nine

Man from the book
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NINE

 

 

I ground aloud as I heard my alarm. My hands roamed to search for the light switch and I felt blinded once the light was on.

 

Tell me why am I awake at 1 am again? Oh because I need to secretly make chocolate for- Gosh, why am I doing this. This feels like I’m invading my own house.

 

I contemplated whether I should make a dark chocolate or milk chocolate. Ugh this is frustrating. If this is for Luhan I’d give him milk chocolate but it isn’t. Damnit why am I giving that brat a chocolate for Valentines anyway? I don’t know!

I decided to just make both since the ingredients can suffice. I poured the chocolate in the molders and stared at my beautiful master piece. Ahh I should have a shop of sweets someday.Just as I was finishing some touches a half Sehun entered the kitchen.

 

Half . Half . My mind taunted. Why is he always half during a cold season?

 

My jaw dropped and I forgot what I was doing and that I was supposed to hide. Sehun went closer to scrutinize what I was doing. Ack! I failed to hide the chocolates.

“What are you doing at a time like this?” He asked while moving closer until he finally saw what I had been doing. I scrambled forward and tried to block the counter while Sehun step closer.

“You’re making chocolate for Luhan aren’t you? You don’t need to do it behind my back.” He said cooly, closing the distance between us.

 

What?

 

“You- you still like him don’t you?” He stated rather than asked. He was dangerously close and I felt my cheeks burning up.

“No! I don’t. This is not for him. It’s for-“ I stammered while looking elsewhere.

“It’s for who?” He questioned as he retreated to grab a drink from the fridge. Flabbergasted, I took a hold of my chest and tried my best to calm down.

“I-It’s it’s for..” I can’t possibly tell him! It’s a surprise.

“I see.” He mumbled and was walking back to his room when I found the pink dolphin stuff toy he gave me near the kitchen counter. I was so pissed at his attitude that I swiftly threw the dolphin at him.

“Ouch. Hey why did you do that!” Sehun yelled when it hit his head.

“Idiot!” I yelled back.

I turned to the chocolates I made and my mind started to battle thoughts.

 

Why is he making things complicated? It makes me angry, hungry, sad and even hungrier! Ugh.

 

But.. I shouldn’t have thrown him the doll. It must really hurt. Should I apologize and bring him an ice pack? My conscience bothers me.

 

No Eunmi he deserves it. He’s a jerk. My other part refuted.

 

But it’s because I was unable to speak the truth. My conscience tugged.

 

He didn’t wait for your explanation. He just carelessly assumed things. My other part retorted.

 

“I am definitely going insane because of you Sehun.” I murmured as I bite a piece of chocolate.

 

 

It was a Friday night yet Sehun and I are still on with our cold war. Good thing I don’t need to kiss him anywhere because he took a week off from work. Can I take a week off from school too? Like that could happen. I grabbed my reading assignments and went to study in the living room where Jeno was lying on the sofa. I sat on the carpet and began with History.

Suddenly Sehun went out his room and the tv to a sports channel. Is he testing my patience? Still, no one uttered anything. I continued reading and Sehun continued watching. Slowly, my mind drifted away from the contents of the book. My thoughts are now about Sehun.

 

Sehun. Why? Do I like you? I shook my head vigorously. It’s just because he was here when you needed someone. He accompanied you when you were alone Eunmi. No more. I was taken away from my thoughts when I heard someone spoke.

 

“Will you guise please stop this cold war. Please for the sake of my growling stomach.” Jeno pleaded while pouting.

“No.” Both Sehun and I answered which made Jeno scowl. Jeno turned to me and puckered his lips.

“Pft. Fine.” I gave in and stood up to prepare some meat and kimchi the Lu’s gave me way before.

Jeno persuaded all three of us to have dinner together since we’ve been having separate meals since Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter