41.

The Dragon and The Lion
 

You took your phone and dialed Kris' number; you had it memorized since he was too lazy to change it since high school. And because he was your crush and you've got a pretty good memory.

He paying for your school sounded like an aid from heavens but there was a hidden reason behind it. Since the fees were already paid you wouldn't need the scholarship for the next semester and so you won't have a reason to keep meeting Leo.

After a couple of unsuccessful tries you decided to send him a message just saying that you needed to talk to him asap.

He usually replied instantly but that time was different you waited a minute staring at your phone before continuing with your studies.

It was midnight when you went to sleep and still no reply was heard.

The next school day, you woke up earlier than usual to properly apply makeup, do you hair carefully and dress in your best casual outfit. Ready to make a comeback.

You walked to school but didn't bump into Leo or Hakyeon in your way and Kris car was nowhere to be seen on the parking lot.

The atmosphere suddenly got heavier when you entered your classroom you tried not to pay attention but it was impossible to not hear some people whispering about how pitiful you were and how you could be Kris' mistress. You chose to ignore them.

Thank goodness the class went by pretty quickly and you headed to the student services Office as soon as you were dismissed.

"Hi" you greeted the girl on the front desk and didn't wait for her to reply "I got a payment confirmation but I think someone made a mistake because I haven't paid that amount, so has anyone come make a claim about it or something?"

She stared at you with wide eyes "ok, do you have your registration number?"

"Yes" you gave it your school id.

She confirmed something on the system and looked back at you "no one has made a complaint about it until now but just in case I'll let you know, okay?"

"Is there a way to know who made the transactions?"

"It was a cash deposit made in a bank, so we don't know" she explained

But that was more than enough to confirm your suspects; no one except Kris would have enough cash to do something like that.

Once you stepped out of the office you called him again, the phone rang three times before but the call was answered a second before going to the voice mail.

"What do you want with my husband" the familiar voice answered. The last word felt like salt on a fresh wound.
Charlotte had answered Kris' phone but he was nowhere to be seen around her in the luxurious office.

" that's none of your business" you failed to hide the edge on your voice "I need to talk to him, put him on the phone"

She smirked "well, he is taking a shower right now. I'll tell him you called"

You sighed, tired of her childish attempts to get in your nerves. But it was even more frustrating that she was accomplishing it.

"Listen, you are married to him now. Isn't that what you wanted? You can live happily ever after now. I don't care" you shrugged like she could see you "But I have other things to worry about than stealing someone else's husband"

Charlotte's face twisted in anger "It's a good thing you recognize he is MY husband now"

"Yes, you signed a paper right?" you talked back, this time she could taste the bile rising up because she knew their marriage was almost like a contract to Kris "anyway, just tell him to stop meddling with my life, maybe he'll listen to you"

You ended the call and she stood there in a state of shock, her green eyes were bloodshot red and her knuckles turning white as she squished Kris' phone.

She groaned and whined and the white expensive phone crashed against the wall before landing on the floor with the screen completely shattered.

Kris walked out the dispatch with two old looking men; they were wearing a black suit just like him, next to him was James his butler and now personal assistant. With one last formal greeting they dismissed themselves and Kris finally noticed charlotte seating on the lounge.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Can't you remember I'm in the board of this enterprise?"

Kris rolled his eyes, and started to walk away from her but stopped when he noticed his broken phone on the floor. His eyes narrowed as he slowly walked to her.

"Why is my phone like that?" He grabbed it and furrowed.

"The maid dropped it accidentally" she sat on the sofa and crossed her legs but he knew her game very well.

"She called didn't she?"

"i don't know" Charlotte tried to brush him away but it took him only a step to be in front of her.

His eyes were darker and it wasn't only because he hadn't sleep well since the wedding, in a split second his hand landed next to her head and Charlotte found herself pinned down on her place. Kris face was a few centimeters away from her, in another circumstances she would have found it romantic but in that moment she was afraid.

"I told you to stay away from her" his voice was soft like velvet but his eyes were sharp as a blade "the more you mess with her the more I want to be with her. You should know already that I even accepted to be with you in order to protect her"

Charlotte gulped "is she that great?" Her lips quivered "even if she is not with you she has Leo and why do I get? Nothing"

"That's what happens when you become an annoying " Kris said smiling but deep, deep inside he felt a bit sorry for her.

He didn't expect charlottes' fast reflex as her hand slapped against his cheek sending a wave of pain throughout his body. She somehow managed to push him away and stand at a safe distance from him. Kris wondered how the beautiful and innocent girl she met at that party turned out like that but he knew the answer for the same happened to him. It was because of their parents.

"Just remember this, wu yi fan: you hurt me and I'll hurt her twice as much"

The black haired man didn't have a chance to talk back, she stormed out of the room, with bloodshot red eyes and clenched teeth.

After that, he went back to his office and called you, he had memorized your phone even though you changed it a few times.

"Hello?" You asked in polite tone since you didn't recognize the number. He kept quiet thinking about what to say.

It had been only two weeks without hearing your voice but it felt like a year to him. For him it was like he found water in the middle of a desert after wandering for very long time.

"Who is this?" You asked

"it's me"

"Kris?" You wanted to slap yourself for only saying that but you were in a mental breakdown. The exhausted tone in your voice made his heart flinch.

"Uhmm...how you been?" And now he wanted to slap himself but the bruise from charlotte's hit was still a little bit red "I mean..."

"I've been worse" you cut him off.

"I'm sorry"

"Stop it" you closed your eyes and took a deep breath "I just wanted to know why you paid my school fees? You know it would take me years to pay it back"

"I knew you would find out soon" he snickered "but there is no hidden reason behind it, take it as my apology for everything up till now" there was honesty in his voice "uhm... And about whatever charlotte might have said to you it's not true"

"I don't care" you half lied "I want you to take back the payment or something

" I can't do that, but you can pay me back anytime if you want" he teased "look at the bright side, you won't have to worry about keeping that scholarship and you won't have to meet strange people on the internet"

"so this about Leo isn't it? I knew it" you asked exasperated" Kris, you don't have any damn right over me since the day you showed up in that church. I can date whoever I want and you have no say in it" you made emphasis in the last sentence "I'll pay back every cent to you"

You didn't wait for an answer and dramatically pressed the end call button. After walking a few minutes you found yourself sitting on the bench surrounded by white roses where Leo had seen you many times before.

A variety of ideas crossed your ideas about how to get the money to pay Kris but most of them involved dropping off school, years if working or being left with a missing organ.

Leo walked out of his classroom with Hakyeon next to him. The latter suddenly stopped and tapped his friend arm.

"Isn't that 'mysterious girl?" She looks depressed, maybe we should go to her. Maybe YOU should go to her"

Leo rolled his eyes but didn't protest against his friend.

"Why so sad?" his voice startled you.

"Is it that obvious?" you looked up at him, whom nodded and sat next to you.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it"

You had to let it go, maybe that way it'd less stressful.

"let's say you have a big debt and suddenly someone pays it for you? But you didn't ask for it and then you have to pay it sooner than expected"

Leo mentally rolled his eyes because it was very easy to read between lines "well...why don't you try to find a part time job? How much do you owe? I can lend you some cash"

You played with your finger nervously and looked away "the school's tuition until I graduate"

Leo was dumbfounded for a second, he imagined Kris involved but not to that extend, he quietly clenched his fist on his side but you missed it.

"That's a lot isn't it?" You said but he was already making a plan in his head.

"Don't worry, I'll help you find a job that fits our schedule"

"Thank you"

....:..:......:.....:..........:.....

Kris walked out of the building to the parking, loosening up his neck tie, when he saw a familiar face in a car, he wasn't that surprised until he moved closer and could spot a very, highly familiar face. He blinked a few times to confirm it was them under the dim lights before hiding between the cars.

Charlotte was crying her eyes out as she said something to Luhan that was looking at her with a true concerned expression; he couldn't hear their conversation because they were inside a car. Next move, his hand was caressing her face just like Kris' never would. He knew his best friend's feeling towards her since a long time ago but he never believed Luhan would ever dare to make a move on her.

The pretty boy leaned on her and she didn't resist or fight back when Luhan tried to kiss her.

And for the first time in a long time he thought life might be smiling at him. He took his phone out of his pocket with a victorious grin on his face and took a few pictures of them together and carefully walked back into the building without being noticed.

"Jacque mate" he said to no one, the corners of his lips lifted.

As much as he wanted to go home he didn't want to interrupt his friend seducing his wife so maybe he could take a well needed walk while they were are it. He was about to step out of the building, his building when he noticed another familiar face walking in from another door. The young man walking to the front desk wasn't wearing his usual clothes or his dark hair covering his forehead, he looked more matured and self confident than ever in his dark blue shirt and black dress pants and blazer.

Leo turned around and his eyes met Kris. If looks could kill....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

A lot of things happened in this chapter right?!

NEWS!! I'M GOING TO VIXX CONCERT IN MEXICO AND MY SISTER GOT ME PHOTO/HI-TOUCH TICKETS! OMGOMGOMGOMG!!

 I've been wanting to tell you since like a month ago because I don;t have any starlight friends to fangirl with (except my sister) SO LETS FANGIRL!

oh and I found this on twitter the other day, it might not be related to the fanfic but I liked it :) (I removed the usernames because I don't knw them but if you are reading this! THANK YOU)

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773