Author's Note: Hello, this is a double treat for all of you~~ ^-^ Its a present for the absence of updates the past weeks due to my exams going on~~ I hope all of you will enjoy this two cookies~~ I hope things are getting a little more heated up though, and I can't believe its the 8th cookie already, time sure past fast~~ Weeeee, I shaldn't drag this, so I'm ending here..

 

P.S: I'm sorry to all Girl's Day fans for making them the erm, 'bad' characters here, but I couldn't think of groups.. >_< Forgive me!! TT_TT

 

Thank you all readers, subscribers and upvoters, you guys are the best!! ^-^ Until next week then!!