45 part 2

The Dragon and The Lion

The girl smiled at Kris and Charlotte like they were friends since long time ago and so did the man that was with her.

Leo didnt have to say a thing, the way he looked at them made you understand who that girl was and to also know she hurt him very deeply.

Just like they had felt your eyes on them, the girl looked at you and Leo. she was atonished for a second but she immediately hid it; the itber three noticed and followed her eyes.

Charlotte's disgusted face was very evident but Kris looked at you with eyes wide open, like he hadnt seen you for years, letting aside that you were next to Leo.

You thanked goodness that the bruises on both of them had already dissapeared.

Charlotte stepped forward, ready ti attack, but Kris grabbed her wrist with a little bit more strenght than needed.

"Stop" he said with a dried throat.

She didnt fight back. Yes, there were tons of reporters everywhere, it was better to not cause a scene at the moment but she wouldnt remain quiet for too long.

"Do you know them?" leo's ex girlfriend asked.

"They are from the same school" kris replied polietly with an awkward smile.

The girl said no more and took another glimpse at them, that was enough for charlotte's sixth sense to notice what was happening.

"Lets go" you linked your arm to Leo's, forcing him to look at you.

"I'm sorry...she..." He tried to explain but you stopped him midway, shaking your head no.

"I know..." You avoided his eyes afraide he might notice the uneasy feeling in you "and I understand how you feel"

Leo's heart clenched at your words, but one last glare from the dragon made him see the bigger picture: he was the one next to you, and there was nothing Kris could do. The feeling of having the upper hand got Leo's spirits up.

"Well, arent you being a little too bold?" He grinned at your arms linked. Somehow, it was contagious.

"Isn't this what girlfriends do?" You arched an eyebrow and smiled back.

He had the same reaction than you minutes ago when he self proclamed you his girlfriend.but he quickly recovered it wasnt like him to show his embarrased and weak side.

"lets go, the auction is about to start" he looked at you straight in the eyes and said with a confident smile.

a caught up on the situation kris was enfuriated with jealousy but he was better than Leo in hidding his emotions. the thing that enraged him the most was that you had started to look at Leo the same way you looked at him. 

the auction started but neither leo or you were going to buy anything so you continued watching the exhibition. kris on the other hand was there next to his wife and mother who.were buying anything they wanted.

among the many artpieces was sculture made or gold and white gold that caught your attention it looked like a solar system circling around a ballerina. You went to it with Leo following close by.

"What is it?" he looked past your shoulder.

"I like this piece"

"It's beautiful" another person said closely

When both of you looked up you found that it was Leo's ex. This time she was alone.

She didnt seem as surprised as you.

"Hello" she greeted but it sounded like it was more directed to Leo than you..

He nodded politely to greet her but he was mentally rolling his eyes at the coincidence.

"How've you been?"

"Sorry, but I don't feel like we should start a conversation" leo replied quietly but sharp enough to obviously make her heart flinch.

"Don't be like that" she replied in a whisper lowering her gaze.

Leo thought it was funny how he had said the same words the day she cheated on him.

Your eyes moved back and fort from him to here. The growing tension between them was very sofocating.

Then she looked at you.

"Would you mind if I have a minute with him" she pleaded.

Nope. Was what you tried to say but you just nodded, ignoring Leo's almost silent gasp.

Sometimes you have to get face to face with the past in order to move on.

"I'll go get some fresh air at the veranda" you awkwardly pointed to the door and made your way out.

Leo's eyes followed you until you dissapeared among the crowd.

..............

Both of them moved to a more private salon as suggested by her so they could talk in private.

"So? What is there to talk about?"

"Leo, I've always wanted to apologize to you" she truly sounded like she regret it "but you changed your number and shut down all sns"

He didnt answer and she moved one step closer to him still looking to her feet. Leo could imagine what she was thinking and abruptly took a step back.

"I really didnt love him, but he has the connections I needed to boost my career and my parents put a lot of pressure on me. You know they werent happy that I was with you"

Leo couldnt believe what he was hearing, what was the point in apologizing then?

He sighed long and loud

"So? Did you get what you wanted? Are you on the company you wanted?"

"Yeah, i can't complain about my life but I had always regreted the way we parted ways. Don't you feel the same?"

"Not really" he bluntly answered "I have no regrets but to be honest, I asked myself if you had always been that kind of person" 

There was a long awkward pause, only the muffled sounds coming from the other side of the walls could be heard.

"I believed I could dream big and as long as I tried my best, I would succeed but as I started to grow up I realized that this world is not like that and it was only childish thinking...and I hurt you because of my immaturity"

'That sounds like something that bastard would say'

The black haired young man scanned the girl in front of him and realized how the light on her eyes that he used to love had faded away, how her voice was harsher than before, she was no longer the same and for a moment he felt the urge of hugging her but he couldn't do it. A lot of time had passed since then and there was no turning back.

"Isn't that great?" His words took her by surprise "You achieved what you wanted, so did I; and you are right. To get what you want you have to hurt others sometimes even the ones you love that's how the world is" leo thought about hakyeon and how he sacrificed himself for his friends "But in this same world everything happens for a reason and it was thanks to what happened between us that I met her. So i'll forgive you for that" he side smiled, making her heart flinch.

"You have always been like that, havent you?" she grined bitterly before rising her voice "smiling like nothing's wrong but you are angry inside arent you? You should get mad or yell at me,it would be easier!" Her arms movimg frantically in front of her face.

Leo remaimed silent and watched her sob while covering her face with her hands.

.............

You were looking down from the balcony, the place was empty since everybody was busy at the auction or having bussines talk: nothing you were interested in.

There wasnt much to look since the garden below it was almost completely dark, yet it was better than being inside. Lucky you, there was a small bench craved on the stone banister.

"What are you doing here?" Kris voice caught you off guard. 

You turned around and found him walking out the door.

"I should be asking you that" you remarked "werent you at the auction with your wife?" 

"I was there just for show, she has plenty of money to spend like it pleases her" he made his way to stand next you he leaned his back against the rock. "Once the reporters got tired of taking pictures, I could take my leave" he smirked.

You didnt say a thing about that.

"So, why are you alone?"

"Leo had to meet with someone" 

Kris was clever enough to know what that meant, for once in his life he chose to keep quiet.

"So how is school going?" 

"Pfft! Don't even get me started with that..." You laughed but when you looked at him, you could tell he was just asking without any ulterior motive behind it "well- you cleared your throat- everything is the same, just that I miss seeing your flashy car on the parking lot"

"It wasnt flashy" he giggled "it was my car for school days, the neutral one, that's nothing compared to the ones I take to the club" he was clearly showing off.

"How come Ive never seen those cars"

"Because you don't like clubs, miss scholarship student"

Sensitive topic alert

'Keep it cool, don't make it awkward. Its been a long time since you got to talk civilized like this'

"Who said I do t like club, I was an honor member of the library club during high school..." 

He stared down at you emotionless for a long second before craking up "that was lame" he saod still laughing.

"I've got jokes...sometimes" you playfully smaked his arm.

"Not today"

Both smiled and stayed in peaceful silent for a long while. That was the best option, after all, you two knew one another too well that any word could hurt the other. The sound of crickets and frogs echoed in the garden, while the party started to get louder behind the crystal doors.

You sighed "I want to go home, my feet are killing me"

"Just take those shoes off, they look uncomfortable"

"I thought you liked girls on heels" is what you thought.

"Dont get me wrong, you look beautiful but i dont want you to get blisters"

You noticed something. Before, kris would have complimented you without doubts but on that moment he was looking away like he was affraid of how you'd react.

Your hands moved to the strap of your shoes and untied it so you could take them off.

"A lot better" you said in relief.

He casually sat next to you before you could protest.

"So..." He dragged the words before spitting the next sentence "are you two dating or what?"

It felt like a strong blow to your liver. Suffocating.

"Do you care?"

"Of course I do. Dont dare to ask why" 

"I refuse to answer" said as calm as you could "I don't ask you about charlotte, you dont ask me about Leo"

"It's not the same" he huffed

"It..."

The doors opened again.

"Son..." 

The deep voice sent shivers down your spine even before you turned around to face Kris' father glaring at you.

...............................:...............................................................

Hello everybody! Its been a long time.
I was on my road trip texas-lousiana-mississippi-florida 🌴  (I love New Orleans) and even though I wrote part of this chapter when I was there, I got loads of work piled up when I came back but finally I could finish it!

Have you watched Kris' movie Never gone trailer? It gives me all the  TD&TL feelssssss!😚

Hope you liked it 🍀 dont forget to vote on twitter for the wattys!