The Cutest Guy

Fail-y Tales

"Ah Kyuhyun! Here he comes again! Isn't he the cutest?" Kyuhyun had to block his ears from the cheesy compliments of his hyung. They were just quietly eating their lunch on a table under a shade of tree. For one week since the school started, Yesung kept pestering him about the cute guy they always see during lunch. He was sure his hyung was worshiping the oblivious guy already. They do not even know his name yet.

"If you really like him that much, why don't you confess." Kyuhyun replied, sick of Yesung's annoying behavior. Who would not be annoyed if they are having the same crush? Yesung only had the dibs since he spoke first about his "undying love" for the petite cute guy, who sits on the table outside the campus cafeteria.

"Why I didn't thought of that before?"

"When did you even use your brain?"

"I don't have to when you are around." Yesung replied nonchalantly. He got up and started walking away.

Kyuhyun stood up almost after Yesung. He was just kidding. He knew that Yesung would not have the guts to approach the cute guy, but sometimes Yesung is just unpredictable. "Yah! Where are you going?"

"I'm going to serenade the man. I'll look for and practice some song. Wish me luck Kyuhyunie!"

"I don't want to. I just feel that your plan would not work."

"Give me a week and he'll be my boyfriend. You will see." Yesung replied. Kyuhyun was running out of patience because of his persistence.

"You don't even know his name." Kyuhyun said in last resort, but Yesung just gave him a knowing smirk.

Kyuhyun slumped back on his seat with wide eyes while Yesung whistled away. Yesung already know the name of that cute guy.

 

How did Kyuhyun became friends with Yesung? He didn't know, but if he knew that he would have to endure the rock minus one version of an old song for every damn night for a week, he probably banned Yesung from entering his life.

"Aren't you tired of screaming?" Kyuhyun complained once Yesung finished a round of the song.

"I need to practice. I don't want to fail in front of him." Yesung said with much difficulty.

"Wait," Kyuhyun sat near his friend. "what happened to your voice?" he asked in genuine concern.

"I think I over did it." Yesung's voice came out dry and raspy.

"Your one week is almost over." Kyuhyun reminded Yesung with all maliciousness. "You would never have him as your boyfriend now." He tried his best not to grin, but Yesung wanted to rub his crooked smile off his face.

"You're not helping."

"It's better if you don't use your voice for now."

"But I have to-"

"Shh," Kyuhyun placed his finger to shush Yesung. "don't force yourself. Singing is your only talent, don't lose it."

Yesung harshly removed Kyuhyun's finger. "Wait, you can sing too."

"Yes, and unlike you, I can do more than that."

Yesung ignored Kyuhyun's inflamed ego because he had a better plan.

"You sing for me then."

 

Therefore, Kyuhyun was waiting outside the cafeteria, wearing black leather vest over a red shirt and a tight black jeans. His hair was messily styled away from his forehead to show his black lined eyes. He was trying his best to look cool while he was literally burning hot from his outfit, but he had to endure it to win the cute man's heart. Although Yesung was the one who planned this, he knew from the start that Yesung would not be able to snatch that cutie pie away. No, not on Cho Kyuhyun's watch.

The black haired man appeared and sat at his usual place. Kyuhyun perspired more as he walked closer. He felt nervous, more nervous than when they were taking exams. Well, he was never nervous during exams anyways. His hand was shaking that he almost lose his grip on the bouquet he was holding. The heat was not helping him either. He was about to pass out, especially when the cute guy glanced his way.

No. He must endure. This is his future relationship we are talking about. There is no way he would let this rare chance to pass.

He walked closer, eyeing his crush like a prey. Not that the guy minded though. He was already blushing as Kyuhyun approach him, and it's not because of the afternoon heat.

When Kyuhyun was close enough, a well hidden portable speaker sounded and a rock tune could be heard. When it was on cue, Kyuhyun started singing.

 

♪♫ The night we met I knew I needed you so
And if I had the chance I'd never let you go
So won't you say you love me? I'll make you so proud of me
We'll make 'em turn their heads every place we go

So won't you, please?
(Be my, be my baby)
Be my little baby
(My one and only baby)
Say you'll be my darlin'
(Be my, be my baby)
Be my baby now
(My one and only baby)
Whoa oh oh oh

I'll make you happy, baby, just wait and see
For every kiss you give me, I'll give you three
Oh, since the day I saw you, I have been waiting for you
You know I will adore you 'til eternity

So won't you, please?
(Be my, be my baby)
Be my little baby
(My one and only baby)
Say you'll be my darlin'
(Be my, be my baby)
Be my baby now
(My one and only baby)
Whoa oh oh oh ♪♫

 

Kyuhyun repeated the chorus two more times and stopped as the track faded out. He knelt down and handed the shy and blushing man the bouquet as he prayed that the man won't notice the note.

But Alas! The favor was not on his side. The cute guy noticed the very noticeable purple note that says:

"To my most cutest guy on campus, Ryeowook. From Yesung." The guy read and frowned. The male beside him squealed in utter delight. Wait... there was another petite man beside him all these time?

"Hand it over Sungmin hyung. That's for me." The Ryeowook guy said, but Sungmin wanted to keep the flowers and the man who gave it.

Kyuhyun was still processing what was happening when a very hard blow behind his head brought him back to earth.

"Yah Kyuhyun! I told you to gave it to the most cutest guy." Yesung's very hoarse voice sounded. The three other male turned to him.

"The most cutest?" Sungmin reapeated.

"You think I'm cute?" Ryeowook shyly asked Yesung. And Yesung nodded bashfully.

"But he's the cutest." Kyuhyun pointed his hand at Sungmin, not aware that he indirectly confessed to the man in front of him.

Yesung looked at Sungmin.

"I didn't notice him before." He said to Kyuhyun. "I'm sorry, but can you please give the roses to Ryeowook." He asked Sungmin, who immediately handed the bouquet to the other petite man beside him.

Yesung invited Ryeowook to have lunch together, leaving Sungmin and Kyuhyun behind.

"So," Sungmin started to break the awkward silence. "you think I'm cute?"

Kyuhyun, who was still knelt on the ground just nodded his head.

"Kyuhyun-ssi right?" Kyuhyun nodded once more. "Do you still want me to be your baby?"

Sungmin chuckled when he saw Kyuhyun nodded again, but this time with a dorky smile.

 

 

 

 

Song: Be My Baby by Ronettes (there's a rock version which is nice.)

a/n: For those reading ARK, I know I'm on a hiatus, but I'm afraid my writing would get rusty.

I'm still busy, but I'm trying to type the next chapter. I already have 56 words for chapter 34! Woohoo! XD

I'm getting there. :')

I'll probably just pop out again and surprise you guys.

Until next time. Have a good day.