9# 사랑에 빠져본 적 있나요?

Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Oppa, you came.” Baekhyun’s girlfriend rose from her seat and smiled brightly. Baekhyun didn’t smiled back at her. He knew he tried so hard to act coldly in front of her, but he just reflected what he was feeling. He thought he had no business with her anymore. O-oh, he really became a heartless person now. It felt like he got mad for no reason, because his girlfriend didn’t know anything.

“I’ve waited almost 4 hours here.” his girlfriend giggled. She sat down on her chair as she saw him doing the same. “But, it’s okay. I don’t mind.”

He even didn’t want to hear her words. He didn’t care if she waited for so long. He came late on purpose. Well, not really. He had to work and he decided to come to the restaurant after the bank closed. He blamed her to choose the wrong time. It wasn’t his fault if he came late. Well, he didn’t need to feel guilty.

“Now talk.” He said.

She blinked and looked really puzzled. “What?”

“You say you want to talk. Now talk.” He couldn’t hold himself to say such cold words to her. Was he really angry at her? Yes, he really was.

She looked shocked at his action, but she tried to look cheerful as usual. “Don’t you want to order something? You must be hungry.” she was about to call out the waitress but he refused it.

“No, I had eaten already.” He said.

She looked disappointed but she smiled anyways. “Oh, really? I thought I could have lunch together with you.” she said bitterly.

“You can order something if you’re hungry.” he commented.

“O-okay.” she looked down and looked so hurt. Whatever, he didn’t care. After silence for some seconds, she looked up and stared at him. “Why are you like this, Oppa?”

“What?” he pretended to be a fool.

“What happened to you? Why are so cold like this to me?” she asked him, her eyes were a bit teary. “Did I do something wrong to you? Did I do something that makes you angry to me?”

Yes.

“This is not you, Oppa.” She said again after he didn’t give any reactions.

“This is not me?” his voice raised. She looked totally surprised, but he didn’t care. “Tell me, how am I in your eyes? If this were not me, then tell me the real me you know all these years.” He looked at her, annoyed. “Am I now not the stupid Byun Baekhyun you know? A stupid guy who gives all his heart to his girlfriend that she cheats with other guy? I’m now different because I’m not the stupid guy who is easily tricked by you anymore, am I right?”

He could see her frozen for some more seconds. She must remember about what she had done. Maybe she didn’t expect him to find out everything. She couldn’t think that her secret would be safe forever, right? Any secrets would be revealed someday, not except this one. Baekhyun thought he was lucky to find out about it. If he didn’t, he didn’t know how many years he would spend with her without even knowing the truth.

“Why? You don’t expect me to know everything?” he shot. Her face turned pale.

“O-Oppa, I can explain it to you.” she said, stuttering. She didn’t even protest, so it was really true she cheated? Sometimes Baekhyun didn’t believe it, actually he didn’t want to believe. He then remembered what the weird girl told him before.

Why, Baekhyun ssi? Why can’t you accept the truth that your girlfriend chooses over another guy than you?

He never could accept a fact easily. He never could.

“Explain it, then.” He leaned on his seat, waiting for her to explain.

She looked hesitated for a while. “H-how did you know about it?”

“I’ve seen it, the last time I called you.” he replied honestly. She looked frustrated and confused.

“I see,” she mumbled,” since then you never picked up my calls.”

“I have a reason, don’t you think?” he replied.

“Oppa, I hope you would listen to me.” she murmured. Her eyes were pleading. At that time, she really looked guilty. “I know I’m wrong, I dated other guy while I already have you by my side. But I regretted what I’ve done, Oppa.” She said. “I stopped meeting him, because I realize my true feelings are only for you. I’m so sorry, Oppa. Really, I’m really sorry.” He didn’t give her any reaction; she then reached his hand and held it tightly. “Oppa, you will forgive me, right?”

He sighed heavily. “Do you know how I was feeling at that time?” he asked. She started to cry. “I felt so freaking hurt that you lied to me, that you were with other guy.” His voice croaked. He felt his chest in pain. He was revealing, opening a wound he never wanted to talk about anymore. But, now he decided to face it. He didn’t want to run away anymore.

Do you ever ask to yourself why your girlfriend cheats? You should think that something’s wrong with you, something that makes her want to leave you for other guy, something that is more interesting that leaving you is the right choice to make.

“Why did you do that to me? Why did you leave me for him?” he asked bitterly.

He didn’t get it why he always remembered the weird girl’s words. Well, she told him facts he didn’t even want to know. But that was true. He needed to know the reason.

She was all quiet; her grip on his hand was slowly loosened. He glanced at her hand and then her face. He knew she was all scared, scared to reveal the truth.

“Am I not good enough to be your boyfriend? Did you cheat because I’m not good enough?” he asked. “Is that true?” she gave him no answers. She just looked down at the table. He sighed heavily. “What does he have that I don’t have? Does he have everything I don’t have? Does he know you better than I do? Does he care for you more than I do?”

She looked up at him. “Oppa, stop asking those questions. I know these all are my faults.” She croaked. “I promise I will do better. I will change. I won’t see another guy. I won’t disappoint you anymore. I promise.” She took his hand and held it tight once again.

Baekhyun released her hand from his. “I don’t think I can be with you anymore.” he said. “Let’s break up.”

“Oppa!” she cried. “Please, Oppa, don’t leave me. I don’t want to break up from you.” she shook her head. “No. no.” she almost screamed.

“Why can’t I leave you? You’ve left me.” those words escaped his mouth.

“Oppa, I promise I’ll do better. I’ve told you, that’s my fault. I’m sorry, but I still want to be with you. I want us to be together again.” she held his hand even tightly. “it hurts me the way you treated me these days. It really hurt me… I realized that it wasn’t the thing I want, to be with that guy. I want you.

“I don’t want anybody else but you.”

He was confused at that time. He thought that they had been together for years, as friends, as lovers. Just because of one mistake, he tried to push over her from his life? He was too much, he knew that.

He looked at her intently. Should I believe her words? Will she hurt me again next time? What if she’s lying? She doesn’t mean what she said. What if.. what if..

They went out the restaurant after minutes without talking. She grabbed his hand before he left. He turned around and looked at her. She looked so uneasy. But then she walked closer to him, tiptoeing and kissing him. He was too surprised that he couldn’t say anything. All of sudden all their happy memories were played in his head. Those memories, how could he forget them? How could he? Weren’t they important to him? How could he do such careless action as forgetting them?

Baekhyun closed his eyes. Before that, in the corner of his eyes, he could see the weird girl not far from them, looking at them, standing like a statue.

 

 

“Why are you dragging me away from there?” the girl protested as they were already far from the restaurant.

“You’re not safe there.” Lu Han replied, not looking back at her and just kept walking. All he needed to do was dragging her away from the teller. He found himself mad for no reason. Well, the teller made her hurt, that was the most reasonable reason Lu Han could think of. He didn’t know who the lady with the teller was; she was maybe the girlfriend the girl and the teller talked about yesterday.

“It’s already far from there.” she reminded Lu Han, stopped walking. He was puzzled to find her stop walking but he then did the same.

“Uh, okay.” he awkwardly said. He himself didn’t know where he wanted to take her, but he wanted the girl far from the restaurant. As long as they were far from the teller, it would be better, it would be good.

She looked at him intently and then looked down at his hand. “Could you please let go of my hand?”

Lu Han didn’t realize that he was holding her hand all the way they got here. He was embarrassed and quickly released her hand. “I’m sorry!”

She stared blankly at him. He couldn’t say she was mad at him because he had dragged her away. He couldn’t read her expression. That was confusing sometimes.

“You’re okay?” Lu Han stared at her, worried. He was worried that she might get hurt.

She snorted. “So, do you think I will get hurt if I see him with his girlfriend?” Lu Han blinked confusedly. The girl then continued,”you have to know that I’ve been followed him months ago. I got used to see him with his girlfriend. I won’t get hurt. Why must I get hurt?”

He was dumbfounded. “He hurts you with his words and then with his action. He’s totally an evil person.” He blabbered. “If I were you, yesterday I had been punching him on the face.” he added. He was irritated, and he really wanted to punch the teller right now. Well, he couldn’t do that, could he?

“Why do you care?” she asked him, looking at his eyes. “Why do you care so much about me?” she asked him once again.

“Ah... That…” he lost his words. How could he say that, the answer? Why did he care so much about her? Who was her to him? He was just a stalker, right? Did stalker care so much about the person he followed? Even for feeling things? Okay, okay, why did he care about her, anyway? He shouldn’t interfere with her problems. He shouldn’t do that. He…

“I’m alright, as you see. Don’t care so much about me.” that was what she said later. Lu Han was about to say something as she said, “I’m hungry. You’re hungry?”

Lu Han blinked. Before he realized, the girl walked toward a restaurant. “Hey, wait!” he ran.

They spent some more hours in the restaurant. It was t

Please log in to read the full chapter