003

Vetitus Amoris Academy

***Note: as you are reading this, keep in mind that there is still some modern stuff in the story. also this chapter is kind of like the information chapter so you guys kind of get how the school system is. if you have any questions please comment i’m just going to type hoya as hoya because i keep typing hoya instead of howon so i give up...

 

Dongwoo POV

 

Dongwoo walked down the hall along with Howon and the rest of the Praela students to their orientation. He finally arrived at the room and found a seat in the back of the room. Dongwoo looked around, trying to find Howon, and suddenly locked eyes with him. Hoya seemed to still be a bit annoyed at Dongwoo helping him earlier but otherwise, he seemed fine.

 

“Alright everyone! First of all, all of you will have 3 required classes, one shared class, and 1 optional class. The first of the three required classes is Weapon Forming. The second class is Element Bonding. The third class is how to use your spiritual energy to heighten your senses and physical abilities, Sense Heightening. The shared class is basically a combat class shared with students from other departments. You will learn how to fight against Aliqui and and Apella as well as fellow students in Praela. For the optional classes, there is a list posted outside the main building that you guys can take a look at later. Alright, I’m going to pass your schedule to each of you. There will be a slot that says optional class. For today, that will be a free period where you can go explore the school or visit some of the classes to see what they do. In the other departments, they will be divided into transfers and non-transfers but since most transfers to Praela are already physically fit I see no reason to do so. Okay, now I will give you guys a tour of the school. Follow along now.”

 

All the students except for Howon stood up and slowly shuffled out of the room. Dongwoo noticed him still sitting down, gasping, and stopped. “Hoya, hurry up!” Dongwoo said. Hoya looked up at him with a pained expression, “I… I think I broke a rib earlier,” he mumbled, “I can’t breathe…”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Dongwoo hissed as Hoya winced and looked up at him apologetically. “I should go tell Bi. You need to go to the nurse” “No! I… I’ll handle it myself…” Hoya grimaced in pain as he tried to stand up but collapsed back into the chair, “I can’t let Bi find out…” Dongwoo sighed, “Aish, you little kid! Here, just hold onto my arm and stay close to me. Try not to limp. We can get Tao and Kris to cover for us while we go to the private restroom. I’ll bandage it.” Hoya hesitantly nodded in agreement and slowly stood up, holding onto Dongwoo’s arm.

 

Dongwoo’s heart skipped a beat as he felt Howon wrapped his fingers around his wrist. He  gulped audibly as Hoya finally pulled himself upright and rested some of his weight on Dongwoo. “Let’s go,” he rasped as they both both went into the hallway. The rest of the Praela group were already turning the corner except for Tao and Kris. Dongwoo quickly told them and started into the direction of the bathroom. Dongwoo sighed mentally I can’t keep doing this… I just can’t… Why do you make me feel this way, Hoya?

 

Sunggyu POV

 

Sunggyu sighed as he walked down the hallway, following the rest of the Apella crowd to the Apella mess room. After he sat down in a chair in the corner, he felt someone else settle into the seat beside him. Sunggyu turned to look and saw the other transfer, Prince Kim Myungsoo. Myungsoo was sitting with his knees drawn to his chest and his face was extremely pale. He was holding a wrinkled old photograph and gazing at it, his face conflicted. He was wearing a long sleeved black shirt but Sunggyu could see something just past the sleeve.

 

Wait a second.. Sunggyu thought are those bandages? He reached over and grabbed Myungsoo’s arm. Myungsoo winced and struggled to keep his arms in front of him but Sunggyu yanked his arms and rolled up his sleeves. There were bandages wrapped messily all the way from his elbows to his hands, some of them already starting to stain red.

 

“Are you okay?” Sunggyu asked worriedly. Myungsoo’s pained face suddenly turned cold and devoid of emotion as he yanked his arms out of Sunggyu’s grasp. His eyes said a different story, however, and Sunggyu could tell Myungsoo was definitely not feeling well.

 

“HELLO GUYZZZZ!!!! I’M NO GOOD AT EXPLAINING THESE THINGS SO I WILL PASS THE MIC TO KWANGHEE!!! HE IS A SENIOR STUDENT PRESIDENT AT THE ACADEMY AND WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!!!” G-Dragon yelled excitedly. He passed the mic to a man standing next to him.

 

“Hello new students. I am currently the student body president, Hwang Kwanghee! I will be explaining all of your classes. If you have any questions, please ask them later. So, all of you guys will have three required classes, a shared class, and one optional class. As a first-year, you guys will have Beast Summoning, Demon Summoning, and Power Bonding. Your teachers will give you a better description of their classes. There will be a list of your optional classes posted outside the main building. The shared class will be a combat class with Aliqui and Praela. Usually we would divide into two groups, transfers and non-transfers, but we only have 2 transfers, so I guess you guys will kind of have a semi-private lesson,” Kwanghee starts walking toward the door, “Follow me guys, I’ll give you a tour of the school.”

 

There was a loud scraping sound as chairs were pushed back and everyone stood up to follow Kwanghee. Myungsoo, pale and sickly, swayed slightly and Sunggyu looked back worriedly. Myungsoo glared back at him. Sunggyu hesitated for a second before slowly walking out. He could hear footsteps behind him as Myungsoo followed him.

 

Sungyeol POV

 

“Have any of you guys seen Hoya?” Sungyeol asked.

 

Woohyun and Sungjong looked at him weirdly. “Why would we see him?” Sungjong said, “He’s in Praela.”

 

“Besides, why do you want to see him anyway?” Woohyun asked.

 

“I just wanted to give something to him… Never mind,” Sungyeol chuckled nervously. Woohyun and Sungjong looked at him strangely before they turned to Lady Taeyeon.

 

“Hello students. My throat is not well today so I will give each of you a paper describing what I would usually say. Please read it quietly in your own time. Now, follow me. We are going on a tour of the school,” Lady Taeyeon said.

 

Sungyeol turned to his friends as they all stood up.

 

“Hey guys, could you cover for me? I need to go to bathroom really quickly,” Sungyeol said, “Also, Sungjong, I know you aren’t supposed to do this but could you teleport and help me deliver something?”

 

Sungjong raised one eyebrow, “Really? Me, the great and mighty prodigy, Lee Sungjong, isn’t willing to help his friend? Of course, I deem thou worthy of my help.”

 

“You know, you really are different than that perfect goody-goody image you keep up,” Woohyun sighed.

 

“Thanks Sungjong,” Sungyeol said and hurried off.

 

As soon as he got there, he closed the door and sat down on the ground. Sungyeol got out a small vial and a small knife. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Yah, Lee Sungyeol, it will only hurt a little bit. Hoya helped you so you are going to help him back, Sungyeol thought as he let the breath out and the knife slowly inched its way down on his arm. Suddenly the door opened and two guys walked in, one supporting the other, who was breathing heavily.

 

A/N: Sorry for the short chappie. lots of stuff to do for finals…

probably a longer chapter next time... hopefully...