52.

The Dragon and The Lion

Your hands started trembling as you took one step closer to the office you were supposed to meet Kris father. Chanyeol was oblivious to your nerviosism as he walked in front of you, looking around the fancy building.

The secretary opened the door and announced you to his boss.

"let them in" you heard the familiar deep voice.

the young man in a suit stepped aside for you to enter the same office Leo had been before.

"thanks for making time for us, Mr. Wu" your young superior said as he nodded.

The man that was an older version of Kris stood behind his desk. It was clear on his face that he was not expecting to see you since that night at the gala; but despite everything, he reached out to greet both of you equally. Still, you couldn't brush the bad feelling off.

"My name is Park Chanyeol..."

"I know who you are. You used to be friends with my son, Kris, right?"

"Yes"

your eyes grew bigger at the revelation.

"it's a shame you refused to work for us" Mr wu shook his head no "you could take over your father when he retires from the board of directors"

"Thank you, sir. but we agreed bussiness management is not my thing. I'm more on the art side"

"I see. Well, let's get to bussiness then"

you placed the ipad on the desk and started to show the graphics. Your eyes met the man's for a second but you averted them; there was a hidden tension that maybe chanyeol was unaware of.

"this the percentage of sponsorship, we wish you'd be contribuiting with. as you, see you would be our major sponsor" you explained and changed the graphic "so this are the benefits we are offering. such as early glimpse at the works that be at the auction..."

'she is doing better job than I thought' the tall young man sitting next to you said to himself.

Mr. wu let you explain everything with detail and nodding from time to time. You both thought it was going well until you finished and he sat straight.

"Where should I sign?" he flashed a bussiness smile.

"Here and here" chanyeol pointed on the documents.

"Just on one condition. I want her out of the project"

You gaped not even doubting that it was because of kris "that has nothing to do with my job" you glared at him the least possible.

"Am I missing something here?" Chanyeol asked, looking back and forth.

"Nothing much, she is just an unwanted lady to my family. Therefore it would be hard for us to work with her"

"I thought you had already moved on from that, sir. Your son and I are just friends" you gulped down.

Chanyeol's eyebrows sky rocketed at the statement.

"Yes, and because of that i wanted to make you an offer. How about you and your little brother go study abroad, all expenses covered by us. Think of this as a gift of gratitude for your late father's service"

"don't you dare mention my father" you said through clenched teeth.

"Dont get so worked up" the expression on his face was telling he got wanted.

Chanyeol, who couldnt stand the tension anymore, raised his hand.

"Sorry to interrupt, Mr. Wu. But if thats all you want then you'll have to discuss it with my upper highs"

"Actually, there is nothing to discuss here" you said to chanyeol in a calmer demain "because I'm not working with him. I am working for you so lets not mix personal stuff with bussiness"

The old man was overwelmed by your answer but just as he was about to say something, his assistant entered the room in a hurry and whispered something to him covering her lips.

"What?!" he shouted, the veins in his temples popped up

You and chanyeol looked at him scared.

"Get kris on the phone now" he ordered before facing your boss again "lets disscuss this later, leave the documents there and i'll have my assistant send it to you"

"Of course. Thank you, sir" chanyeol stood up and bowed polietly as he bottoned up his jacket.

You just nodded at the man, who just glared at you.

It was pretty obvious that it was because of whatever kris had done.

...

"That sounded urgent" chanyeol said as soon as he closed his car's door behind him.

Just as Chanyeol finished saying that, your phone buzzed on your purse. It was a call from Hakyeon.

"Hello?"

"Have you seen the news?!" he shouted alarmed on the other side of the line.

"No. Why?"

"Charlotte cheated on Kris"

You gasped "What are you talking about?" the overwhelmed tone of your voice made Chanyeol to look at you.

"It's all over the internet, hurry up before they take the video down"

Hakyeon ended the call

You did as he said an immediately took over to twitter and saw #Karlotte was a trending topic.

The hash tag was full of comments like:

'I knew this would happen'

'Just when we were recovering from brangelina..."

'He is too good for her'

'Charlotte has a good eye for men"

"So this is what they were losing their heads for" Chanyeol was stealing a glimpse at your phone.

You immediately hide the phone and suppressed the need to call Kris and ask him how he was.

"Anyway, who would have thought you were friends with Kris too," you said

"It's a small world, indeed. I'm surprised though. That you were able to remain a friend of his, even though his father didn't allowed him to befriend anyone from a lower level, no offense intended" he drew a parenthesis on the air.

"Is that why you stopped being friends"

"we were never friends to begin with, just classmates in elementary school and we would meet occasionally because of our parents. And for your information, I am almost on the same level as him; but as I said before: I am more on the artsy side and he is more on the business side"

"yeah"

"He must've had fought his father real hard to remain by your side"

You didnt say anything but felt a stung of remorse on your heart.

.............

Leo was working on his laptop, listening to some R&B music while Hakyeon was laying on the sofa scrolling down on his phone.

"This is getting out of control, man"

"you are still at it?" leo rolled his eyes "they'll probably cover it up soon, if you are not gonna help me, then leave"

"you don't think this was planed all along right?" hakyeon sat straight ignoring Leo "he looked in a hurry at the mall, that blondie. what if he drags misty into this " the boy added in a worried tone.

"she'll be fine" Leo replied with a neutral voice.

However he had already sent you several message to know how you were doing.

"how do you know?"

"because she can take care fo herself and all that doesn't have anything to do with her"

"But it does...if that guy gets divorced then he'll be all single and ready to mingle, if you know what I mean"

"he can mingle all he want but not with my girlfriend"

hakyeon gasped "So are you guys oficially going out now? How come I didn't know that?"

Just then, Leo realized something, he hadn't have the time to properly ask you out and he began to fear that what hakyeon just said might come true.

He stopped what he was doing and turned around to face his friend.

"I need your help with something..."

........

Kris was driving at full speed until he got in your driveway. Your brother was going out from the house, soccer ball and bag in his hands, when he spotted the familiar nice car.

"Long time no see, bro" he greeted kris.

"Hey, uhmm, how you doing?"

"Better than you, i think"

Kris couldnt help but snort at the smart teen's reply

"So everyone has found out already?"

"It was like wildfire on the internet. That's why you should have eloped with my sister since the beginning, could have sVed you a lot of drama"

"WoAh there! Those are some big words for a kid" the dragon patted him on the shoulder"is your sister home?"

"Yeah but she is with a guy, not Leo. A different one, she is getting too popular " the boy smirked trying to make kris jealous "well, see you"

Your friend's eyebrow raised before he entered the house.

Chanyeol was standing on the doorway, ready to leave when kris knocked on the door.

"excuse me " you walked past chanyeol and opened the door, only to find a serious kris.

His eyes didnt hide the surprise he felt when they saw chanyeol.

"what a small world" the young man with the fluffy brown hair said.

"what are you doing here?"

"nothing much i just gave her a ride home after work; she is my assistant in a new project...but i think it's me who should be asking why are you here in this moment"

"I need to discuss something with her" kris stepped inside and closed the door behind him "shouldn't you be hiding or something? My family must be right after you right now"

You looked at the two of the with a confused face.

"Don't worry, the video was uploaded by overseas servers and All that, it wont be easy to find me. And if they do, you are going down too" it sounded like he was joking but it was clear that he wasn't. "So if you excuse me, i am leaving. See you tomorrow at the office"

"What?"

"He helped me with the scandal thing" kris explained as he made his way to the kitchen "they must be losing their minds now that im not taking their calls" a smug grin was on his face.

"What about charlotte?" You followed him.

"I don't know, i hope she is getting what she deserves" he filled a glass with water "incase you hadn't realized i am the one she cheated on and she even tried to blackmail me with a baby that is not even mine"

"How do you know it's not yours?" You asked

The dragon rolled his eyes "well, of course , because i never slept with her" he drank the water to conceal the embarrassment.

"Oh" was that you could say, feeling a little awkward.

He scratched his neck and sat by the table.

"It's luhan's baby" he said in a tired tone "She took desperate measures to make me stay with her even if i barely talk to her or if we sleep in different rooms. all of that just to please her parents" he made a long pause looking down "in a sense she reminds me of myself, the difference is that i gave her an option and she chose to keep lying"

"What do you think it's going to happen from now on?" you asked.

"If everything goes right, we'll be divorced and i'll get to keep half of her shares"

"And if doesn't?"

"Then everything will remain the same and my family will go through a very difficult time and I won't be free"