Chapter 5

Just Let Go

 

Zelo continued to watch Jaeyun as she enjoyed her ice-cream. 

Compared to him, she was taking forever to finish. He was trying to be nice and all but seriously, she was taking way too long. 

"Yah, Hurry up. We don't have all day for you to relax and enjoy your ice-cream." 

Jaeyun stopped eating her cone for a second. "Um, excuse me. Do not interrupt my time with this scrumptious dessert. Idiot." She stuck her tongue out. 

"Just put your tongue back in your mouth and finish." Zelo replied. 

"Alright, alright." 

Just then, Zelo's friends got up and started heading towards the exit.

"Hey, where you guys going?" Zelo questioned curiously. 

"Home." One explained. "We got here like 10 minutes before you and it's already been almost half an hour." 

"Wait, it's been almost half an hour?" 

"Yeah, dude." 

Zelo quickly looked at Jaeyun. "How long have we been here?" He asked her. 

Jaeyun looked at her phone and hurriedly did the math. In a matter of seconds, her eyes became wider saucers. "ZELO, WE'VE BEEN HERE FOR 27 MINUTES." 

"OH MY GOD. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" 

"NO, YOU . I'M NOT KIDDING WE HAVE THREE MINUTES UNTIL MRS. KIM COMES BACK." 

By now, everyone was staring at the two teenagers like they were crazy. 

"Ummm, why are you two screaming? You're right next to each other." One of Zelo's friends asked. 

"Oh, never mind that!" Zelo replied. "We gotta go!" He grabbed Jaeyun's wrist once more and dragged her out of the parlor.  

They continued running down the block like that, with everyone staring at them. Jaeyun could barely keep up with the boy. 

"Slow...down...dude!" She said in between pants. 

"Or you can hurry up." He snapped back. 

'Jerk.' Jaeyun mentally commented. 

Within a minute or two, they reached the school doors. Zelo swung the door open and they both entered after. They continued to run towards the classroom where their detention session was held.

"What time is it now?" Zelo asked Jaeyun. 

The girl took out her phone from her pocket with her free hand and checked the time. "It's 2:29. We have like a minute left!" 

"Okay so come on, go faster!" Zelo commanded. 

"I'm going as fast as my legs can take me!" The latter complained.

"Well it's not fast enough!"

Arguing all the way to the classroom, they finally had made it. The boy opened the door slowly to make sure the coast was clear. 

"Great! Mrs. Kim's not in here yet." Zelo said relieved.

"But she'll probably be coming any second now." Jaeyun spoke. 

Zelo turned around to face her but soon his attention was attracted towards her hand. "What is that?" 

The girl looked down at her hand and noticed that she was still holding her ice-cream cone. "Oh, I guess I didn't finish it." She answered. 

"Are you kidding me?" The boy groaned. "Mrs. Kim can come in any second!" 

"Well geez, I'll just finish it then." 

Just then, the pair heard the sound of high-heeled shoes hitting the ground one after another. "SHE'S COMING." Zelo cried out. 

"I got this, I can finish this." Jaeyun assured. 

"UMM, NO YOU CAN'T." 

"YES I CAN!" 

Zelo snatched the cone from the girl's hand. "She's getting closer it's impossible!" He then quickly tossed it in the trash. 

"HEY! WHAT THE HE-" 

"It had to be done!" Zelo shrugged. 

The footsteps started to become more louder and clearer. Mrs. Kim was starting to get pretty close. "Augh, she's almost here!" Zelo said while quickly looking around to see if he had left some evidence that showed that they had left. His eyes landed on Jaeyun's face and soon realized that she had some leftover chocolate on her face from the ice-cream. 

"Why is there ice-cream on your face?" Zelo moaned. 

Jaeyun reached up and touched her face revealing a sticky feeling. "Oh," she mumbled. "I guess I got a bit messy with the ice-cream." 

"A bit??" The boy raised one eyebrow. "Just wipe it off real quick!" 

The girl frantically looked around for some napkins. She couldn't find anything. "I can't fin-" 

"Ah, forget it." Zelo reached up and wiped with his shirt, exposing a little bit of his abdomen. "You're like a reckless child." He annoyingly spoke. 

Jaeyun blushed in embarrassment. "S-sorry about that." She looked up at him. 

When they made eye contact, the boy blushed a little and looked away. "It's fine. It's no big deal." 

Jaeyun nodded and looked down at his shirt. She noticed that he had gotten some chocolate on his shirt. 

"Oh, and um, sorry for dirtying your shirt." She apologized once more. 

"Ah, don't worry about that either. I can just wash it later." 

The girl nodded once more. Still blushing about what had just happened. 'What the hell did he just do now?' She thought. 

'What the hell did I just do now?' Zelo thought. Why was he doing things like this for her? What was he doing?

Just then, the two heard Mrs. Kim coming through the door. They quickly jumped to their seats and went back to their natural poses before she entered. Jaeyun's heart began to beat rapidly. 'What if she found out that they had left?' She sat in her seat nervously waiting for Mrs. Kim to say something. 

The teacher walked in, and slowly sat down at her desk. She looked up and carefully scanned Zelo and Jaeyun's faces. The pair tried their best to keep their usual poker face. Mrs. Kim squinted her eyes as if she suspected them of something. 

"Well..." She began. 

"Well..." Zelo mimicked. 

Mrs. Kim remained looking at Zelo as if trying to decipher what he was thinking. She the looked towards Jaeyun and did the same. Jaeyun laughed nervously and smiled towards the teacher. 

"Mhmm. Okay. Well I'm guessing you guys behaved well while I was gone." Mrs. Kim finally spoke. 

"Yup. Just like I promised, Mrs. K." Zelo said with a wink. 

There was a moment of silence as the teacher continued to scan the two teenagers. She nodded approvingly and formed a half-hearted smile. 

"Alright, good." She glanced at her watch. "By the way, there are now five minutes of detention left so you guys better keep quiet until then." As her smile faded away, she laid back in her chair and began reading her book. 

Zelo shot his hand up into the air as he silently cheered in victory. Jaeyun turned around to look at Zelo and gave him a thumbs up. The boy smiled in return. 

"I told you we would be fine!" He silently mouthed to her, winking as he said this. 

Jaeyun quietly giggled and turned back around to face the front. Her cheeks started becoming a faint shade of pink. She put her face in her hands. 'Maybe he isn't all that bad...' She thought. 

The rest of the time the two had in detention finally passed by. The clock had finally hit 2:35 p.m. 

"Alright," Mrs. Kim announced. "Your time in detention is up. You two may go home now." 

"Finally!" Zelo cheered. "I thought I really was gonna die of boredom!" 

"No need for comments, Junhong. Just go." The detention teacher blankly spoke. 

"You have a great day, Mrs. K!" The boy chimed. 

"Don't tell me what to do." 

'Geez. What is up with this woman?' Jaeyun thought, shaking her head in disbelief. 'It's like she's always got her in a bunch or something.'

The pair made it out of the classroom and shut the door. 

"Well, that was interesting." Zelo said. 

"Very." The girl returned. 

"Yeah..." The boy trailed off into silence. 

Jaeyun turned around on her heels and began walking towards the school's exit doors. She was happy that she could finally go home and relax after a long day. Unexpectedly, Zelo had caught up to her and began walking with her. 

"You know," he began. "I think it's kinda weird that I never asked for your name." 

"I don't." The girl blankly replied. 

"So, what is it?" 

"...It's Jaeyun." 

"Jaeyun..." Zelo let her name roll off of his tongue. "I like it. It's...pretty." He said with a smile.

The girl blushed. "Yeah, I guess." 

They both made it out the exit doors and stood there waiting for the other to go.

"Well, I guess I'll see you in class tomorrow then?" Zelo asked.

"Yeah. See ya.." The girl answered. 

The two began to go their separate ways when Zelo turned around suddenly. 

"Do you mind lending me your homework to copy tomorrow?" 

Jaeyun stopped in her tracks. She slowly turned around and Zelo saw a look on her face as if she was about to rip his head off. 

"I SWEAR, IF YO-" 

"I'm joking!" The boy cut her off while laughing. 

"That's what I thought..." Jaeyun hesitantly replied, trying to go back to her calm, cool, and collected self. 

"Yeah, sure." Zelo said sarcastically . 

"Whatever." Jaeyun spun around and stormed off. 

Zelo watched her as she hurriedly began to return home. He smirked to himself. 'Cute...' 

'Geez, that boy is so annoying!' She complained as she continued to speed-walk home. 

She got home, walked up the steps to her house, and opened the door. "I'm home!" She called out, taking her shoes off and placing them near the door. 

"Where have you been, Jaeyun?" Her mom asked curiously. 

"Oh, umm, detention." The daughter mumbled the last part hoping her mother wouldn't hear. 

"DETENTION? FOR WHAT?" 

'Damn, this lady has good ears.' She cursed. "Oh it was nothing really." Jaeyun explained. "It wasn't even my fault." 

"Oh. Well okay, as long as you didn't do anything bad." The mother replied, relieved

"Trust me, I didn't." 

After the short conversation, the teenager trudged up the stairs and into her room. She opened her door and dropped her backpack on the ground before she plopped right onto her bed. 

"Ahh! Finally some relaxation..." 

She tried to keep her mind at ease but she couldn't stop thinking about what happened today. Her face started to turn red as she started to remember all of the embarrassing things that happened between her and Zelo. She dug her face more into her pillows as the images of his face kept popping up. 

"That annoying Zelo..." 

 

_________________________________________

A/N:

 Hello! *scratches head* umm.. Yeah I feel like it's been a while. I was planning to update last Saturday but I got my phone taken away and then I had to study for my PSAT and then just school and aughhh yeah just letting you know I get busy a lot. But I try updating as soon as I can, just to let you know! So it's not like I'm sitting on my lazy or anything...ANYWAYS. I hope you liked this chapter. It was filled with fluffy goodness haha. Btw Jaeyun's character is supposed to be like hard and cool on the outside but soft and sweet on the inside. So I hope she's not breaking out of character too much cause I sometimes feel like she is. But yeah I'll try to update as soon as I can I just can't garuntee you that it's gonna come really fast cause I get busy a lot.. But bye~