01

Dangerous

"Kim Jiyeon!!!!!! Hurry up. It's almost time for school." my mother screamed.

"I'm coming, mom." I said.

Today was my first day at Sky High. My parents decided to move to Seoul, Korea for a year because they found a great job opportunity. My parents are attorneys. I guess they wanted to move here becuase there was more clients.

 

                                                                                       

As I was walking down the hall trying to look for my class, I heard some girls whispering to their friends like, "hey, did you hear about the new transfer student from America?" Was I that interesting? I mean it's not like they've never seen a transfer student in their life before. Whatever. I just shook it off my shoulder and try not to care.

"K-306. Finally," I said to myself, relief that I finally found my class.

"Quiet class!!" said a teacher, who was walking in.

"Today, we have a new transfer student. This is Kim Jiyeon. She's from California. Since all of you are Seniors, I hope you guys will all help her out since she's new around here."

When the teacher finished her announcement, everyone was staring at me with curious looks.

"I'm Mrs. Jung. Your homeroom teacher. Please have a seat over there next to Lee Sunghwa. That's going to be your permanate seat. I hope that you don't switch to someplace else," said Mrs. Jung.

I walked to the seat she pointed to. I notice the guy next to my seat was extremely handsome and at the same time really intimating.

"oh my god! She's sitting next to Gray. What the hell???" the girl infront of me mumbled.

"Is this guy perhaps, Gray?? I thought his name was Lee Sunghwa?" I thought to myself.

"Hey, I'm Kim Jiyeon," I said, sticking out my hand, expecting a handshake from him.

He glanced at me then looked away.

Wow that guy was totally not friendly.

"I will continue the lesson after lunch. Class dismiss," said Mrs. Jung.

Everyone started getting up and walking out. The guy next to me was also getting up and was about to walk out until-

"hey, you're Lee Sunghwa right?" I asked.

He looked at me.

"yah, but people here call me 'Gray'," he replied.

"Well, I'm Kim Jiyeon. Nice to meet you," I said and attempting to shake his hand again.

Failed. He just quickly walked out. I felt so stupid.

"Does he not like me or something?" I thought.

                                                                                      

At lunch, I was by myself in the cafeteria. I was a total loner and I even admitted it. As I was eatting my lunch alone, I noticed Gray. He was sitting with  a group of guys that looked extremely scary and had tatoos all over their arms. I couldn't help but stare at Gray the whole time. His looks were so elegant and flawless.

When the bell rang to go back to class, I quickly threw all my trash away and head off to class. When I was walking, I noticed Gray was behind me. I wanted to turn around and and say 'hi' to him again but what would I say after a 'hi'? So I decied to just head on to class.

When I was sitting next to him, he was just staring at the board the whole time while everyone was quickly trying to take notes. The teacher went through the lesson extremely fast so everyone was just trying to catch up and so was I.

"Aren't you going to tack any notes," I asked him.

Even when I was talking to him my hands were still writing and trying to keep up with the teacher.

"No, I don't need to," he said blankly.

"What? You don't need to? Does that mean you understand all this?" I asked in a surprising tone.

"Yah, this lesson is not even hard," he said.

"Wow! You must be a nerd," I said, tring to be funny.

He looked at me while I was laughing at my own joke. I stopped when I notice that I was the only one laughing.

"Wow that was awkward," I thought to myself.

"This is the end of our lesson. I hope all of you took some notes because we will be having a quiz tomorrow on this lesson. Please go home and study," Mrs. Jung said.

Everyone started packing up when Mrs. Jung started walking out of the class.

"Wow what an exhausting day," said the girl infront of me to her friend.

                                                                                        

I was walking to the front of the school when I saw Gray. He was with those scary looking guys again. I wanted to walk over to him and asked if he needed my notes for Calculus since didn't take any notes for himself.

"Hey Gray!" I said, walking towards him.

Him and all his friends stopped what they were doing and searched for the person that called him. Gray looked over and saw me.

"I was wondering if you need my notes for Calculus. I mean you didn't take any notes for yourself and we have a quiz tomorrow, so I thought that you might need something to study with," I said nervously.

The whole time I was talking, none of his friends took their eyes off me. I felt like I was a museum or something.

"Ayeee Gray! Is that your girlfriend?" One of the guys asked.

"No, I'm not. I'm just a classmate," I respond back in an angry tone.

How could they ask such a question? I mean even if I wish I was. He's totally my ideal type but still. Asking that is so awkward.

"No she's not dude. Shut up," said Gray in a surprisingly calm tone.

"I would like to know her," said another guy that was in the group also.

"Yah, dude. We'd like to know her. Introduce her, will ya?" one of the guys requested.

"Hi, I'm Kwon Hyuk Woo but they call me 'Loco'. All of us go to this school too. What's your name?" asked Loco.

"I'm Kim Jiyeon. I'm a new transfer student. Nice to meet you." I said shyly.

"Aye since you introduce yourself to her, how about you introduce all of us to her?" said the guy that asked if I was Gray's girlfriend.

"That's Jung Ki Seok, but everyone knows him as Simon Dominic. you can just call him 'Simon'." said Loco, pointing to the guy that asked if I was Gray's girlfriend.

"That one over there," said Loco, pointing at the guy standing next to Simon.

"That's Elo." Loco continued.

"That guy over there with the crazy tatoo is Park Jae Bum, but you can call him 'Jay'. Also that guy next to Jay is Hiep Do. You can call him 'Hep'," said Loco, introducing everyone to me.

"Since you already know Gray, I guess we don't have to introduce him right?" said Hep, giggling.

"We gotta go. Hope to see you around Jiyeon." said Loco.

They rode off on their motorcyles before I could even say bye. I didn't even get to say anything to Gray either. I decided to walk home afterwards. As I was walking home, the only thing I was thinking about was Gray and his friends, but mostly just Gray.