9th Cookie

A Bagful of Cookies

“Hey, hey! I heard there’s a new Fashion student!” “NO! I heard that she is an Arts student!” The second voice argued, “Trust me! I’m in Arts too! And the two continued their overheated discussion about the new student.

 

Luhan’s eyebrows furrowed slightly, as similar conversations of the same topic trailed into his ears. The other eleven boys walking alongside him perked their ears up, a contrast to the former’s reactions, wanting to know the latest campus gossip that spared them of everyone’s attentions. The group had arrived in school that day with the usual ‘fangirls’ screaming and following after them, only to disappear from the boys’ sight by the time they had came out from their first class. It was surprising, needless to say, though they were more relieved and silently grateful for the ‘new student’ that everyone had been talking about, for he or she had already taken over the spotlight of attention in the campus.

 

Walking into the same-old cafeteria, the boys tread their way towards the eight girls, who were by their usual table, straight away. They had received glares, as usual, from the girls, but curiosity had prevented them from keeping away. Taking a seat by Taeyeon, Baekhyun started, “Hi! Have you guys heard of the ‘new student’ everyone is talking about? Do you know who she is? Have you seen her? So is she in Fashion or Arts or in both like the few of us are? Is she-”

 

“Stop it Baek.” D.O clamped his hand over his best friend’s mouth to stop him from blabbering on, “How do you want them to answer all your questions if you don’t give them time to answer? Sorry girls.” The group of boys smiled apologetically at the girls before sending a warning look to the now droopy Baekhyun. Taeyeon shared a glance with the seven other girls, only to sigh and invited the ten standing boys to take their seat.

 

Sehun, Kai and Tao, being the typical maknaes, cheered on, running to the other side of their usual table and pushed it together with the girls’ table. The boys sat down by their seats, and no one tried to start a conversation. It was rare actually, for the two groups to actually sit down together without them glaring or intimidated by each other and everyone else would have been shocked at the scene. Too bad they were all too preoccupied with the ‘new student’ to even notice.

 

“So…” Kris started off awkwardly, “Have you guys heard about the new of the new student?” Seohyun nodded, her lips pouting slightly, “Of course we have. Like you’d said before, everyone had been talking about it.”

 

Tiffany started nodding as well, “But we don’t know who he or she is, we’re all curious as well.” It was the truth, and the reason as to why everyone was so excited over the whole issue was obvious as well. For Hallyu University to admit a new student in the middle of the school term was unusual, in fact it was rare for the higher authorities to do so, so the new student would either be a big shot, or simply just a person with many connections.

 

Silence found its way between the two groups once again, with one or two of them fidgeting around restlessly. The fidgeting seemed to had gotten onto someone’s nerve before a shout finally silenced the noisy hall. “Stop moving around! It’s annoying!”

 

Stares shifted onto the two groups, jaws dropped in surprise and eyes were wide. It was clear that everyone had noticed the two conflicting groups sitting together in peace. They were too quick to say however, as Hyoyeon and Sooyoung pounced onto Chen and Chanyeol, the ones who were fidgeting around so badly. Seohyun, Yoona, Suho and Lay immediately held the two girls back, forming a human shield in between the two boys and girls.

 

“Let go of me!” Sooyoung resisted, pouting against her friend. Seohyun, unfortunately, sent a warning glare at her resisting best friend. The two girls shushed straight away, looking down to avoid eye contact with the former. Their maknae was nice and all, but no one in their right mind would want to mess with an angry Seohyun. Xiumin and Chanyeol, who had been keeping quiet, looked shocked at the scene they had just witnessed. After all, it was not usual for the older members to be afraid at a glare from a maknae.

 

“Everyone’s watching unnie.” Seohyun pursed her lips, the side of her pupils reflecting the whole cafeteria, which was in a state of quietude, literally all eyes on the two group. Taeyeon, being the leader, exchanged glances with Suho and Kris and opened to speak, only to be cut off by the opening of the cafeteria doors.

 

“Miss Jung, this is our most popular cafeteria.” Chancellor Lee’s voice broke the unspoken tension in the cafeteria. Chancellor Lee was the highest authority in the university, and many were surprise to even see him walking around the campus, not to mention showing someone around. Lee stepped aside, revealing the same petite girl who had caused a commotion when she had arrived on campus a few days ago. Only this time, the girl was wearing a simple white blouse with lace around the collar, a simple pair of dark-blue jeans with customised sequins decorating the bottom, a pair of black lace-up wedge heels and a matching black backpack decorated with white polka-dots to complete the look. Having worn her hair into a side french braid, the turquoise cloth headband wrapped around the crown of her head had stylishly accentuated her delicate features. The girl smiled politely, “Thank you Chancellor Lee, I think that is enough for today.”

 

“Are you sure, Miss Jung?” Lee asked concernedly, alarming the other students at his tone. The girl nodded once again, her polite smile never fading. Lee stared at the girl for a few seconds, before nodding his head, “Feel free to come to me if you have any concerns then, Ms Jung and do remember the agreement.”

 

“I will.” The girl spoke again, bowing slightly towards the leaving chancellor, before walking towards the big table occupied by the two groups. “Hello everyone.”

 

“Jessi, is the new student really you?” Yuri asked, nudging the newly arrived girl. Jessica took a seat, giving the former a pointed look, “You already know the answer Yul.” She looked to her side, and froze for a moment at the familiar guy beside, “Hi, Luhan right?”

 

“Wait, Jessi, you know him?” Tiffany was loud as usual, as the other guys stared in anticipation of their best friend’s reaction, which of course, did not disappoint them. Luhan, unlike his usual ignorance to girls, looked towards the girl, “Hi Jessica.”


“Jessica right? So are you in Fashion or in Arts?” Baekhyun could not keep his curiosity in anymore.

 


 

Author's Note: Yoyo, 9th cookie for yall~~ xDxDxDxD I hope you all find the story okay so far, so do comment if there's any questions and all okay? ^-^

 

Thank you all readers, subscribers and upvoters xDxD Love ya all!! ^-^ Until next week then~