Chapter 9

Just Let Go

 

"Welcome to my dorm." 

Jaeyun just stood outside the doorway, at a loss for words. She vowed to herself that she would act completely normal as if nothing had happened. But the second she saw his face, she forgot everything she promised. So she just stood there, staring at him, trying to get her words out.

"Well, hello to you too." Zelo said, breaking the silence. He moved to the side and motioned for Jaeyun to come in. Zelo realized that she was reluctant to come inside and decide to reassure her. "You can come in, you know." 

Jaeyun slowly nodded and walked inside. 'I have to stop acting like this.' She made a mental note. 'I must act normal.' 

She looked around the house curiously. She saw one big couch sitting in the middle of the room with a flat screen television facing it. The kitchen was open and connected to the living room. She looked further and saw a hallway filled with different rooms. The interior was quite simple, really. 

"Do you live here by yourself?" Jaeyun finally brought herself to say. 

"Oh, no." Zelo chuckled. "I live here with my hyungs. They're just at practice right now." 

"Oh." Jaeyun nodded, finally understanding. 

There was a slight awkward silence before Zelo put his hands in his pockets and spoke. "So, shall we start?" 

He walked down the hall and entered one of the rooms. In a matter of moments, he came back with the doll in his hand."Here's Sera!" He cheered. 

Jaeyun's heart skipped a beat. She knew this was going to happen. After seeing what Zelo had done to Sera in her dream, she couldn't bear seeing him touch her in real life. She had planned on not letting him touch her the whole time, but that was near impossible. 

"Has she been well?" Jaeyun silently asked. 

"Yeah, of course! The day we got the baby, I went out and bought everything! Diapers, food, and all that jazz!" He lifted his free hand and made jazz hands. Jaeyun blinked at his odd behavior. She was close to letting out a small laugh when suddenly Zelo said something that made her freeze in her place. 

"I'm going to be a great father, right?"

 

'What?' 

 

Jaeyun's breathing started to quicken. She didn't dare to look up at him. She didn't want to hear that laugh. That evil, wretched laugh that made her whole body shiver. She just wanted to run; to run as fast as she could and never look back. But running wasn't an option now. No, not at all. 

The images kept replaying in her head. Zelo's sadistic smirk was so vivid. She remembered the way he laughed when he threw Sera; and the way his laugh grew louder to the point where she thought she would become deafened by it. All of it came rushing back to her. She tried to shove those memories to the back of her mind but she couldn't. It was just so terrifying. She couldn't hold it in anymore. Her vision became blurred with tears as she stared at the ground. She was so scared. 

"...Jaeyun?" Zelo called out. But she didn't answer. She just stood there shaking. He stood quiet, unsure of what to do. He slowly walked closer and reached his hand out to her. "Jaeyu-" 

"Stop." She cried, as she took a step back. 

The boy formed his lips into a thin line and furrowed his eyebrows. He moved a bit closer. "What? What do you mea-" 

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" 

Zelo jumped back a bit in surprise. He was taken aback by her strange behavior. He's never seen her act like this. He looked at her with an expression that was mixed with sympathy and confusion. 

Jaeyun lifted her head up and just looked at him. A tear slowly streamed down her face. "Please...Just don't hurt me." She whispered, her voice shaking. 

She looked so sad and scared. Zelo wasn't sure what he should do. He just slowly reached his arm out towards Jaeyun. She flinched slightly and he stopped for a moment before he continued. He put his hand on top of her head and softly pushed it downwards so he couldn't see her face anymore. For some reason, he couldn't bear to see her cry. 

So they just stood there, with Zelo's hand on top of her head as her tears continued to fall. There was a few moments of silence before the boy decided to speak up. 

"Hurt you?" He questioned. "Why would I do that?" 

Jaeyun's body shook again as she let out another quiet sob. She couldn't believe that she was crying in front of this guy. But she couldn't hold it in any longer. 

"Jaeyun, why are you crying?" Zelo softly spoke, being careful not to startle her. It was almost inaudible but loud enough for her to hear him. 

Jaeyun stayed quiet for a moment before she answered. "I had a dream..." She whispered.

Zelo moved his hands to Jaeyun's shoulders and softly pushed her down so that they were both seated on the floor. "I'll be happy to listen." He smiled. 

Jaeyun sighed deeply, mentally preparing herself to continue. She looked up at Zelo and began. 

"In the dream, Sera was alive. And you were...hurting her." Her voice cracked at the last part, but she continued. "And then...you killed her, Zelo. You killed Sera." Her eyes began to water again and she bit her lips, trying to hold in her tears. 

The boy looked into Jaeyun's eyes and formed a sad smile. He didn't like to see her like this. It also made him sad. But at least now he knew why she was acting so strange. He let out a soft laugh and poked her forehead. 

"Silly girl," he began. "It was only a dream! I would never do something like that." He glanced at Jaeyun and flashed a cheeky smile. 

The latter hesitantly smiled and looked at the ground. She was feeling a bit more relieved now. 

Zelo smiled when he saw that Jaeyun started to cheer up. He liked it better this way. She looked much more beautiful when she smiled. "So, don't worry." He began. "I would never do anything to hurt you." 

'This guy, he really is a good person.' Jaeyun thought to herself. "Thank you." Her soft voice flowed through the air. 

"But, would you really think I would do something like that to Sera?! I'm not that crazy!" 

"That crazy? So you are crazy!" The girl scoffed. "Hmph. I should've never trusted you." 

Here we go again...

"Listen, I am a good guy! And I will be a good father. Just you watch me!" Zelo pouted. 

Just then, the baby's robotic cry rang through the dorm, startling the two. They looked at each other for a moment before Jaeyun smirked. 

"Well, Mr. 'I'm going to be a good father', the baby is crying. Let's see what you can do." She crossed her arms and waited for her partner to get up. 

Zelo rolled his eyes and quickly got up. He ran to Sera and gently cradled her in his arms. Rocking gently from side to side, he attempted to comfort her. "It's okay Sera, it's okay." He cooed. But the baby continued to wail. Becoming frustrated, he turned to Jaeyun. "What do I do?" He asked. 

"When's the last time you fed her?" The girl asked. 

"At like..." He glanced up at the clock and took a few seconds to read it. "10:30?" 

Jaeyun also looked at the clock but gasped within a few seconds. "10:30?!" She screamed. "Zelo, that was like, 5 hours ago!" 

"So?" 

"SO? ARE YOU TRYING TO STARVE HER?" 

"Geez, I didn't know. I'll feed her now."

Zelo looked around the room but then his eyes met Jaeyun's once more. He stood there looking at her, and it seemed like he was trying to say something, but he was struggling to put it into words. 

Jaeyun noticed this and sighed. "What, now?" She moaned. 

Zelo blinked and opened his mouth hesitantly to talk. "Um...aren't mothers supposed to do the feeding?" 

"What? What do you mean? Anyone can feed the baby..." 

"No. I mean like.." He raised his free hand and made a gesture around his chest area. 

The girl tilted her head in confusion and mimicked Zelo's gesture. She looked down at her chest and felt her face flush. Now she knew what he meant. How. Embarrassing. 

She looked back up at the boy with wide eyes. Zelo gave her a sheepish smile as he waited for her reaction. He kind of regretted what he said. 

"You...ert." Jaeyun whispered. 

Yeah, he really regretted what he said. 

"Wha-" 

"ERT! YOU ONLY WANTED ME TO COME HERE SO YOU COULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME, RIGHT? HA, WELL THINK AGAIN BECAUSE I HAVE A BLACK BELT IN KARATE OKAY MAN? I WILL BEAT YOU SO HA-" 

"JAEYUN I WAS KIDDING." 

The teenage girl quickly shut and blushed from embarrassment. She cleared and straightened her blouse. "What kind of sick joke was that?" 

"My apologies. Won't happen again." The boy said giving her an innocent smile. 

"Yeah, it better not...ert." 

Zelo laughed and walked over to his partner. He gently handed the baby to her and passed her the bottle filled with milk. 

Jaeyun cradled the baby in her arms and comforted the baby. "Shh, Sera. You must be hungry, right?" She place the bottle between the baby's lips and it stopped crying within a few seconds. 

"See, I told you she was hungry!" Jaeyun cheered. 

"Well congrats." The boy said in a sarcastic tone, causing his partner to stick her tongue out at him. 

Jaeyun looked back down at the baby and smiled. Taking care of this baby didn't seem all that bad. She actually felt like a real mother. "I hope this baby grows up to be a good kid." She blurted out. 

Zelo laughed at this remark but it quickly turned into a sweet smile. "Jaeyun?" He called out. 

"Hmm?"

"You do know that's just a doll, right?" 

The girl blushed in embarrassment and attempted to hide her face. "I-I know that. I was just joking!" She tried to laugh it off but Zelo noticed it was a nervous laughter. He also laughed and smiled at her. Jaeyun looked up at him and quickly looked down embarrassed. 'Really, Jaeyun? Really? What's wrong with you?' She mentally face-palmed herself. 

Zelo then stretched his arms and yawned. "Well," he started. "I'm gonna go take a shower. I'll be back in..." He paused and smirked at Jaeyun. "An hour?" 

"Oh oka- wait, WHAT? AN HOUR? ZELO! WHAT THE HE-

"Bye~" the boy cheered, waving his hand back and forth. And before Jaeyun knew it, he had shut the door and started the shower. 

"Augh, that jerk." She groaned. She looked down at Sera and shrugged. "Well, I guess it's just you and me now." 

________________________________________________

About an hour later, Zelo came out the bathroom dressed, and hair wet from the shower. He looked into the living room and found Jaeyun sitting on the couch with the baby still in her arms. 

He was about to call out to her but then realized that she was asleep when he got closer. He walked around the side of the couch and looked at her. Her face looked so soft and gentle when she was asleep, unlike the expression she would constantly have around him. She stirred a bit and Zelo froze, but then she just stopped and was fast asleep again. A few strands of hair made it on top of her face when she shifted around. Zelo breathlessly laughed when he saw her face twitch because the hair was tickling her. He slowly lifted his hand up and brushed the hair out of her face. He smiled at her and continued to gaze at her beautiful sleeping face. 

"You're going to be a great mother, Jaeyun. I know it." 

____________________________________

A/N: 

long time no see, long time no see~ heh y'all know that song? ...AHEM anyways, yes it's been a while but this chapter tho... ITS SO FLUFFY IM GONNA DIE! Haha but yeah. Did you guys enjoy it? I just feel like Zelo and Jaeyun got close way too fast...is it just me? Idk man. But OH WELL. lol anyways. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! And I will se ya~