Chapter 7

The Curse

7 (KRIS POV)

I was gazing outside the window while reading a book like usual. Even if I’m not in the mansion and was apparently at the castle, I couldn’t possibly change all my activities. I love reading and through reading, I could ease my mind from all the thinking that I’ve been doing recently. It’s all started when Suho suddenly asked me one day.

“Don’t you want to know about the prophecy that brought you to this state?”

Well, to tell you the truth, I was wondering myself. What was the prophecy? And what actually I’ll do that could harm this country? I was curious.

“Kris!” Tao called. Apparently, he just got back from meeting the king and now he was running at full speed towards me. Before I could comprehend what was happening, Tao already crushed me in a bear like hug. I chuckled at his enthusiasm.

“What is it?” I asked, looking straight at his eyes. He sat on my lap and then pouted.

“Aren’t you happy see me?” he asked still pouting. I ruffled his head affectionately then kissed his lips.

“No, of course I’m happy. I’m just worried that the king might get suspicious. You’ve been coming here a lot recently,” I explained, didn’t want to upset him.

“He won’t mind. He never cares actually. So, you didn’t have to worry,” he said while resting his head on my shoulder. I sighed in contentment, cherishing the moment I was with him.

“Do you like it here?” he asked after a long silence. I chuckled then hugged him tighter.

“Of course I do. You’re here with me so it’s making me really happy,” I replied a soft tone. He smiled.

“Thanks for coming with me.”

I shook my head. “You should thank mom. She was the one who asked me to come!”

He looked up. “Yeah, you’re right! I should thank mom for this. If it’s not because of her, I’m sure you wouldn’t come!” he said sounding a bit angry.

“I still would come. But…it may took a year or two,” I joked which made Tao’s mad. He pouted again and glared at me.

“You know that whatever happens, I still love you right?” I asked. He looked at me with his two beautiful eyes and I could see understanding in his eyes.

“I…I love you too,” he said with a slight blush. He then he stood up. “I really wanted to stay with you but I have works to do. See you later,” he continued then went out of the room. I sighed.

He always acted that way. After confessing his love to me, he would immediately make excuses and got away from me.

I continued my reading which had stopped due to Tao. When I was about to move to the next page, I was interrupted.

“Hey Kris! Guess what I got!” Suho barged into my room looking excited. His eyes shining with excitement. I put down the book and looked at him, thinking. Then, I smirked, knowingly.

“Yixing agreed to go out with you?” I replied which taken him aback. He scratched his nape while gazing at the floor. Wow! My guessed was right. I never thought that it would be this fast.

“T…that’s not what I’m trying to say now,” he said nervously. I arched my eyebrow.

“So, you still haven’t confessed?” I asked.

“I…I have confess and he accepted it but what I want to say had nothing to do with our relationship!” Suho replied, looking annoyed.

“Well then, continue.”

“Erm…Yixing told me something. About the prophecy book…erm…you know, the book that kept all of that stuff about this country’s future,” Suho started. I looked at him in interest.

“He said that it was kept at the tower. You know the big one we see when we first came here. You do remember that Prince Tao said that we should stay away from that place right. It’s because the prophecy book was kept there. The king didn’t want anyone to get close to that tower so, he put a lot of guards there,” Suho continued.

“What’s with the book, anyway? It’s there so just let it stay there,” I said, not really cared about anything.

“Don’t you want to know?” Suho asked. He was now standing in front of me with unsatisfied expression.

“I want to know but didn’t you say that there are a lot of guards there? How are we supposed to get there without being caught?” I asked. He looked at me skeptically.

“Don’t be joking! I know that you could get in there without any problems. All this time, you got out of the mansion without being caught all by yourself and don’t think that I didn’t know it. I always know! In fact, I’ve know it since the first day I started to work there,” Suho said.

I was caught off guard. I looked at him, surprised. He smiled innocently that made me think, does he really know?

“So, what’s your plan?” he asked. This time, he looked serious. I sighed.

I needed to decide. I wanted to know but at the same time I didn't want to. What if what I see in that book was something that could break my heart. But then again, I needed to know everthing. The reason and the future. I stared at Suho then smirked. I'd decided.

I do have a plan. I was just hoping that we won’t get caught. I wonder what’s in the book. My fate? Or, maybe not…