Chapter 8

Just Let Go

 

Jaeyun woke up in a daze. She rubbed her tired eyes and looked at the alarm clock that sat on her nightstand at the side of her bed. In the distance she heard the faint cries of an infant. The clock read 3:45 a.m. 'Why am I up at this time?' 

She began to notice the baby crying in the distance. She didn't remember having a baby. Why was one crying now?

Slowly, she rose from her bed and walked towards the bedroom door. She creaked the door open and peaked her head out. She saw that the lights were on downstairs and realized it was the kitchen light when she began to walk down the steps. "Hello?" She called out, waiting for an answer. 

But the cries of the baby grew louder. Cautiously, she stepped into the kitchen and saw the backside of a blonde-haired man. "W-who's there?"she called out.

The mysterious man quickly turned around revealing his identity. Jaeyun was surprised to see who it was. 

"Z-Zelo?" She was confused. "What are you doing here?"

Zelo innocently smiled and greeted her. "Oh, hey Jaeyun! How's it going? Did I wake you?" 

Jaeyun blinked. "Umm...I'm not sure. I heard a baby crying." 

The boy laughed. "Oh, you mean Sera?" He lifted the baby up by its leg and it dangled there, vigorously crying. 

Jaeyun gawked in horror. She absolutely couldn't believe what she was seeing. Had Zelo gone crazy?

"ZELO!" She screamed as she sprinted towards the baby. 

But right when the infant was within arm's reach, Zelo yanked it away and put it behind him. 

"No!" He protested. "I'm taking care of her!" 

"Taking care of her? You're going to kill her!" 

"Oh, come on Jaeyun..." The boy spoke with a smirk plastered on his face. "Would you really think I would do something like that?" 

And with that, he chucked the baby across the room, laughing maniacally as he did so. 

"ZELO! NO!" Jaeyun screamed, running towards the, now quiet, baby. 

As she came closer to the baby she noticed that it had stopped moving. Slowly kneeling next to the baby, she ran her fingers across her cheek. 

"Sera..." She whispered, tears streaming down her face. She began to cry harder, shaking with every sob. 'Please, let this be a dream.' 

Soon, she could feel a presence next to her. Looking up, she saw Zelo sitting there, smiling down at Sera. She gasped and fell back in surprise. She just sat there at a loss for words, shaking with fear. Zelo finally turned his head to look her. Her heart dropped as soon as he made contact with her eyes. Zelo smiled and let out soft laugh. 

"I'm going to be a great father, right?"
 
Everything stopped. Jaeyun's chest started to feel heavy and it felt like the room was closing in on her. The world started to crumble right before her eyes. All she could hear was Zelo's menacing laugh echoing in her ears, growing louder with each second. She tightly shut her eyes and covered her ears. 

"STOP IT!" she screamed. But her voice made no sound. "STOP!" She screamed once more as the boy's laughing became so loud that she couldn't bear it anymore. "PLEASE!" 


Jaeyun shot up from her bed, her heart beating violently in her chest. She put her hand over her chest and took a moment to catch her breath. Her body was covered in sweat. She looked at her alarm clock beside her bed and saw that it was almost 8:30 a.m. 

"Was it just a dream?" She whispered to herself.

She looked outside and heard birds chirping happily, as if nothing had happened. 

Finally realizing it was all just a dream, Jaeyun rubbed her face and pulled the blanket off her body. She went to her closet, pulled out a white long sleeve blouse and a pair of navy blue jeans. She then grabbed a towel and headed towards the bathroom to take a shower. 

She took her time in the shower, letting the hot water run down her smooth skin. She couldn't stop thinking about that dream. 'What does it mean?' She thought. 

Today was the day she would be going to Zelo's house to start their project. After seeing him like that in her dream, she feared to see him again. Even though it was just a dream and that the baby isn't even alive, she still can't help but be a little afraid of him, let alone have him touch the baby. It just gave her this horrible feeling. But dreams are dreams. And this is reality. Whether she liked it or not, she had to do this project. 

After a 30 minute shower, Jaeyun finally turned the water off and got out. She wrapped the towel around her body and blow dried her hair. After she was all dry, she got dressed and put on a little makeup. She didn't need much; she just put on some mascara, a little eyeliner, and lipgloss. As soon as she was all done getting ready, she went downstairs only to find her mother in the kitchen making breakfast. 

"Good morning mother~" Jaeyun called out as she sat at the kitchen table. 

"Good morning!" Her mother beamed. "Did you sleep well?"

Jaeyun paused before answering. "...I guess." She finally answered. 

"Well I'm glad." The mother said as she smiled. "Here. I made eggs and bacon. Eat up~" She pushed a plate of food in front of Jaeyun. 

"Thanks mom." The girl said, gladly accepting the food. 

Jaeyun's mother continued to prattle about random things while the daughter silently ate. 

"Hey, are you even listening?" She finally questioned. 

"Hmm? Yeah, of course I am, mom." 

Jaeyun's mother studied her before speaking again. "Mhm. So, why so quiet this morning?" 

"Oh, it's nothing." 

"Nothing?" 

"...Yeah, nothing." 

The mother sighed. "Well, alright then." 

Jaeyun continued to eat her breakfast, when she suddenly remembered something. "Hey mom, I have to go over to my partner's house to do a project today." 

"Project?" Her mom echoed. 

"Yeah. We have to raise a 'baby'." Jaeyun explained while making air quotes on the word "baby". 

"Ahh, I see. Well good luck. Don't come home too late. And be a good girl." She said, patting her daughter's head.

"I will." Jaeyun replied as she put her empty plate in the sink and washed it. 

She grabbed her things and waved to her mother before heading out the door. She pulled out the slip of paper that Zelo had given her from her back pocket. His address was scribbled in the center. Looking up, she began searching for her destination. 

Fifteen minutes of a walk later, she stood in front of a large building. Looking back down at the slip of paper, she saw a room number next to the street address. She was guessing that's where Zelo lived. After taking the elevator to the fifth floor, she walked to the third door on the left. "Okay, this is it." She breathed. "Room 547 B." 

She rang the doorbell and waited. She heard footsteps on the other side of the door, and it opened a few moments later. There, stood Zelo in the doorway. He wore a gray sweater and black, ripped skinny jeans. He smirked and eyed Jaeyun. 

"Welcome to my dorm." 

 

___________________________________________

A/N:

Hey guys! How are ya? I hope you enjoyed this chapter, although it was pretty short and boring. BUT, next chapter will be better so please anticipate it! :) ALSSOOO, I've finally hit 50 subscribers!! I know that may not seem like a lot to some people but that's 50 people who are alive and breathing that are keeping up with this story. To me, that's amazing! Thank you soooo much for subscribing and I would really like to hear your thoughts in the comments! :D also...it wouldn't hurt to upvote either hehe ANYWAYS THANK YOU! AND SEE YA! <3