005

Vetitus Amoris Academy

A/N: just a warning, there is going to be a leetle bit of swearing but i felt like it wasn’t enough to make the chapter mature so… yeah

 

Sungjong POV

 

Hmph, those hyungs have no idea what they are talking about, Sungjong thought as he sauntered into the mess room. He carefully scanned over the food choices, only picking the ones he knew are low calorie. After he was done picking his food, Sungjong settled down in a table next to Woohyun and Sungyeol, sitting across from his brother, Sunggyu.

 

“You guys should be grateful I am sitting with you guys instead of those boys who appreciate me,” Sungjong said winking at the boys, who were once again staring at him. Woohyun and Sungyeol both rolled their eyes while Sunggyu just gave a half-hearted smile, picking at his food. Sungjong didn’t miss the worried caring look that Woohyun sent Sunggyu. Sungjong giggled to himself, Looks like my hyung got a secret admirer.

 

Suddenly, the expression on Woohyun’s face darkened as Sunggyu called out to a dark-haired boy standing in the middle of the room. The boy looked up but didn’t come over. Sunggyu sighed and walked over and pulled the boy over. Sungjong suddenly realized that it was the prince. He could see a flash of gratefulness in the prince’s eyes before his face became expressionless again. Sungjong was about to open his mouth when he remembered to call Myungsoo, L.

 

“Errr… Hello, Prince L,” Sungjong stuttered, his head slightly bowed.

 

“Speak normally around me, “ L answered coldly, his voice very quiet yet commanding. Sungjong could hear the animosity in his voice. Woohyun seemed naturally repelled by L’s attitude while Sungyeol just seemed… well… like Sungyeol.

 

After that, everyone at the table ate quietly until Sunggyu spoke up, “It seems like we will be in the same room, L-sshi.” L just lowered his head once in agreement and then resumed eating.

 

Sungjong was not satisfied. “Look here, L-sshi. I know my brother is trying to be nice but don’t expect me to be the slightest bit kind to you. You don’t have to be nice but at least try to be polite,” Sungjong snapped, annoyed at the attitude L had towards his older brother.

 

L seemed to not be react only to quietly pick up his tray and attempt to move away from the table. Sunggyu suddenly latched onto his arm and Sungjong could see the pleading in Sunggyu’s eyes. Why is Sunggyu caring so much about someone who he just met? Sungjong thought. Sungjong could see something flash, just for a moment, in L’s eyes. Something almost like remorse. But then his eyes turned completely void of emotion and he just slowly sank back down into the seat again with an almost inaudible sigh.

 

Sungyeol POV

 

Sungyeol munched on the leaves of his salad quietly as Sungjong let out his steam. Suddenly Woohyun brightened up.

 

“Over here! Over here, Dongwoo-ah!” Woohyun yelled, waving his hand at a pair of Praela kids standing pretty close to where L was standing earlier.

 

“Ah! Hello, Woohyun. Could we sit with you guys?” Dongwoo asked as he approached the table. Ah, so it was Hoya standing next to Dongwoo, Sungyeol thought as they came closer. Sungyeol gulped audibly; he could feel the sweat trickling down his back as the two approached. What if he asks me? Sungyeol thought nervously. They sat across from Sungyeol. Hoya sat very close to Dongwoo, almost protectively.

 

“Hoya-ah, move over a bit, “ Dongwoo said, nudging Hoya a little to the right.

 

“Sorry, must be a habit,” Hoya replied.

 

Habit? How is that a habit? Sungyeol thought as everyone finished their dinner. L still hadn’t touched his food and was just sitting there, staring at his tray. Sungyeol felt a chill down the back of his neck. There was something about L that made him very uneasy.

 

Sungyeol turned around and headed to dump his tray. As he was about to exit the room, Sungyeol noticed Hoya approaching him. Hoya opened his mouth and was about to say something. Sungyeol froze, his limbs not obeying his mind screaming for him to hurry up and get out of there. No, no, no, Sungyeol thought as his mind melted into panic.

 

Hoya POV

 

As Hoya walked closer to Sungyeol, he could sense the younger stiffen. From where he was, Hoya could see the expression of panic on Sungyeol’s face. He had meant to ask Sungyeol about the incident in the bathroom but decided against it after seeing the terror on Sungyeol’s face.

 

“Hey, Hoya!” Dongwoo called, “Do you want to go see our room first or get our luggage first.”

 

“Let’s get our luggage first,” Hoya replied as they both headed towards the front hall where everyone had left their belongings.

 

As they went closer, they could hear loud voices chattering and laughing loudly as well as a few insults and jeering catcalls. Hoya and Dongwoo finally turned the corner and saw the owners of the voices. It was Siwon and his groupies. They were pushing a kid around.

 

“What? You gonna call your ‘best friend forever and ever?’”

 

Hoya and Dongwoo looked at each other worriedly and quickened their steps. When they finally turned the last corner, they saw a ring of people towering over a boy slumped on the ground. Hoya recognized the voice as Choi Siwon.

 

Siwon kicked the figure on the ground. “So you’re gonna act brave, eh? No more best friends crap? I’m surprised,” he taunted.

 

Hoya instinctively took a small step forward, ready to defend whoever was on the ground, only to be blocked by Dongwoo. He could see the anger and helplessness in Dongwoo’s eyes and glared back. Dongwoo sighed, “You’re outnumbered and you know I’m no good at hand to hand combat.” Hoya knew Dongwoo was right but still felt extremely frustrated.

 

“You think you can run away from me just by changing departments?” Siwon’s voice suddenly turned from playful and taunting to something a lot more serious, almost murderous as he tugged the boy up by his hair. Hoya could finally see who it was.

 

Despite a few bruises and dried blood from a cut on his cheek, Hoya could easily tell from the maroon hair and owlish eyes that it was Kyungsoo, or D.O., as everyone called him. He had just switched from Praela to Aliqui this morning. Everyone thought that he had moved just because he wasn’t particularly good at fighting but perhaps…

 

Run away? Why would he want to - oh no! He must have been bullied, Hoya thought. He started forward and was surprised to feel Dongwoo follow him. Hoya turned and saw a mixture of determination and anger on his face. An unspoken message passed between the two; they were going to help D.O. They were starting forward when Hoya was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

 

“You guys stay out of this. I’ll handle it,” a voice spoke as the person swept past the two.

 

“What are you doing, Siwon-sshi?” a cold voice rang out, a voice that was used to being obeyed.

 

Siwon turned around, with an annoyed expression on his face, before he opened his eyes wide in shock and kneeled. “I - I apologize, Your Majesty,” he gasped.

 

“I’m sure you have much to apologize for,” the figure turned, “now tell me, Dongwoo, what exactly was going on here?” he said smiling good naturedly with just the slightest hint of deadly anger simmering underneath. Hoya dropped down into a kneel. It was common protocol in front of the Praela prince after all. Dongwoo, being the grand vizier’s son, didn’t have to.

 

“I’m pretty sure you saw most of it, Your Majesty,” Dongwoo said the last part playfully. The other laughed, “Just drop the formalities and call me Kai. Hoya, get up. I already said you didn’t have to do that anymore.” The grinning male offered a hand to Hoya and he took it gratefully.

 

Kim Jongin, better known as Kai amongst his close friends, was taller than both Dongwoo and Hoya. He was tan and good-looking, with plump lips that the palace maids “wouldn’t dare fantasize about.” (at least from what Hoya heard)

 

“Now,” Kai said, turning back to Siwon, “I’m tired and really don’t want to deal with you today so just scram and take your bags with you because if I see you again, I swear I will snap your ing neck if I see you again.” Although Kai had said it all with an easygoing smile on his face, there was an edge to his voice that made all occupants in the room shiver. Siwon was obviously sweating a lot as he hauled his bag and himself out of the room. He must’ve been desperate to have knocked over a few of his followers in his haste to get away.

 

As soon as the last of his followers disappeared, Kai rushed over to D.O., who had collapsed on the ground, unconscious. Kai carefully cradled Kyungsoo’s head in his lap. He glanced at Hoya and Dongwoo, “You guys go on ahead. It’s already pretty late. I’ll take him to the infirmary.” Hoya nodded hesitantly and they both hurried to get their suitcases.

 

Dongwoo POV

 

After they got their suitcases, they left the hall. Before turning the corner, Dongwoo, being the worried umma he is, stole one last look at D.O. in Kai’s lap. Just in time to see Kai bend down and carefully peck D.O. on the lips. Because best friends do that… right? Dongwoo thought.

 

[Flashback] (3 years ago)

 

Dongwoo’s group of friends staggered around, completely drunk, except for Dongwoo and D.O., both hadn’t drank a single drop of alcohol that night.

 

Kai giggled, “Hey guyzzzzz! Why don’t we play a game?” Yes, Kim Jongin, THE crown prince of the Praela Kingdom is 100% drunk, despite being able to hold his alcohol well. He must of drank, what, 9 glasses of alcohol already, Dongwoo thought as the rest of his friends, laughing uncontrollably, agreed.

 

“Sooooo, its gonna be the dare game,” Kai hiccuped, “Howzzat sound?” Everyone agreed. Kai turned to Hoya, who was standing to the side, looking just the slightest bit tipsy. (err… basically just barely sober) “Hoyaaaaaaaa, I dare you to kiss someone in 10 seconds, okaaay? 10… 9… “ Hoya shook his head, “Do I really have to do this?”

 

“Yes, crown prince’s orders,” Kai mumbled, smiling cheesily at D.O., who blushed slightly.

 

Hoya sighed and walked over to Dongwoo. He stared into Dongwoo’s eyes. “I’m sorry, hyung,” Hoya mumbled before pressing his lips onto Dongwoo’s.

 

Dongwoo opened his eyes in shock. His heartbeat suddenly sped up so much he felt like everyone could hear it even over the loud music and voices. He could still feel the tingling sensation on his lips after Hoya moved away. Everyone was staring at then with open mouths.

 

“Hoya, um… that was just a joke you know,” Kai said.

 

Hoya suddenly looked really embarrassed. “But it’s okay with you right hyung?” Hoya asked Dongwoo, “because we’re best friends?”

 

Dongwoo’s heart tightened. He felt like it hurt so much he was going to split into two. Dongwoo laughed it off nervously, “Y-yeah, because we’re best friends.” Hoya and the rest seemed satisfied with his answer and went back to normal (aka completely drunk) as if nothing had happened.

 

Dongwoo returned to the conversation with a fake smile plastered on his face, his heart still aching.













 

A/N: in the next chapter it will start in normal time (not flashback)

also, that party is the same one myungsoo was at

just clarifying something in case there are unclear parts

 

aliqui is mainly magic/wizard

praela is mainly physical combat

apella is mainly summoning

 

also in case any of you guys noticed, I ship Taoris and Kaisoo really hard. he he

any siwon fans out there, er… i don’t have anything against him, it just seemed like he would be a good character for that role…

i don't know if its just me or does beakhyun look like eric nam and bam bam look like kyung from block b?

waaaaaahhhhhhhh poor dongwoo…

 

also i still need suggestions for sungjong’s partner

 

PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT

 

like really… do comment




(wow my author's notes are really random)