Chapter 6

Just Let Go

 

There was the sound of the door shutting as Zelo stepped into his dorm. "I'm home." His voice echoed through the room. 

The rest of B.A.P were sitting on the couch in their living room watching television. 

"Zelo-yah!" cried Himchan. "Welcome home! So, how was school?" 

"It was the usual, nothing new." The boy replied. "Although, I did get a detention." 

"A detention?" The oldest of the group, Yongguk, questioned. "Again? You're always getting into trouble." 

"But It wasn't even that big of a deal this time!" 

"Okay, so explain what happened." The eldest commanded. 

"Well," Zelo began. "I forgot to do my homework today, so I needed to copy off of someone. And so I asked this girl behind me to borrow hers and she went off and yelled at me in front of the whole class!" 

"She sounds pleasant." Youngjae chimed in sarcastically. 

"Totally." Zelo agreed with his hyung. "Anyways, so we both got a detention for disrupting the class and she got all mad at me." 

"Mhmm. Go on." Daehyun urged, listening intently. 

"And then w-" Zelo stopped himself from going any further. He felt butterflies in his stomach when he thought about what had happened that time. He felt that he shouldn't tell the hyungs anything else because it would be embarrassing.

"And then we...?" Youngjae repeated, waiting for Zelo to go on. 

"Nothing." The teenager simply said as he sat down on the couch and focused on the t.v. 

There was a slight pause and all the members looked at each other and smiled.

"Why did you turn red all of a sudden?" Jongup asked, poking the maknae's face. 

 Zelo just sat there and ignored him, still focusing on the television. 

"What happened while you were at detention?" Daehyun questioned curiously. 

"I said it was nothing." 

"If it's really nothing, then why are you so red right now?" 

"I'm not red!" The boy claimed, hoping that they would all leave him alone. 

"Does our little Zelo maybe...have a crush on this said girl?" Himchan teased making a gasp noise.

Zelo's face turned an even brighter red when all of the members started giggling and teasing him. 

"No, I don't have a crush on anyone. Okay?" The teen said, trying to hide his face. 

"Yeah, sure." Youngjae replied sarcastically. 

Yongguk got up, sat done next to the youngest and wrapped an arm around him. He looked at the younger boy and smirked. "Come on now, Junhong. What's her name?" 

There was a small silence as everyone eagerly waited for Zelo's response. Then the teenager closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"...Jaeyun. Her name is Jaeyun." He finally spoke. 

There was a collective "Ah!" from the five guys as they jumped around and playfully hit the maknae, teasing him and pinching his cheeks. 

"Tell us, is she pretty?" Daehyun asked, smiling. 

"Leave me alone." Zelo blankly said. This was so embarrassing. He just wanted to go in his room and sleep. 

"Ahh, Zelo-yah! You're so cute when you're in love!" Himchan cried out. 

"I'm not in love, hyung. I literally just met her today." 

"Umm, have you ever heard of love at first sight?" Jongup smirked. 

"Oh, be quiet." The boy whined. "I'm going to bed, goodnight." 

"Sweet dreams, you love-struck teen!" Youngjae called from across the room as Zelo began walking towards his bedroom. 

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." The maknae waved his hand attempting to shoo his hyungs away.

Zelo entered his bedroom and shut the door behind him. He sighed deeply and ran his fingers through his hair. "What have I done?" He moaned as he gently hit the back of his head against the door. He staggered to his bed and fell onto it, his body sprawled across the mattress resembling a star. 

"Finally! Some relaxation." He breathed into his pillow. 

He could still hear the rest of the members laughing and talking about him. They kept blabbering on about how they were gonna plan his first date and they started mimicking his first kiss with the girl while making kissing noises and all that nasty lovey-dovey crap. 

'Augh. These guys honestly need a life.' Zelo whined mentally. 

But to be completely honest, he couldn't wait to see Jaeyun at school tomorrow. He was already starting to take a liking to her. For some reason, he wanted to become closer with her. It was like she had tied a rope around him and was slowly luring him in. Like he was under a spell; once he looked at her it was hard to look away. What was happening? He had never faced anything like this before. 

Zelo's mind was running crazy with everything that had happened today, causing him to become mentally fatigued. His eyes began to droop and he slowly drifted into a deep sleep...

__________________________________________________________________

Jaeyun sat at her desk with her headphones in her ears. She held her head in her hands and kicked her feet back and forth. She could see everyone in her class talking and laughing with their friends as usual; but she usually tuned the ruckus out with her music. She preferred listening to her favorite songs rather than listening to what some girl did to her ex-boyfriend. 

She sighed deeply and thinned her lips. 'Ah, another boring day at school. Joy.' 

The next thing she knew, her vision turned to darkness. Realizing it was someone covering her eyes with their hands, she reached up and pried them away. She looked up to find her best friend, Mina, hovering over her with a huge smile on her face. Mina pulled Jaeyun's headphones out of her ears and moved closer to her face. 

"HAPPY TUESDAY!" she cheered so loud that Jaeyun could've sworn that her ears started to bleed. 

"Geez, could ya lower the volume a little bit?" Jaeyun winced, rubbing her, now partially deaf, ears. "Why are you so happy anyway?" 

"Why would I not be happy, Jaeyun?" She laughed. 

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Mina is happy 24/7." 

"You betcha!" The friend cheered. 

Jaeyun rolled her eyes and rested her head back in her hands. 

"So what's up with that detention yesterday?" Mina questioned. 

"Augh, don't even remind me." The girl groaned, not wanting to talk about it. 

"And you were with Zelo. He's like, the most popular guy in this school! You must've been freaking out." 

"Ha, yeah I sure did freak out about that detention!" Jaeyun chuckled. 

"Idiot," Mina poked her cheek.  "I'm talking about being with B.A.P's Zelo!" 

"Yeah, what about it?" 

"What do you mean, 'What about it?'  He's like, super cute!" 

"Yeah, no." 

"You're telling me you didn't make a move?" Mina gasped in disbelief.

"Why would I? He's not even that special. In fact, he's super childish and stupid." 

"Uh-huh. So that's why you went to the ice-cream parlor with him yesterday." Mina crossed her arms and smirked. 

Jaeyun's eyes widened and she turned red. "How did you know about that?" She whispered. 

"Nana told me. She saw you two." Mina winked. "Why would I? He's not even that special. In fact, he's super childish and stupid." She mimicked Jaeyun, waving her hands at the top of her head and sticking her tongue out. 

"Shutup. I was serious about that. And I only went with him because I wanted to buy myself some ice-cream too." Jaeyun claimed.

"Yeah. That's why he bought you a cone, right?" 

'Dammit! She saw that too?' Jaeyun turned an even brighter red and hid her face. 

"I think that boy's got something for you!" Mina squealed.

"Well, good for him." 

"Lighten up, girl! Give the guy a chance." 

"Not happening." Jaeyun said in a matter of fact way as she rested her head on her desk. 

The bell rung and everyone rushed back to their seats before the teacher came. About a minute later, the teacher walked in and greeted the class; while the students did the same. She began to teach the lesson when the door randomly swung open, revealing Zelo. 

"You're late, Choi Junhong." The teacher stated. 

"Sorry ma'am. I just...got lost...in your eyes." The boy said as he smiled at the teacher.

"Zelo, I'm 52 years old and that's disgusting. Now, sit your down." 

"Yes, ma'am" he immediately said as he scurried to his seat while looking down, embarrassed. 

The class laughed at the scene but was soon shushed by the teacher.

'What an idiot.' Jaeyun scoffed to herself. 

"Okay class, so today we're going to be starting a project. And yes, you will work with a partner." 

The students all cheered in unison while some even high-fived each other. 

"Of course, I will be choosing your partner though." 

The class all groaned in disappointment when they heard the news but were quickly shushed once more. 

"Oh, just deal with it and listen closely to the partners list." The teacher demanded. 

Jaeyun listened intently for her name. She hoped she wasn't paired up with Zelo. She prayed she wasn't paired up with Zelo. By god, please, please, don't pair her up with Zelo. 

"Jaeyun, you will be working with Zelo." 

'GOD DAMMIT.' 

She hesitantly looked over at Zelo only to find him smiling and waving at her. 

"God, I hate my life." She moaned, putting her face in her hands. 

"Alright, now get with your partners!" 

Jaeyun remained sitting there, hoping Zelo wouldn't come over. But to her hopes, he did. Joy. 

"Well, I'm glad we're working together. The boy cheered, shooting Jaeyun a cheeky smile. 

"Is that meant to be sarcastic?" The girl asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"No, I'm serious. Let's work well together." Zelo stuck out his hand and gave the girl a warm smile. 

Jaeyun looked up at his face and slightly blushed. There was a pause, then she reached out and shook his hand. "Yeah." She simply said, smiling softly. 

"Okay class, now the project you two will be doing together is..." 

Everyone eagerly anticipated what it was as they slowly leaned in closer. 

"Raising a baby!" 

 


'WAIT, WHAT?!' 

_____________________________________________

A/N: 

Hellllooooo! How has everyone been? Good, I hope. This chapter is a bit weird but I hope you can cope with it xD especially now that they have to "raise a baby" lol even I didn't expect that xD haha anyway I'm sorry for making you wait a while for this. But I hope you liked this chapter :D