A Royal Pain in the Neck

Fail-y Tales

Side-story of my other story. Some clues ahead. :D

 

Kyuhyun came back from being a solid statue after clock struck midnight. He started walking to look for either Heechul, Hangeng or Sungmin, but he cannot find either of them. He was starting to feel bored and annoyed when he saw a light emitting from a closed door. He slowly opened it and saw the three people he was looking for, staring at a painting.

"Who do you think painted this?" The bodyguard asked.

"I can't tell since it didn't came with provenance or certificate of authenticity." Sungmin replied.

"Are you sure that's how The Odd Pirate looked like?" Heechul asked.

"I don't know. They said he's very handsome and appealing, but something is missing. I can't really display this and claim him as T.O.P"

"Who's that?" Kyuhyun intervened.

"We're not really sure as of now. They said he's T.O.P, the most handsome but weird pirate ever sailed the sea. However, something's missing from it. We just can't tell." Sungmin came closer to the paining to examine the facial features more.

Kyuhyun knotted his eyebrows. True, the man on the painting was handsome. If there's still missing, does it mean that he's more attractive than that? It's impossible.

"He's not handsome at all." Was all Kyuhyun's reply.

"Whoever was this person, he's still handsome for me." Kyuhyun just ignored Sungmin because he felt annoyed, then he turned around and started walking. Hangeng followed him, Heechul turned to the table where the scrolls were, and Sungmin was still examining the painting. "Aren't you going to teach me how to write?"

"Sorry, too busy." Hangeng and Heechul said in unison.

"Give me a while. I need to decide whether to exhibit this or donate somewhere else as soon as possible. Maybe you can practice by yourself and I'll check it later."

 "Can't you just give him away then? He'll ruin the library's atmosphere." Sungmin glared at Kyuhyun, and replied with a stern voice.

"Go write an apology in Hangul. If you don't, I won't drive you around the city again." Kyuhyun scowled, but he obeyed nonetheless. He took out his writing utensils and some paper stored in the lounge. He wrote hateful words in his native writing, but he remembered Sungmin can read them. He crumpled those papers and decided to write a serious apology, so he can still go out of the library and look for the love of his life.

After finishing an apology that won't hurt his pride much, he went to see Sungmin at the backroom. He found the shorter male dozing with his head on an empty table and a blanket on his back. He was about to leave his letter when an evil idea pop out of his mind. He crumpled his not-so-heartfelt apology while sporting a smirk. He returned to the lounge and got another paper with his pens and returned to Sungmin. He wrote his letter there and left it beside Sungmin's head. He then turned his attention to the painting and a more evil smirk could be seen on his face.

Sungmin woke up and saw Kyuhyuh's letter of apology.

 

I am sorry, but I think you should just throw the painting away.

-Kyuhyun

 

Sungmin looked at T.O.P's painting, and his jaw dropped. Kyuhyun doodled on a historical piece with a well-known person. Well, at least the mustache suits him.

"Hey, that looked more like T.O.P now." Hangeng said.

"Are you going to put it on display soon?" Heechul asked. Sungmin looked at the letter in his hand and then the painting.

"I guess... I'll just keep it for myself." He then smiled inwardly.