Chapter 4

Just Let Go

 

The two teenagers continued to walk (to Jaeyun, it was more like sprinting because Zelo took big strides considering his long legs) towards the two double doors that led to outside. Once they reached it, Zelo pushed it open and they were both greeted with the sound of traffic and the silent chatter of people passing by. 

Zelo stopped at the end of the sidewalk and waited for his time to pass. 

Jaeyun started to do the same but then realized that Zelo was still holding her wrist. He didn't seem to realize it or it just didn't bother him considering the fact that he kept his focus on the road. This started making the girl uncomfortable. 

'Should I just pull my hand back?' She thought. 

But she quickly threw that thought away considering that would make everything very awkward. 

Zelo pulled her across the street when he noticed there were no cars passing. 

"Ahem." 

Jaeyun cleared , causing Zelo to look down at her and listen to what she had to say. 

"Ummm...I think I'm old enough to cross the road without someone holding my hand, Zelo." 

The boy looked down and immediately turned a light red as he pulled his hand away. 

"S-Sorry. I didn't notice." 

Really? How could he forget he was holding her hand? 

'Stupid, Zelo. Stupid.' He mentally slapped himself in the face repeatedly. 

"No it's fine, honestly." The girl replied, feeling a bit awkward towards the situation. 

After two minutes of awkward silence, the pair had finally reached the ice-cream parlor. What was convenient about the place was that it wasn't too far from the school building. About a block or two to be exact. So usually after school, everyone would hang out here with their friends. 

Jaeyun rarely ever came here considering she didn't have much friends in the first place. Plus, she didn't really have much interest in hanging out after school. 

It's not like she was ugly or anything; in fact, she was naturally very pretty. 

Guys would occasionally hit on her but she didn't pay any mind to them. She wasn't too fond of those guys who would constantly flirt with girls all day. She actually found them quite disappointing. 

'Who would want to date a guy who moves from girl to girl in a matter of a day?' She would always think. 

But, oh well. 

A lot of girls weren't too fond of her either. They would get jealous whenever guys would flirt with her. It's not like she could help it though... She didn't really like those girls either. They were too loud and annoying and they worried about little things too much. 

However, there was on girl who she loved oh so very much! It was her best friend, Mina.

Mina was a nice girl. She wasn't like those other girls that wasted their time gossiping about everything. She was very friendly, actually. She loved talking to everyone. Mina always lent an ear to Jaeyun whenever she needed something. And Jaeyun did the same. The pair did everything together. They were pretty much like sisters. 

There was just one thing about Mina that sort of annoyed Jaeyun at times. 

Mina was a very happy, peppy, fangirly, kind of girl. And that, my friends, is where the two didn't click. Occasionally, Mina would burst out in a giggly, screaming fit whenever something, that really didn't matter much to Jaeyun, happened. And it annoyed the crap of of Jaeyun sometimes. 

But hey, she still loved her to death and something like that wouldn't change it. 

So, Zelo and Jaeyun entered the doors of the ice-cream parlor and was welcomed by a scene of teens from their school laughing and hanging out with their friends while some others were by themselves or with their boyfriend/girlfriend. 

Zelo made his way to a group of his friends and greeted them. 

"Ayyy, Zelo! What's up? Whatcha doing?" 

"Ah, nothing really. I just wanted some ice-cream, so I figured I'd stop by here." 

Another one of his friends nudged him. "Hey man, who's the girl? She's your girlfriend? Haha she's a cutie!" The boy continued to nudge him as he spoke. 

Jaeyun blushed a little when she heard him say this. 

'Gross.' She thought. 'Boys are really gross.' 

"No, she's no-" 

"FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I AM NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND. IN FACT, HE IS ANNOYING AND I HATE HIM." Jaeyun scoffed as she crossed her arms and looked away from the group of boys. 

Everyone. All of them, were taken aback by the audacity this girl had. 

Yup, Zelo had to admit, she was definitely different from the other girls. 

"...Yeah. We were just in detention together and she wanted some ice-cream too, so she came along." 

Everyone made their mouths into an "O" shape when they finally understood what was going on. 

After all of the commotion, Zelo and Jaeyun then went up to the counter and waited to order some ice-cream. One of the employees came up and said her usual routine question. "How may I help you?" 

Zelo began ordering. "Hi. Um, I'll have a mint-chocolate chip ice-cream cone. And-" the boy looked at Jaeyun, waiting for her to order. Zelo looked confused after waiting a moment for her to answer. The girl looked up at him and shook her head 

"I don't have any money, I'm not getting anything." 

"Are you sure?" He questioned. 

"...Yeah, I'm sure." She answered back hesitantly. 

Zelo stood there unsure about her answer for a second before telling the employee that Jaeyun wasn't ordering. 

After Zelo had gotten his ice-cream, they found a couple seats and sat down. He cheered happily as he began to devour his cone of creamy deliciousness. Jaeyun giggled at the sight of this. 

'Wow. What a child.' She mentally laughed. 

After a few minutes, Zelo was half-way through his ice-cream cone. He looked at Jeayun and saw that she was looking down and tapping her fingers on the table. She looked kind of sad, maybe even disappointed. 

Should he have bought her a cone? Even though she claimed she didn't want? Maybe she really did. After all, girls are pretty confusing. Aughhh! What could he do about this uneasy feeling? The boy bit his lower lip, got up, and starting walking towards the counter once more. 

Jaeyun looked up in confusion. 'Maybe he still wants another cone. Haha, what a fatty...' She silently chuckled. 

The girl started feeling a bit bored and began looking at her phone. She looked at the time and noticed that it had been almost 15 minutes since they left detention. "I really hope Zelo was right about this." She muttered to herself. 

All of a sudden, there was an ice-cream cone in her face. 

"Here." Zelo stated. 

"For me?" 

"Nooo, I'm just putting this in your face for the heck of it." Zelo replied sarcastically. 

The girl squinted at him for mocking her before she accepted the cone. It was chocolate, her favorite flavor. 

"How'd ya know that chocolate was my favorite flavor?" She smirked. 

"Oh please, it's a classic. Who doesn't love chocolate?" 

"I can name a few." 

"Oh, shut up and eat your ice-cream." 

Jaeyun stuck her tongue out and her ice-cream happily. 

"...Thank you." She softly said, but loud enough for him to hear her. 

"Don't mention it." The boy simply replied. 

He looked down at his feet and softly kicked the floor nervously. His face was a faint tint of pink. 

'Enjoy your ice-cream.' He mentally said while smiling softly. 

 

_______________________________________

A/N:

Greetings once again readers! How have y'all been? :D *waits for answer* good, good. That's great. Okay YEAH so I hope I didn't make you wait too long for this. I've been really caught up in school lately so I haven't been on AFF for a while.. Heh heh sowwy :( BUT I hope yOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER WE ARE GETTING MORE ZAEYUN MOMENTS HEHEHE anyways I'm weird so bye~