37.

The Dragon and The Lion

Kris stared at the blue sea in front of him, hesring tHe sound of the waves crashing against the sand combined with the grass swinging with the breeze. his hair was wet from the swimming session he just had and his skin looked a bit tanner than before, he sat on the sand and felt the warm withe sand taking a handful within his fist, however it didnt last long there. For a moment it reminded him about how he wanted to have it all but in the end couldnt have everything in his grasp

He looked around but no sign of people was found, except for the wooden staircase that headed from the house to the beach.
Your face at the wedding crossed his mind as a stronger wave crashed near his feet.

He sighed, heavily.

Meanwhile, charlote was watching the beach from the veranda, a girl from the service brought some fruits and limonade to her but she didnt even blinked.

It had been several days since the wedding but she barely talked to her husband. Not even in their wedding night, she recalled that night they arrived at the island and everything was decorated with aromatic candles and roses but far from feeling romantic she felt nauseous instead.

"this is too much" kris mumbled and sighed before leaving her alone "I'll sleep in the guest's room".

She opened to say something but closed it as no word came out.

Not that she was expecting him to love her all of a.sudden but it was then she realized he still hated her.

In the morning he was having silently breakfast on one side of the table and she was seating on the other. Kris was focused on his phone, taking a sip of juice from time to time but never looking at her.

"Good morning" she tried her best to sound neutral.

"morning" he replied still looking down.

The air in the room was getting thinner by the second and the silence became unbearable.

"cant you even look at me? Do you hate me that much?" She quietly said even though she wanted to scream.

"Yeah, I hate you" he finally looked up at her. no, he glared at her.

For a moment she forgot how to breathe out of fear.

"Lets make it clear, I didnt force you into this marriage, you accepted it yourself...for.your own sake"

Those last words hit him right in the wound that was far from healing.

He kept glaring at her for a long time before standing and walking out the house, making sure to slam the door behind him.

Back to the veranda she leaned her head against the wooden table.

Now her memory traveled way back to the past, to her elementary school days, to the day she first me Kris to be exact.

She was in a private school, where only some elite families were allowed to attend so maybe that's why she didnt stand out much.

She had no friends due to her family status. They were either to afraid to get close or being hipocrytes trying to obtain somwthing from her.

During lunch she used to ate alone in the classroom but a certain day charlotte felt like headding outside. It was her last day in that city before moving abroad.

And as she roamed the school her eyes grown wide at the scene happening infront of her. An older kid was trying to free a dog that was tangled on a three by its own leash but the dog tried to bite him everytime he got close but even so, he kept trying to free him.

"is he stupid? He should just leave it alone" she said to herself and resumed her way to explore the school grounds. However, she stopped on her tracks and looked back when the kid let out a small scream.

There was blood dripping from his hand, the dog bit him and yet he wasnt crying.

She rushed to him, as fast as her cool demeanour allowed her to.

"what are you doing?" she asked instead of 'are you okay' like she wanted to. But shesure didnt expecte his reply.

"Are you blind? I'm trying to untie him or he will die"

Charlotte didnt understand at the moment but after she met him several years later, that Kris was like her: rude with his words but still cared about people (or animals).

"I'll call a teacher"

"Dont!" He shouted to stop her "if they find he bit me, they'll will kill him!

"He attacked you"

"Just because he is desperate" the young kris explained

"Then what?" She asked crossing her arms.

Kris looked down, as if he expected an answer to suddenly pop out from the ground. Noticing, he had failed to come out with a plan, she started her own.

She noticed the dog was paying atention to kris so she walked around the three and released the leash from the log finally ending the poor dog's suffering.

Kris looked at her dumbfounded "that was dangerous, you know?but thanks"

"You should ask for help sometimes" she cooly answered before turning around and walking away.

"Kris!" Another older pretty boy approached him when she was already a couple feet away "are you okay?" He gasped when he saw his friend's arm bleeding

"You are pale, luhan" kris laughed at his horrified face

She didnt mention her name so it was obvious he wouldnt remember her when they met again at the same party he met you.

Back in the present kris entered the house and saw her on the veranda but ignored her again and went stright to his room. The sound of his phone ringing could be heard when he opened the door.

" hello" he answered

"How is my newly wed friend doing? How is the honeymoon going?" A familiar voice sound on the other side of the speaker.

" stop it, luhan" kris sounded exhausted.

"No but really. How are you?" The boy asked again, this time in a serious note.

Kris walked to the glass door that allwed him to see the horizon. The sky was completely clear, it was fascinating how it the blue sea and the blue sky mixed together.

"I'm in paradise but it feels like hell" he answered.

Luhan made a pause before daring to ask " why did you do it?"

"As much I'd like to say it was for her, it was more for me. So that my and charlote's family would.leave her alone but in the end.I think I'm not brave enough to give up my lifestyle"

Luhan made another pause as if he was meditating.

"This might sound fake but I think you did the right thing" the pretty boy pressed his fingers against his forehead "I mean, what were you going to do if you left your family? Find a job? You?. Even if you wanted, it would be impossible having both families against you.

"it's because I'm weak"

"aren't we all?"

"thank you" Luhan couldnt see kris smiling and lowering his head in embarrasment after a few seconds of comfortable silence he spoke aga"have you seen her?

Luhan sighed "no, I looked around your school for her but she hasn't been attending lately"

Doesnt she have an scholarship to keep? Kris asked in his mind

"what about that guy?"

"I think you shouldnt ask about him. After all, you are married now and in no place to be jealous"

Kris felt those words like ice cold.water on him.

"I don't care if I'm married, I still love her, Luhan" he said desperate "and I don't want anyone to take what is mine"

"as selfish as ever aren't we?" Luhan chuckled "well, he was at school. But more importantly: how is Charlotte?"

"huh? What about her?"

"Did you..." He dragged the words.to avoid asking the obvious.

It took kris a couple seconds to understand where luham was.going to but when he realized he choked with his own saliva and his ears turned bright red.

"what?! No we didnt! What are you asking!?"

Luhan shruggred "just asking out of curiosity but seriously. I can tell.you are being a douche with her..."

Kris didnt answer to that.

"kris, dont forget she is just another puppet in this play"

"I know but I'm planning to be the one who pulls her strings now"

"you want her to divorce you don't you?

Kris didnt answer again

His friend sighed "I have to go"

"yeah, see you later"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops! I think this story is going to be longer than 50 chapters. Sorry!

Thank you for the amazing support and.comments! You are the best!

New video for BLANK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia3GwgBnDz0