6th Cookie

A Bagful of Cookies

Just as the girls continued to chat within their guild chat, the world was exploding.

 

[System] Top female player, MaoMao had joined Guild SNSD.

[World] Madvusl: WHATTTTT?!

[World] PundaSama: Holy, I’d just checked the guild info, its a closed one.

[World] Jugers: This is the most shocking news ever...

 

Just as people went crazy about an random and unknown guild’s addition of the famous player MaoMao, another bomb was thrown to the heated discussion.

 

[World] Jonginnie: Interesting...

[World] Owwman: OMG, MY IDOL! SCREENSHOT PLS!!

[World] Dexee: Holy, an EXO member commenting!! @_@

 

Comments continued to flood the world’s chat page, whilst eleven boys chuckled teasingly at their best friend who started another hype in the game.

 

“Idol? You’re my idol, Jonginnie!!” Chanyeol and Chen acted out, pouncing on Kai who was seated opposite them with his laptop on his lap. The others chortled in laughter, even the usual cold Luhan was smiling at his friends antics.

 

“But you have to admit that the news is interesting! I wasn’t wrong!” Kai shouted, amidst the two boys who were still fooling around with him. The others hummed in agreement, a few of them nodding their heads as well, as the group placed their attention back into the game. The large house quietened down, with only the typing of keyboard and clicking of their mouses.

 

“Lu!” Kris suddenly turned to Luhan, his call breaking the silence of the group, “When will the new clothes be released? I need somewhere to spend my coins…”

 

Luhan only sent a glance to his friend, before his mouth swiftly opened, “The next patch probably, that is what hyung told me. Just spend your coins and credit on the others available clothings and weapons first.”

 

The others absorbed the words excitedly, their hands moving faster than before as they unleashed their assorted skills, eliminating all monsters around them. The boys’ conversation started once again, when Tao asked, “Do you think the clothes and costumes would be nice?”

 

“I heard there would be a collection of limited edition costumes, with one set available to each of the classes, together with all the normal ones.” Lay replied, his eyes stuck on his laptop screen. Sehun hummed in agreement, “Yeah, I went to search for J.Jess on the web earlier today, and the designs seemed not bad. I can’t wait to see the game’s designs!”

 

"Me too! I-" Just as Baekhyun was about to continue the conversation, a loud and annoying ringtone rung, cutting all conversation. The boys exchanged glances with each other, wanting to find the owner of the frustrating ringtone. After seconds of blank exchanges, a hand slowly crept towards the ringing phone.

 

"Hello? Hyung? Oh, sure. It's okay. Yes, I'll do it. Of course, bye hyung." Luhan's clear voice resonated in the room, as the other boys turned to stare at him.

 

"What?" The boys shook their heads at their friend's question, only to hear more from him, "I'm not going for class tomorrow. Hyung just called to ask me to help him with some errands."

 

Almost immediately after Luhan finished his sentence, groans trailed out of the younger boys whilst the older ones were more concerned with their friend's attendance.

 

"It's fine, trust me. It's not like Mr Lee or Mdm Jung would reprimand me for it. Just help me pass this slip to them," saying so, Luhan passed a slip of paper to Xiumin who was in the same year as him, before the boy continued to reassure his best friends that it would be okay for him to do so.

 

"Fine." Suho, though younger than Luhan, had always acted like the 'mother' of the group and had finally been convinced by the latter about his attendance.

 

"What 'fine'?" D.O complained by the side, pouting with his wide eyes large as usual, "I want to skip class as well!"

 

"Us too!" Sehun, Tao and Kai chimed after D.O, the four being the youngest of the group had meant that they were still playful and immature at times.

 

"No skipping of classes! Year 1 is especially important to build your foundation." Kris glared at the four, who shushed at once. Tao, having decided to challenge the leaders' authority once more, stammered, "Bu-but, do-don't we have you hyungs?"

 

Hearing so, Suho and Kris shared a glance before they turned to the four, wanting to reject their idea once more, only to be cut by Luhan.

 

"I'll take care of them." And the case was closed, with the older boys nodding in defeat to their second oldest and the younger boys cheering in happiness.

 

௹௹௹

 

"Is there anything else?" Luhan was seated in front of a gaming computer, in a bright room filled with posters of different games and folders of different archives.

 

"One more. There's been a glitch in 4-18, and we couldn't find time to fix it. I was thinking if you could help fix it, but there's a girl using that computer right now though. I'm sorry to trouble you, you must have skipped your classes to do this." A tall and built man stood right beside Luhan.

 

"Its alright, Marcus." Luhan paused to grin at the man, "To speak strictly and to make you less sorry, I do share a part in this café too. Besides, its okay to miss class once in a while."

 

"Yeah, look at those four outside." Marcus returned the grin, his wide smile and now-relaxed shoulders indicating he was now less burdened by Luhan's help.

 

It was the truth anyway, for the gaming café they were in currently was started by the Xi brothers and Marcus. The café had gained popularity amongst the local gamers and had now emerged as one of the top and biggest gaming cafés in Seoul. There were a lot of reason as to why the café had defeated the other counterparts, but the three had placed the reason on luck, which was definitely not.

 

Luhan bid farewell to his hyung-like friend before heading to 4-18, a computer stationed in a corner of the large café which had occupied the entire floor.

 

A girl, with a snapback covering her features, had her fingers moving gracefully controlling her fragile-looking yet indestructible character. Admiring silently in his mind, he approached the girl.

 

"Excuse me." He said, and the girl looked up, revealing her lovely and familiar features under the bright and soothing light the café was donned in.

 

"You?" "You're one of those boys from yesterday,  aren't you supposed to have class right now?" The girl's voice questioned, only to continue once again, "Are you a staff here? I think there's some glitches with this computer, not that it affected me that is."

 

"Jessica right? Well, sort of, but I'm here to fix the glitch. So would you excuse me?" Luhan felt his heart beat faster than usual. The girl, or Jessica only smiled in response as she moved, the chair she was seated on gliding behind to make space for the boy to do what he was supposed to do.

 

A comfortable silence surrounded the two as Jessica stared at Luhan, and Luhan doing his work to fix the computer's glitch. Minutes passed before Luhan finally broke the silence, "It's done. Thank you."

 

"No, thank you." Jessica nodded curtly at the boy as she continued her game. As Luhan walked away, Jessica's character name caught his eye.

 

"Are you done with your work, hyung?" Sehun's voice grabbed his attention, only to see Luhan's head nodding and turning back towards a corner of the floor.

 

1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds ... 60 seconds. He stared at the girl once again for a total of 60 seconds, one minute.

 

"Hyung, let's go!" Kai shouted in his ear and Luhan felt himself being pulled out of the gaming café.

 

All it took was one minute. One minute for her to catch his stare - for she seemed, no, he knew she was different from others of her kind. One minute for her to leave something behind, left to grow in the small, cold heart of his - for he felt something warm planted deep down in his heart.

 


 

Author's Note: HELLO~~ I DID NOT FORGET TO UPDATE YESTERDAY, it was just that I had something to do last minut and by the time I'd reached home, it was too late to update TT_TT

 

Sooooo... here's the extract from the prologue, which I edited a little (and I will for the prologue as well) to fit the story better. xD I do hope this chapter is a little more interesting xD And its slightly longer as to the previous ones too! So I hope you al had enjoyed this chapter!

 

I have one bad news for you all though. Since I have exams next week after school starts immediately, I won't be able to update for the next two weekends as I have to study and the exams last for about two weeks. >_< BUT I PROMISE TO MAKE UP TO YOU ALL AFTER THE EXAMS ARE OVER! TRUST ME!!

 

As always, THANK YOU ALL SUBSCRIBERS, REAADERS AND UPVOTERS, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! <333 I shall see you all after two weekends then xD