Chapter 11

The Curse

Double updates...if u haven't read chap 10, read it first..This might be the last chap..

 

(NO ONE POV)

“You startled us!” Tao pouted. Kris, Suho and Lay laughed.

“Sorry for that,” Kris apologized. The queen smiled and asked, “Aren’t you supposed to be in the dungeon? How did you get out?”

Suho cringed while Kris smirked.

“I…We didn’t want to talk about that,” Suho replied on Kris behalf. Tao and the queen frown but they didn’t ask further. There might be something that the both of them didn’t want to talk about.

“We had to go now.  We couldn’t possibly stay in the castle anymore. So, we’re here to say goodbye,” Kris said in a sad tone. He gazed at the floor, didn’t dare to look up because he knew, if he looked up, his cool demeanor would vanish and it would only replaced by a broken one. He didn’t want his mother and Tao to see that. He wanted them to remember him as someone strong and cool.

“I’m really sorry Kris that you have to be like this. I’m really, really sorry,” the queen said, eyes b with tears. If it wasn’t because of the prophecy, they surely would be a happy family now. They wouldn’t have to stay apart and become enemies. But, the past couldn’t be change. They believed that everything happens for a reason and they accepted their fate.

 Kris always heard the word ‘sorry’ coming from his mother but he always acted as if he didn’t even care. But, to be honest, he was really affected by it. He didn’t want to hear it anymore. He already forgave his mother. To tell the truth, when the queen and Tao first came to visit him, he already forgave her. He knew that the queen still love him and she cared for him but he never show it. He didn’t know how to show it. Since he was a kid, he was always alone. He never got to tell others how he felt. He never knew how to show his affections. All he knew was that, he had to keep everything for himself. The first time he started to warm up with people was that when Suho came to his mansion.

“I…you didn’t have to say anything. I…I’m the one who should’ve apologize. I always being rude to you and I’m really sorry, mom,” Kris said. The queen could only smile. It might have been too late for them to warm up with each other and get to know one another but the thought of Kris accepted her as a mother really made her happy. It was the best gift where a mother could have.

“Thank you Kris. You should know that no matter what happen, you’re still my son and I love you so much that I wouldn’t trade you with anything in this world.” The queen held both of Kris’s hand. Kris looked up and gave her a gentle smile, a sincere one.

“Take Tao with you. I know that you both are happy around each other so just take him with you. I’ve seen it in both of your eyes. It’s was warm and filled with happiness when you look at each other. I want both of you to be happy always,” the queen continued. Her words really shocked them all.

Well, of course they were shocked. First of all, Tao is the crown prince and he will become king one day so there’s no way the royal family going to let him go. Secondly, Kris is the curse prince and definitely, the king won’t let him get away so easily which also would bring harms to Tao. And thirdly, well, it just no way for them to be together with their status as brothers and obviously the queen only let them stay together because she thought that they think of each other only as brothers and nothing else which definitely not!

“Don’t worry! I don’t mind if you decided to be lovers or what but the most important thing now is you both are happy. Now, go! I’ll handle the king for you,” the queen said again and that really, really and obviously and definitely shocked them more than they had before.

Well, this was awkward. Your own mother approved your relationship with your own brother. It’s definitely awkward but they dismissed the thought. What’s important now was that they could be together and no one was going to stop them. That’s the only thing they needed.

“And Yixing! Go along with them. I needed someone to protect Tao which I doubt Kris would definitely do it. But in case Kris got sick, you can take his role for a while. He need a little help sometime,” the queen said nonchalantly which made the four of them laughed.

“Now go before the guards come!” the queen urged them. They smiled gratefully to the queen. Tao and Kris hugged their mother and promised to come and visit her (of course secretly) some other time. The queen nodded and wished them good luck.

That was how their new life began. They decided to go west which Lay had suggested. From what Lay told them, he had a friend there which could help them and he would definitely let them stay there for sometimes or maybe forever. They hoped everything’s would be alright.

Now, Kris understands what the prophecy really meant. It didn’t take much time for him to figure out. What happening before had proved it. The prophecy really is something. No one knows what it meant. Only a few could guess it and that few people is Kris.

The country shall live along with the royal family. But in ten years a prince shall be born. He may bring misfortune or blessing for the royal family. It’s up to the ruler of the country to decide the next decision. When the dragon symbol arises, everything will change.

The king’s decision had led to a curse, not for the country but for the royal family. The country shall live just as the prophecy had said but not the royal family. His decision had led his two son parted and because of this, when they met, they fall for each other; they fall for a forbidden love. Their need for each other is too strong that they had decided to be together always. And that, leave the royal family hanging without an heir to replace the king.

It definitely a curse for the royal family. Just like his father, the king, wanted it to be, Kris is the curse prince. He curse the royal family for abandoning him, for leaving him alone, hanging and desperate to be loved. Now, the royal family shall no longer exist.

Be careful with your decision because it might haunt you one day…