chapter seven;

It Has To Be You

 

 

 

 

“You know, maybe a divorce is the best. I mean ever since you got married, we barely talk!” Jessica complained.

 

“Jessica!” Seohyun hissed.

 

“Sorry.” Jessica bit her lip.

 

“No, it’s okay. This marriage is just wasn’t what I thought it would be.” She sighed, “I thought it would be even better, when in the end it left me broken. ChangJo comes home smelling of perfume and he gets jealous whenever I’m around Dongwoo…”

 

“Wait! Dongwoo, Jang Dongwoo.”  Tiffany smiled widely.

 

“Yeah, we’ve been hanging out a lot lately, but I think after the divorce, if ChangJo will ever agree to it, we might hang out more.”

 

“You know he had the hugest crush on you in high school! But you were always around ChangJo, everyone knew, but you of course.” Tiffany added.

 

“He kissed me, and then he told me to divorce ChangJo…”

 

“Well do you like him?” Seohyun asked interested.

 

“I like him. But I can’t tell if it’s because I like him for him. Or I like him because he gives me the attention ChangJo doesn’t give me.” She looked down, ashamed.

 

“It’s okay, this time away from ChangJo will help you. But also stay away from Dongwoo, maybe you should go back home?” Jessica suggested.

 

“I can’t. My parents, they don’t want to talk to me, I lost them because I got married. They told me it was wrong to marry young, how can I go back and say they were right? Just after nine months?”

 

“Don’t let your pride get in the way, but if it is, you’re welcome to stay in my dorm room. My roommate recently decided to move out, so I have a spare.” Seohyun offered.

 

“Really?” She looked relieved, “But I don’t want to bother you…”

 

“It wouldn’t be a bother, when is it ever a bother to have a good friend stay over?” Seohyun countered.

 

“Just go, Jisuk, it’s for the best.” Jessica insisted.

 

“Fine, I’ll come over tomorrow.”

           

            They continued to talk, despite them not talking in forever, they got along just like they used to. Jisuk wondered, if she hadn’t married ChangJo, where would she be? She would still be talking to her parents, enjoying college life, and most of all, have a chance with none other than Dongwoo.

 

"Put your box here!" Seohyun called out to Jisuk, she was moving in one of the two boxes she brought, filled only with necessities. She texted ChangJo earlier, telling him that she was moving in with a friend. She needed time. He didn't reply of course. She went outside, getting her bag, and the last one box when she ran into someone. That someone being Dongwoo. 

 

"Jisuk," He smiled, "What are you doing here?" He noticed the box. 

 

"I-I moved out. I needed time to think. Away from the both of you." She emphasized. "What are you doing here?" 

 

"My friend lives in the dorms in the next hall for the guys. I wanted to visit him..." 

 

"Okay. Well, um, see you around?" She turned to leave with her box. 

 

"Wait! Jisuk, look, if I'm the reason you moved out, I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone, you probably don't return the feelings anyway. So go talk to ChangJo and fix things up with him." 

 

"This isn't about just you," She whispered, "There is so much more to that, we were spiraling down way before we started hanging out. But listen, I need this time to find not only myself. But my feelings, and who those feelings are for." 

 

His eyes widened, knowing that there was a chance for him. And hopefully there was. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

woot woot~ 

thanks for all the coments ;u;