7th Cookie

A Bagful of Cookies

Jessica was bored again. In fact, she always was, especially after she had returned to Korea. Though she had her best friends with her, they still had school to attend to while she was, well, free most of the time.

 

Back in Paris, it was the same for her. Everyday was spent with her either in her workroom or wondering what she could do or learn that day. Now that she was back in South Korea to be with her family and friends, life was not that much different, for her that is.

 

Everyday was a dilemma of what she should do, and maybe that was why she had started to play Te Wikitoria in the first place, to take away part of that boredom. What had started off as a tryout to relieve her boredom had evolved into a hobby of her's and she felt herself enjoying the game even more as each day passed.

 

In fact, she had arrived at the town’s largest and best gaming café that day as the house’s internet was not working. Having called service to fix it, Jessica had found herself bored and had no inspiration to enter her workroom as of then. Deciding again and again, since there was nothing else she could do as well, gaming was the only option left.

 

Taking her place by the computer she was assigned to, she quickly logged into her account and immersed herself into the world of Te Wikitoria. She started to go around, completing her quests one by one, only to discover a computer glitch in the midst of a game, not that it really affected her playing though.

 

Time passed as she continued after making a mental note to notify the admin about the glitch. Jessica had just finished battling a boss when she got approached by a boy who looked familiar.

 

“You?” He said when she looked up.

 

"You're one of those boys from yesterday,  aren't you supposed to have class right now?" She questioned curiously, only to continue once again, "Are you a staff here? I think there's some glitches with this computer, not that it affected me that is."

 

"Jessica right? Well, sort of, but I'm here to fix the glitch. So would you excuse me?" Jessica was somewhat happy that the boy had managed to remember her name only by introducing herself the day before, despite the fact that she still did not know the boy’s name.

 

She swiftly glided back in her chair to make space for the boy as he started on his work. A comfortable silence surrounded the two as Jessica stared at Luhan, and Luhan doing his work to fix the computer's glitch. Minutes passed before Luhan finally broke the silence, "It's done. Thank you."

 

"No, thank you." Jessica nodded curtly at the boy as she went back to her game, only turn back again, wanting to ask the boy for his name. But by then, the boy had already walked away as she saw another three boys, from the group the day before as well, pulling him out of the café.

 

Turning back in regret, Jessica was about to continue on with another boss, only to receive a message from one of her juniors-friends back in Paris, Goo Hara, a Korean who had also played the game to pass time like her.

 

[PM] Haragool: Hey, are you okay?

[PM] MaoMao: ?

[PM] Haragool: About TylerK’s engagement with that GD_Minah girl

[PM] MaoMao: ?

[PM] Haragool: Wait, you mean that you didn’t hear? The news is spreading over the game like fire right now…

[PM] MaoMao: Be right back…

 

With a few clicks, the computer screen immediately changed to the game’s forum and indeed, the new engagement announcement by TylerK and GD_Minah was at the top. Smirking coldly as she strolled through the page, she returned to the game after getting what was going on.

 

[PM] Haragool: I didn’t know that he didn’t tell you.

[PM] Haragool: I mean, what is wrong with him unnie? To think that I actually urged you to erm you know..

[PM] MaoMao: Well, I know now, and that’s enough Hara-yah…

[PM] Haragool: But unnie,

[PM] MaoMao: I’m fine. He didn’t promise anything to me at all, besides apart from feeling a little down by his actions, I’m fine. It’s not like I like him anyway, you know it.

[PM] Haragool: Are you sure? D:

 

Jessica wanted to reply her friend, only to be stopped by her next message.

 

[PM] Haragool: Wait, unnie. Check the world channel now!!! NOW!!

[PM] MaoMao: Okay…

 

Clicking the channel labelled ‘World’ hesitantly, the discussion was no doubt about the engagement news. Reading swiftly to catch the pace of the messages being sent, Jessica started to get annoyed at the mentions of herself.

 

[World] Nanna: OMG, TYLERK! I’m jealous… :3 Can I marry him instead?

[World] Padong: Well my friend, I have to say that there’s no point in you dreaming anymore, he’s taken now..

[World] Katerpil: But I thought he was with MaoMao? How did these two even get together when everyone thought he was gonna get married with our MaoMao?

[World] Markeu: IKR, I was waiting for that wedding to happen..

[World] Eyyyy_no: My poor goddess! TT_TT That TylerK must not be in his right mind to abandon our MaoMao…

[World] Eyyyy_no: Its okay my goddess, you are welcome to my embrace to cry!

[World] 1080Maddd: Who is that GD_Minah to be able to snatch T.K away from MaoMao? TT_TT

[World] Xieny: Me curious too!!

 

For the first time, Jessica felt that she had underestimated people’s curiosity for scandals as she stared at her name amongst the comments and felt herself about to faint any moment soon.

 

[PM] Haragool: Unnie, please don’t faint!

[PM] MaoMao: I’m fine… Thanks Hara-yah..

 

Well, as expected of Hara who knew her well, but what she could not stand was the fact that people had dragged her into the issue when it was obvious that TylerK had no more business with her after his engagement with GD_Minah. Besides, it had been a while since she had seen the male player himself, ever since that fateful day when she rejected his proposal in the game.

 

Looking back at the comment box, Jessica could almost imagine Hara going, ‘Oh-uh’ if she were to be next to her at the new comment which silenced almost everyone.

 

 

 


 

 

Author's Note: 6TH COOKIE AS A TREAT FOR ALL OF YOU~