CHAPTER 8: FATE. PROPHECY. DESTINY

Make Me Smile (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sunhwa and her unnie’s were gone Kai intently look at his room and he sighed. He can’t control his emotion after everything that happened. The destroyed room is not the room he remembered but a tingling pain is still beating in his heart. The moment Kai closes his eye ,the familiar face of the girl he had love so hard crosses his mind, but the shout from Kris made him open his eyes and face reality.

 

‘They’re being ambush on the way. I will go. Stay here. No matter what happens.’ Kris said with authority before he runs to the garage and took his bike. Suho, Sehun and Chanyeol went with Kris while D.O and Lay was left to locate the van being driven by Baekhyun.

 

After a minute the location stat was sent right away and just for a second Kris was firing his gun straight to a 4x4 while fending off the other car that is trying to block their way. It’s impossible not to curse but in that moment Kris and the rest had said every word related with cursing.

 

The gun fight lasted for an hour before the enemy left when they realize that they are out of ammunition. Kris was so enrage that he wanted to follow them but he realize that he needed to take back their precious princess. He went beside the van and knocks the door.

 

The window to the driver seat was rolled down and before he realize he can’t control himself from shaking. He can’t understand what Baekhyun was saying because he can feel the pain on the side of his limb. He can’t believe that he was shot. He staggered to stand but the darkness that succumb him made him curse for the hundredth time.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand memorize the words graphitized on the back of the 4x4 when realization hit him but the memory he tries to remember was already eating him. When suddenly he heard a thug and his questioning face turns into a worried one.

 

Hana went at the back seat together with her sister’s as they put Kris beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun tries to drive faster but securely because he can see that Hyosung is trying to calm Sunhwa down.

 

When they arrive at the Wolf’s mansion Lay tried his best to secure the limb that was shot. Lay took out the bullet and he was worried because Kris was shot three times. Blood profusely bleed and Lay can’t stop it. Lay froze for a moment when Sunhwa went beside him and heal Kris’s wound. The bleeding stop and the wounds are slowly closing when Sunhwa suddenly collapses in Lay’s arms.

 

Lay took her to the bed beside Kris and he can’t believe that a girl, so young, is wanted by a lot of people. He feels like he needed to protect Sunhwa. He feels like an idiot for treating her bad but as he stared at her, his brotherly instinct, just tap his heart. He made a mental promise that he will protect Sunhwa from now on.

 

Lay suddenly turns his head when he heard someone cleared its throat. Lay intently look at Kai but Kai just motion him to get out. Lay wanted to say something but he can feel that Kai needs time to be able to accept the curse that fell upon their family.

Lay knows how broken Kai is ,because of the past they tries to bury, but as he close the door he can see something in Kai’s eyes as their leader looks longingly at the girl.

 

Lay gently close the door and went directly at the center wing of the house. He looks at the faces of his brothers and he can see that they are angry. Lay can also sense the anger in the eyes of the vampires.

 

‘They’re both okay. Kris hyung will be kicking our asses in no time while sh---’

 

‘Her name is Sunhwa.’ Hyosung gently says as she let her guard down.

 

‘We need to have a plan about everything. We are all in the hands of death. This is not just about our families anymore. It is about the life of each race that we have to protect from our enemies.’ Luhan said as he tries not to curse under his breath.

 

The group fell into a silent reverie that no one spoke until Kai’s voice boomed in their ears.

 

‘I want to know who ambush you a while ago. I’m afraid that we need to be vigilant of our actions. We need to stay as one because it is the only way that we can protect each other. I’m afraid that Sunhwa will stay here until we kill each and every one of our enemies.’

 

‘I agree with you but I have to be here for Sunhwa. The three of us needs to be here. She needs us more than she needs you.’

 

‘Hyosung we are now being targeted as a weapon by the entire enemies that wants us dead and the only plan I am thinking is to know more about our history. We also need to have the artifacts that connected the vampires and the wolves before the war erupted 800 years ago.’

 

‘We can be of help. The three of us knows about the artifacts and the locations of it but we need the Book of Prophecy use by the wolves to see the exact locations. What we know is that the orb of light was in Thailand, the ring of life is somewhere in Japan, and the sword of courage is in China.’

 

‘You said that there are four artifacts. Where can we find the fourth one?’ Luhan asks as he eyed Hyosung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter