14

The Dragon and The Lion

The morning arrived and Leo woke up without knowing when he fell asleep last night, he yawned and rubbed his eyes before stretching like a cat. He turned off the alarm of his phone; it remembered him that he spent the most part of the night waiting for a reply that never came.

- who does she think she is? What was I even thinking? – he murmured and rolled off his bed.

He got ready and walked towards school, as usual, he met Hakyeon half way but this time he glared at him instead of his usual neutral face. The elder didn’t think twice before guessing the reason behind that look and mentally prepared for a good beating.

His body flinched when Leo walked by him but completely ignored him.

- I’m not angry – Leo said from a few steps ahead and relief invaded Hakyeon’s body.

- really? – he happily asked – I- I was just trying to help…you know… you seem interested in that girl.

- I do? Well, take it – he handed out his phone to his friend – you look at our conversations and you can talk to her if you want…

Maybe it was because he was to nervous before that he didn’t notice Leo’s disappointed face. He rejected the offer and looked at him.

- Don’t be mad Leo… I was trying to help you, okay? I thought that maybe you hadn’t notice and maybe you never would…

Leo felt bad at his friend pleading, mostly because he knew that most of his anger and was because you didn’t reply last night even though you didn’t see the message apparently but he jumped to the conclusion that you ignored him because you replied Hakyeon’s comment before.

He stopped in his tracks and turned around to his face.

- And you did – he sighed and his shoulders relaxed, same as his eyes – you are right, Hakyeon. I really am interested in her.

Hakyeon smiled greatly and almost jumped out happiness

- Then you should meet

- No

 

 

You were walking from side to side of your room with your phone in you hands.

- Oh f… - you covered your mouth to stop you from swear – not only I did post on my school account, he even replied and I replied back – you pulled the end of your hair – what do I do know? I ignored him by accident…what if he got angry – you exhaled loudly – I think I should I apologize.

You: No, no, no. I’m sorry I couldn’t reply >.<. I wasn’t mad at your joke. Things went a little a little hectic yesterday and I fell asleep after I replied your comment. Oh about that! I love that song, even though it’s really corny.

- Is it too much? – you asked yourself looking at the longest message you had written to him so far – anyway, it’s how I feel… - you pressed the sending button.

You headed downstairs and only served cereal for breakfast before writing a note to your brother telling him that you had to leave early. It was a lie but you really need to get yourself to do things, like going to the library, so your mind wouldn’t wander to Kris.

The road to school was quiet for everyone but not for you whose earbuds were blasting to your favorite song making you unable to pay proper attention to your surroundings. Not even when you walked by Leo and Hakyeon who were too busy arguing if he should reply or not to the message you sent minutes ago.

- As I said! You should reply right away, girls like that! – Hakyeon explained.

- It’s about pride! She ignores me, I ignore her – Leo stated.

- You say that but you have your phone ready to answer – the brown-haired and slightly shorter guy chuckled making his friend blush – well, I leave you to think about what to say, I have to go to the library, even though I will make it late to class.

- I can go if you want, I need to get this book back or they’ll charge me – he explained and Hakyeon asked him for a book about psychology. Leo wrote down the name.

He arrived at the library and walked to the heavy wood doors only to find you asking the girl behind the desk about “Theory of color”.

“Why do I keep finding her? So annoying” he thought while taking out the book you just mentioned, for a moment you thought he was going to handle it to you so you raised your hands but he moved it towards the girl behind the counter, a playful smile briefly appeared on his face.

- Do you have this? – he handed the note with the name of the book Hakyeon asked him.

- Yes is in the health section, 9th shelf – she explained and he nodded before going to find it.

You asked for the book and decided to keep reading it on the library; after all, you still had plenty of time before your first class. Just your luck, the only table available was behind the one that had Leo’s (whose peculiar face you were starting to get familiar with) things on it, while he was looking through the shelfs for some book.

Yeah, he seemed intimidating and all but if he wasn’t a guy he wouldn’t be at the library asking for a book about Theory of Color, which was pretty boring for guys specially.

His back was facing you as he leaned on his shoulder on the heavy bookshelf and you wondered what kind of book he was reading so intensely. Little did you know he was staring at his phone, trying to come up with a good answer that wouldn’t make him lost his pride but still wouldn’t make you wait.

“She apologized, after all” he silently said and started to type.

User9011: ok, I get it. But I hope everything is alright.

You phone vibrated on you backpack and it slipped from your hands just to hit the floor with a loud thud, you earned a few stares from people, including Leo who only looked from his shoulder briefly and got back to what he was doing.

You: Well, it kind of is right now. Let’s say is something I can’t help but just accept it.

User9011: Sounds complicated

You: it is :/

Leo hesitated before typing.

User9011: then why don’t just break up? Do you love him that much?

You: He is not my boyfriend and most likely never will.

Leo let out a breath he unconsciously held and somehow felt his shoulders relaxing.

You: sorry, I don;’t want to trouble you

He immediately replied.

User9011: You don’t, actually it’s great. But don’t be so naïve going around telling men about your love problems, they might see an opening and take advantage of it.

You were flustered and didn’t know what to think about it nor what to reply so you only got to type “Thank you” and press send before the doors opened and a anxious Kris stomped inside with his gaze kept towards you.

- We need to talk - he said in a aggressive tone – please.

You blood boiled at his selfish attitude and you refused, it was then that he tried to grab your wrist forcefully. You winced at the sudden move.

Next thing you knew Leo was on his arm, pulling it away from you, breaking the contact on your wrist.

- Sorry, but this is no place for this.

If looks could kill, you wouldn’t be able to tell which one of them, Kris or Leo, would be dead by now.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yay! I made it! Double update, even though it's early in the morning here (4 AM). 

Hope you liked it and dont forget to comment and vote

Thank you, you