13

The Dragon and The Lion

In that moment the door to his room opened and a pair of green eyes met his.

- I got tired of waiting… - a lovely voice exclaimed and he froze.

- charlotte… - he muttered.

Involuntarily, your phone fell from your hand.

- what? – she tilted her head – did you see a ghost?

- what are you doing here? – he asked even though he knew the answer. His hand dropped to his side, still holding his phone.

Meanwhile, you were paralyzed for a second before picking up your phone that luckily didn’t break. The casll was still going on and without thinking you decided to keep listening what they were saying.

- Isn’t obvious? I’m your future wife – she enthusiastically answered, her eyes were eager to find a positive reaction but it was useless – to think that we already met before… I was surprised when they showed me the pictures of my fiancée.

His heart leaped at the words. It was the first time that he thought he wouldn’t be able to put on the fake charade he always wore, but he gathered all his strength together and smiled.

- But aren’t you against this too? I mean, you are beautiful – he said to her and now your heart leaped on the end of the line – You must have a boyfriend…

- No, I am not and I don’t – she replied cutting him off.

The rage on him started to rise as all his plans crumbled in front of him with those words. The grip on his phone tightened and his eyebrows got closer together.

- w – what?

- Well, I was at first but then I thought that we could get to know each other and eventually fall in love with each other. You don’t have a girlfriend right? – her voice held no ill feelings and it made it even more exasperating.

Kris contemplated all the answers and their possible reaction in a blink. Protecting you was still his first priority so he should continue with his father’s plans for him just for the time being.

- No, I don’t – he breathed and her eyes brightened up – but don’t jump to conclusions. Let’s get the facts straight: I don’t feel anything towards you. To be exact, I didn’t even remember you until now. – he huffed and started to walk out of his room. And he pressed the “end call” button with his thumb.

- But you remember me, isn’t that a good thing? – she added and his body flinched.

Both arrived at the dining hall, she was a few steps behind him and he had a mourning expression. Their families were sitting at the large table, one family on each side. Everyone turned their heads as they walked in making Kris feel disgusted at the greedy look his father had when he looked at them.

 

You frantically called Kris several times but no one answered, it was then that you lost it and fell on your knees crying out loud, not even caring that your brother could have heard you. You just had to let out of your chest what you felt; what had been accumulating slowly in your heart.

You remained like that for about an hour until your eyes had no more tears to shed but still continued to sob like a little kid.

“Must be easier if I had a friend to talk about it” you said and without noticing your eyes traveled to your phone. Your judgment said NO but you were too desperate to think clearly about it.

Before you knew it you were typing a new status:

“I have died everyday waiting for you” you quote Christina Perry’s song to not make it obvious that it was an indirect. Well, it’s not like anyone would notice since most of you contacts on your personal FB account were ex classmates that never got in touch again.

- Not like I care about what they think… - you mumbled and closed your eyes, they appreciated the absence of light.

 

 

- So maybe she has someone she likes – Leo whispered but it wasn’t low enough to escape from Hakyeon’s sharp ear.

- Mysterious girl?! – he almost choked with the soda he was drinking. Leo hit his back to make him recover and stop coughing, getting a few glared from the people around them in the fast food restaurant. – what makes you think so?

- I don’t know what you are talking about – Leo denied before taking a bite of his burger.

- You just said … - he stopped himself when he noticed the little annoyed yet disappointed expression on his friend’s face. It was the first time he had seen Leo lose his temper and cool so many times in a row.

- I’m going to refill my soda, you want some more? – Leo asked and Hakyeon nodded.

Once he was gone, Hakyeon took Leo’s phone and went through his FB and read what Leo was watching just now: your status.

He pressed like nonchalantly and commented “I like that song” which he actually did but commented as if it was Leo who liked it. He could see Leo on his peripheral view and turned the phone off and place it back where it was when he saw his friend was walking towards their table.

- here – Leo handed his cup to Hakyeon and sit before taking his phone to his pocket without realizing it was off.

Hakyeon suppressed a mischievous grin.

The rest of the afternoon, Hakyeon tried to distract Leo so he wouldn’t look at his phone until he got home, it was really tough because the black haired guy was always on looking at it. It surprisingly worked.

Leo arrived to his room and went straight to take a shower before going to sleep.

“ I think she got mad” he silently said and took his phone not suspecting that it was off because of Hakyeon, instead he plugged in the charger, only to discover that the battery hadn’t run-down. But what made him jolt of surprise was he had anew comment reply.

“Damn you, Hakyeon” he said and Hakyeon sneezed.

User9011: I like that song

- what?! Was that even a song?! And he even pressed like!?  – he shouted waving his hand on the air – you’ll be so dead tomorrow, Hakyeon! – he raged but calmed down after reading what you replied.

User3021: me too, and I like it even more today.

He immediately opened his inbox and typed down at the only conversation he had: yours.

User9011: are you okay?

He typed but deleted just as he finished and replaced it with something that wouldn’t make him sound desperate to know what happened to you.

User9011: I knew it! It was a problem with a guy.

He send and waited for your reply that didn’t seem to arrive even after 30 minutes had already passed. He kept looking at the phone and refreshing the app, if the “seen at” sign appeared and you didn’t replied that would mean you were angry at him but he began to worry when it didn’t.

Against his pride and subconscious telling him to stop, he typed again.

User9011: I’m sorry it was a joke.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________