Chapter 10

Just Let Go

 

 

The students' loud chatter was interrupted by a sudden loud noise. They looked to where the noise came from and saw that their teacher had just slammed her books down on her desk with a huge smile on her face. 

"Claaaaaass!" She chimed. "It's time for your first checkup with your babies!"

She clapped excitedly while the rest of the class just clapped slowly, confused. Why is she so exited about this stuff? 

"Now," she began. "Get your babies ready and I'll come around to check on them." 

Jaeyun turned her head to look at her partner who was sitting quietly, preparing their baby. She walked over to him and stood by him, without him noticing. 

After watching him look at the doll and play with it as if it were real for several moments, laughing to herself, she realized that she should probably stop enjoying herself and announce her presence. 

"Zelo, what are you doing?" She asked, which caused him to flinch in surprise. 

He looked up at her and blushed, obviously embarrassed. 

"What do you mean?" He innocently asked. 

The two stared at each other for a moment in silence while Jaeyun couldn't help but smirk, causing Zelo to squint his eyes at her in response.

"Don't act like you weren't playing with Sera just now." She teasingly spoke.

"I wasn't." 

"Yes you were." 

Zelo turned around and scoffed. "No I wasn't, idiot." 

"What did you say?" Jaeyun jokingly gasped. 

"You heard me." Zelo replied, as he turned back around to face his partner. 

He raised his hand toward her forehead and dryly laughed. "Idiot." He retorted, flicking her forehead.

"OW! THATS IT YOU ARE S-"

"Ahem." 

The two teenagers turned towards the voice that had just interrupted them only to find their teacher and their classmates staring at them. 

"Is there ever a time where you two are not fighting?" The teacher sighed. 

"Well, Jaeyun started it first." 

"I DID NOT YO-" 

"ENOUGH. GOOD LORD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO?" The teacher yelled, silencing the two. "Now, sit down please."

Jaeyun and Zelo obeyed their teacher's commands and sat down quietly. 

"Alright, well now since I'm here we might as well check on your baby." 

Zelo nodded and looked down at the doll. He picked it up and handed it to the teacher. "Here you go." He spoke. "This is our Sera."

The class all laughed at his behavior. Jaeyun just looked down and blushed in embarrassment. 

"What?" Zelo innocently said.

"You named your doll?" One of his classmates snickered. 

"Yeah? What's wrong with giving it a name?" The boy pouted. 

"Oh, it's nothing. Daddy Zelo." A girl sneered. 

The class erupted in a roar of laughter leaving Zelo to stand there alone, blushing. He looked at the quiet Jaeyun and gave her a sad smile, as if he was apologizing. 

Why was he apologizing? He hadn't done anything wrong. The fact that these people would make him feel like a weak, pathetic loser was just stupid. It was just plain stupid. And she hated people like this. 

She looked back at Zelo and smiled brightly, which left him confused. She gave him a slight nod and walked towards him. 

"It's okay, Zelo." She whispered. "I got this." 

She cleared and straightened her posture. 

"Ahem. ExcUSE ME. BUT I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY.

At that moment, everyone turned to her and stood quiet, waiting for her to continue. 

"Thank you." She began. "So I'm kind of confused on how this is all funny, and I'd be glad if someone could explain it to me." 

One of the students decided to speak up. "Well, little Zelo here apparently has a heart. Him and his cute little Sera." He laughed sarcastically.

The students began laughing again. By this time, Jaeyun was beginning to get annoyed. 

"So? Are you mad because Zelo would be a better father figure than you would ever be?" She retorted. 

The boy quickly stopped laughing and glared at her. "Excuse me?" He threatened. 

"Oh, you heard me." Jaeyun crossed her arms. "Now, I'd like to continue class without hearing everyone's obnoxious laughter. Any questions?" 

The class stood quiet, not daring to have her speak any further. 

"I thought so." She smiled and looked back at her teacher. "May we continue, Mrs. Jung?" 

"I'd thought you'd never ask." She sighed in relief and continued to inspect their baby. 

Jaeyun looked up at Zelo and saw that he still stood there quiet. "It's alright, you know." She began. "I won't let anyone laugh at you anymore."

He looked at her and saw her smiling at him. Oh, that beautiful smile; he swore it could heal anything. He smiled back at her happily. He was so thankful for having her around. 

Jaeyun turned back and watched her teacher as she flipped and turned the baby, examining every possible nook and cranny. "Mhmm." She hummed as she concentrated on the doll. 

"Well, your baby seems to have a diaper rash." She spoke after a minute of examining. 

"A diaper rash?" Jaeyun repeated. "But how?" 

"Well, how often do you change your baby's diaper?" 

Jaeyun looked at Zelo as he gave a confused look. "Once every day, why?" 

"ONCE EVERY DAY?" Jaeyun and Mrs. Jung asked simultaneously in disbelief. 

"Yeah...aren't you supposed to change the diapers daily?" Zelo innocently replied.

Jaeyun put her hands in her face and deeply sighed. She shouldn't have left the baby at Zelo's house. I mean, he was a teenage guy after all. There aren't many of those who know much about children. 

"Well," Mrs. Jung breathed. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you a C for your first examination." 

"What?" Jaeyun cried. She looked at Zelo in disappointment while he just shrugged. 

"Sorry." He apologized. Rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "I didn't know." 

"Augh." Jaeyun groaned as she plopped back down at her desk. What a great way to start this project. 

A few minutes later, Mrs. Jung made it back to her desk at the front of the classroom and clapped her hands together. "Alright class, well that is the end of your first baby examination. Most of you did pretty well, while others need to step up their game. I'll be posting the grades tonight so you should see the results then. Class dismissed." 

Everyone in class got up and got ready to leave. Jaeyun picked her head up off her desk only to find Zelo towering over her. "What do you want?" She groaned. 

Zelo pouted in response. "I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out today." 

"Ew. Why would I want to hang out with you?" 

"That's mean." 

"Well, I'm not very happy with you right now, Zelo." 

"What? Why?" 

Jaeyun sighed. "What do you mean 'why?' You gave us a C on our first examination because you didn't change Sera properly."

"Well, Geez. I didn't know. It'll be better next time." 

"Yeah, it better." 

"Jaeyun, calm down. It isn't that big of a deal." 

"It is a big deal, Zelo! My grade is going to go down because of this!" Jaeyun exclaimed. 

"Jaeyun! You can bring it back up!" Zelo spoke, raising his voice a little. 

Jaeyun rolled her eyes. "Forget it. You obviously just don't get it." 

"I think you're the one who's not getting it." Zelo reasoned.

"Zelo, can we not fight? I'm tired." 

"What do you mean fight? You just went off on me out of nowhere." 

"Just forget it!" She yelled, annoyed.

"Whatever." Zelo sighed, crossing his arms.  

Just then, Mina came skipping up to the two bringing her usually happy presence. "Hey guys!" She cheered. 

The awkward air grew heavier as she stood between the two. "Umm..did I miss something?" 

"Nothing at all." Jaeyun groaned. 

"Well then.." She tapped her best friend on the head playfully. "How would you like to hang out with me today?" 

"I'm not really feeling up to it..." 

"Oh come one!" She hit Jaeyun. "Don't be such a party pooper!" 

"Fine." Jaeyun sighed, finally giving in. 

"And maybe Zelo can come along too!" 

"NOOOOOONONONONO PLEASE NO." 

"Come on! It'll be fun!" She whined. "How 'bout it, Zelo?" She asked, turning to the boy. 

Jaeyun snapped her head towards his direction and glared at him, begging him to say no. 

Zelo smirked and looked at Mina. "I'd love to!" He chimed. 

Jaeyun face-palmed herself and glared at Zelo once more. He stuck his tongue out at her and laughed. Man, this guy was really a jerk. 

Mina clapped in excitement and grabbed the two teenagers by the wrists. "Yay! It's a date!" 

"A DATE?" Jaeyun and Zelo questioned, confused. But it was too late to refuse anything. By then, they were already out the door. 

 

Oh boy, what did she get herself into? 

 

___________________________________

A/N: 

HAPPY 10TH CHAPTER YOU GUYS!!

ANYWAYYSS ITS BEEN A REALLY LONG TIME I KNOW! It's just a lot of stuff came up like I had to get emergency surgery to get my appendix removed and then I needed time to recover then I had a lot of make up work it was CRAZY! But I'm back! Sorry I made you all wait so long! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and hopefully the next chapter won't take as long to come out hehe bye!