002

Vetitus Amoris Academy

***Note: if there are words in italics it means it is the characters thoughts.

 

Myungsoo POV

 

Myungsoo only had a towel around his waist when Sungyeol opened the door. Sungyeol opened his mouth in surprise and seemed to want to say something but Myungsoo quickly clapped his hand over Sungyeol’s mouth, yanked him into the room, and shut the door.

 

Myungsoo breathed a sigh of relief as he turned to Sungyeol, who was still sprawled out in an ungraceful heap on the floor.

 

“What are you doing here!” he hissed, narrowing his eyes. Sungyeol looked up at him indignantly, rubbing the back of his head, “I was just trying to find a bathroom.”

 

Oh… Myungsoo thought guiltily. He crossed his arms. “Just hurry up and leave,” he sighed waving his hands in a shooing gesture.

 

“But… but the other bathrooms are all full,” Sungyeol stuttered, his eyes wide and innocent.

 

“This is a private bathroom for a reason,” Myungsoo said.

 

“But you didn’t lock the door,” said Sungyeol.

 

Myungsoo mentally face-palmed himself, Aish! How could I be so careless! “Anyway, can you just get out, I’m doing something here!”

 

Sungyeol’s gaze wandered over to the rest of the bathroom and his eyes widened slightly.

 

Sungyeol POV

 

There were bandages and salves all over the floor as well as a few drops of dried blood. Just then, Sungyeol noticed Myungsoo’s arms. There were scars crisscrossing from his wrists to his elbows as well as a few fresh cuts, still dripping blood.

 

Myungsoo seemed to notice and quickly hid his arms behind him.

 

“Hurry up and get out!” he yelled and shoved Sungyeol out the door. Sungyeol could hear the lock click into place.

 

What happened to him…? Sungyeol thought Is he okay? He shook his head. It’s none of my business anyway Sungyeol thought as he walked back to crowded bathrooms. He was suddenly bumped into from behind and almost fell when a strong hand grabbed his and pulled him along into a run.

 

It was the first Praela candidate, Lee Howon. He kept glancing behind him and Sungyeol finally noticed there were people chasing him. Sungyeol slowed down a bit, out of breath, but Howon hissed, “Hurry up! If they catch you, you’re going to be one of their targets, too!”

 

Sungyeol quickened his pace but the people who were chasing were from Praela and they caught up easily as Sungyeol was dragging Howon down. Howon suddenly turned a corner and quickly darted into a room. He clapped his hand over Sungyeol’s mouth as most of them ran by. However, the leader of the group noticed the two in the room and walked in.

 

“So.. I see you’re so snuggly and close with that Aliqui of yours. Not hiding behind Dongwoo anymore, hmmm?” he snickered, his minions nervously laughed along. Hoya glared defiantly at them as he stepped protectively in front of Sungyeol, “Just leave this kid out of it, okay?” “Leave him out of this? Leave him out of what? After all, the more the merrier,” the leader chuckled. He turned to Sungyeol, “My name is Choi Siwon. You should remember that when you are begging for mercy.”

 

Siwon suddenly lunged forward and grabbed Howon by the collar, shoving him into to the wall behind him. Howon coughed up blood and slowly sank to the floor as Siwon proceeded to punch and kick him over and over again. Sungyeol could only watch, frozen, as he tried to think of how to help.

 

Suddenly, time stopped. Two young men stepped into the room.

 

“Aish, why does Dongwoo-hyung always tell us to do the dirty work!” the young man on the right complained.

 

“I know. Tao, just hurry up and get on with it,” said the brown haired guy.

 

“Alright, alright, Kris, you know the drill,” sighed Tao as he turned to Sungyeol and unfroze Sungyeol with a kiss to his cheek.

 

“This is what I hate about using my power, Kris. Why do I have to touch other people’s dirty faces!?!?!! Aish, stupid Dongwoo-hyung! And obviously the worst thing is that to have the quickest effect I have to kiss them on the lips! At least you don’t have to do that!” Tao complained.

 

“I know, I know, just hurry up already,” Kris grumbled, already getting annoyed at the younger’s complaints.

 

Tao also unfroze Howon. Sungyeol finally unfroze completely and blinked in surprise at the people standing above him.

 

“Thanks guys,” Howon said as Kris reached out a hand to help him up. “I really don’t know what Dongwoo-hyung sees in you,” Kris sighed as Howon brushed himself off.

 

Sungyeol was surprised. “I thought… aren’t you from the Aliqui kingdom? How are you so familiar with Dongwoo?” he said pointing at Tao.

 

“Aish, another idiot,” Tao sighed, “all members of the royal family and the grand vizier’s family of all kingdoms know each other. Although this is the first time I’ve actually seen L since he was 8…”

 

Sungyeol was puzzled, “L? Who’s that?”

 

“See what I mean?!” Tao looked at Kris, exasperated, “Your prince doesn’t let anyone call him by his real name. I heard that once, when someone called him that, he slapped that person right across the face. The mark was there for a week. No one knows why though.”

 

Sungyeol shuddered, thinking about how painful it must have felt.

 

“Anyway, let’s hurry up and get going,” Kris said as he and Tao exited the room.

 

Sungyeol suddenly noticed Howon standing behind him. “Let’s get going?” Sungyeol said tentatively.

 

Howon just stared at him blankly for a second before turning toward the door sharply and briskly strided out. Man, what is wrong with him Sungyeol wondered as he, too, left the room, leaving the still frozen figures behind.

 

Howon POV

 

Howon could hear the shouts behind him as time finally started again for the rest of the world and he quickened his pace. He could feel his blood still dripping from all over himself and hoped it wouldn’t leave a trail for the others to follow. Howon could see the room where Dongwoo and him always meet up. As he stepped into the room, he could see Dongwoo’s face first brighten up then crease into worry as he saw all the blood.

 

Before Dongwoo could react, Hoya yelled, “I could’ve handled it myself!!! Why did you have to send the panda freak and alien weirdo to help me!!! You know I don’t like it!!! Siwon will only see me as weak!!!”

 

Dongwoo flinched but then started forward with cloths in his hands. “Are you okay?” he asked worriedly as he fussed over Howon, “Oh no! What are we going to do about that cut on your jaw! It’s definitely going to leave a scar…”

 

Howon instantly felt guilty and let Dongwoo bandage his wounds before sitting back on the floor. Dongwoo sighed, “What happened this time?”

 

“You know exactly what happened… I just really feel sorry for that Aliqui kid who got caught up in the fight,” Howon sighed.

“Which Aliqui kid?” Dongwoo asked.

“Errr… the over-hyper tall one with the chubby cheeks? I don’t know his name though…” Howon said.

“Oh, well… just remember to thank him for me the next time you see him,” Dongwoo said as he straightened up from his bent-over position. Howon got up as well and followed him out the door.

 

It was finally time for the lunch meeting. It was the one of the few times where people from different departments could talk and interact with one another.  

 

Dongwoo POV

 

Bi is about to make an announcement.

“Alright everyone, listen up! This is really important information! First of all, all departments have 3 required individual classes, 2 optional classes, and 1 shared class with all departments together. Got that?!" Everyone echoed yes back. "Okay, kids! Go on back to eating!” Bi yelled as he turned around and sat back down at the teacher’s table.

 

Suddenly, Lady Taeyeon stood up. “Wait a second,” she called, “Mister Bi, you forgot the three rules.” Bi turned back and grinned sheepishly,”You can say them Lady Taeyeon. Lady Taeyeon cleared , “Alright everyone, listen up again! There are pretty much no rules here except for these three! Number 1: there is to be no killing or intentional injuring of other students and staff! Number 2: you are not allowed to use powers without permission from a teacher or official! And most importantly number 3: there is to be no romantic relationship of any kind, regardless of gender, especially in between departments! That is all!” She then smiled her dark aura smile and sat back down. Dongwoo felt his heart sinking as he heard the last rule, Oh no.




<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


 

Author’s Note: I know, I know... I’m sorry for being mean to L and Hoya… you know… the blood stuffs…

 

Still, hope you guys liked it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give comments and opinions below!!! It will be really helpful. The chapter is a bit short again… sorry, just trying to get in a bit of everyone’s thoughts but failing miserably…

 

Sorry for updating so late… finals are coming up soon… so sad… we have finals even in middle school… it’s really depressing…. sigh…

All my friends in the swim team always tell me how sad they are to not have finals because if they did, they would get to miss swim practice to study. They have no idea how HORRIBLE it is… sigh…

 

I’m not sure what idol would be good for an antagonist in the Apella kingdom… any ideas?

 

Anyway….

 

What happened to L?

What is the current relationship between Hoya and Dongwoo?

What about Kris and Tao?

Why does Dongwoo seem so miserable?

Who knows… even I’m not sure...