Chapter 4

The Curse

 (TAO POV)

I shouldn’t have been there. I knew I shouldn’t! I’m really stupid! I should’ve listened to my heart. And now, I had to see the scene that I wanted to avoid the most. Suho and Kris were hugging each other. I guessed, Kris didn’t lie when he said that they were close. I don’t know why but I really hate it. I could feel tears streaming down my face. I wiped the tears roughly, hoping that it would soon die down but it kept flowing non-stop.

“Aish…why am I crying over this stupid thing!” I cursed to myself. Maybe it’s because I’d been wanting to meet Kris and hoping that we could be close to each other that it made me feel sad as I saw him close with other people. But still, Kris had his own life. He could be close with anyone he wanted. I couldn’t just keep him for myself. And after all, I just talked to him once. What happened last night didn’t mean anything at all.

“Tao!” I heard a voice shouting my name from behind. I looked back and saw Kris running towards me. I quicken my pace as I didn’t want him to see me crying. It was ridiculous! Crying because your brother was close with someone else. Totally stupid!

To my dismay, Kris was able to catch up with me and now, he was holding my hand, stopping me from running away from him. I looked at the floor to hide my face. I didn’t want him to see me crying but I guessed I didn’t succeed.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt or anything?” he asked, worried. I shook my head, didn’t want him to be more worried about me. “Are you sure? You just ran out of the room just now.”

Well of course I just ran out of the room. What do you think I would do after seeing you and Suho hugging. Last night you hugged me and today you already hugged someone else. You should know how much it hurt inside!

“Tao…” Kris voice brought me out from my train of thought. Suddenly, I felt a warm hand on my cheeks. I looked up and saw Kris smiling sweetly.

“Tell me everything. Don’t hold up, okay? It will make you feel better. I’m here for you,” Kris said in a gentle tone that almost made me wanted to cry more.

Why did he have to act so nice with me? It made me wanted to have him only for myself more. We just met but he had already turned me into someone selfish. I want my brother only for me, no one else! Could I say that to him? What if he hates me after I said that? He might think that I was being ridiculous.

“Let’s talk in the garden. It’s more peaceful there,” Kris said again. He entwined our hand and dragged me to the garden which I’d never visited before.

When we arrived there, I was mesmerized by the scene in front of me. The garden was absolutely beautiful. There’s a lot of different kind of roses. In the middle of the garden was a big fountain. It looked like any other garden but I could sense that there was something special about this place. It’s as if the garden itself was full of life.

Kris brought me to a bench nearby and seated me there. He kneeled in front of me and gazed straight into my eyes. “Tell me what’s wrong. I hate it to see you crying.”

“I’m fine!” I insisted. He looked at me skeptically. He raised his left eyebrow as if saying that he didn’t really believe my word.

“I promise that I won’t do anything that you don’t like. You should feel lucky though that I’m being this nice to you. Even Suho didn’t get this privilege to see the kind me. You’re special,” Kris said with a smile. Hearing the word ‘you’re special’ made me blush.

“Tell me!” he urged, a smile still plastered on his face. I sighed. I guessed he won’t stop unless I told him what’s on my mind. And of course, lying to him was not the best option. He always knew when I lied.

I took a deep breath and shut my eyes then said the words that I didn’t want him to hear, “I’m jealous!”

There was silence between us. I knew it! He must’ve thought that I’m crazy. Arghh…Tao, you had ruin your relationship with Kris.

“Jealous of what?” Kris asked after a long silence. I opened my eyes and stared at him in disbelieve. Don’t tell me he doesn’t get it what I’m trying to say.

“I…I’m jealous of y…you and Suho. Y…you were hug...hugging him just now. I…I didn’t like it!” I muttered, eyes looking anywhere but him.

“It’s normal for friends to hug each other, right? Well, I’m not really sure about that because I’ve been stuck in here for 18 years and I didn’t really know how people interact. But, what I read from books, it say that it’s normal for friends to hug,” Kris said as if it was nothing.

“But I still don’t like it!” I said, angrily. Kris chuckled and I could see that he was amused by my reaction.

“Then, if you don’t like it, I won’t do it again. I won’t hug anyone without your permission!” he said after a while. I smiled, really liking the idea.

“Promise?” I said while looking straight into his eyes. Kris nodded. “Promise!”

Before I knew it, he leaned forward and kissed my lips gently like he did last night. I closed my eyes, cherishing this moment. Maybe after this I won’t be able to see him again but who knows? We couldn’t predict our futures.

“One thing that I know is that brother shouldn’t be kissing each other but still, I couldn’t help it when I’m with you,” Kris confessed after the kiss. He gazed at me lovingly and my cheeks.

“W..What do you mean?” I asked, flustered.

“Nothing. I just saying that I really love you.” Kris hugged me and buried his face in the crook of my neck, kissing my neck lightly.

“Even though we just met and to say the least that we’re supposed to be brothers?” I asked matter of fact. Kris chuckled which brought shivers down my spine.

“Yes,” he whispered that only I could hear. I smiled and his hair while hugging him back. I could hear him sigh in content.

“Just…don’t tell mom about this. She might freak out,” he said and I just laughed at his remark.

Hell yeah, I was in love with my own brother and no one could stop it.