chapter ten;

It Has To Be You

 

"Judge Kwon, we've been married for only 11 months but dated all throughout high school." Jisuk explained, "I regret marrying him, I did love him but it's fading." She admitted. "That's why I would like this marriage to be annulled." She looked over to the right side of the courtroom to see ChangJo looking down. 
 
"Annulled? How about a divorce?" The judge asked. 
 
"I don't want anything of his, I just want the marriage to be over with." She nodded. "Divorces tend to last longer as well." 
 
"Annulments take a few months." The judge retorted.
 
"But I don't have a year to get a divorce. I'm sorry." She bowed. 
 
"Okay, we'll start the process. Have your lawyers discuss with one another and I will get the paperwork faxed to their offices." The judge said before leaving to go to his chambers. 
 
"Jisuk, are you sure about this?" Her lawyer asked her. 
 
"I've never been so positive about something." She said loud enough for ChangJo to hear. 
 
 
                                  ## 
 
"What's wrong with you?" Jisuk asked as she walked into the dorm room to see Seohyun curled up in bed. 
 
"Cramps, you know?" She made an uneasy face. 
 
"Yeah. I know." She sighed. But she couldn't help but think about the past three months. She hadn't had her period. "Seohyun, people lose their periods when their stressed out right?" She inhaled sharply. 
 
"Yeah, it's common. Why?" 
 
"I haven't had mine in the last few months." She felt as if she was going to be sick. What if she was pregnant? 
 
"What do you mean?" Seohyun's voice was shaky. 
 
"I've been stressed that must be it. That's it." She tried to convince herself. Seohyun quickly pulled out her cellphone, telling her to come by with pregnancy tests. Immediately. 
 
"Are you sure you have enough pee for five tests?" Jessica tried to lighten the situation but no one was laughing. 
 
Jisuk was inside, finishing up the last test. "I'm coming out." She said as she opened the door carefully to make sure no one was hit by the door. 
 
"This is crazy. I just can't be pregnant. Not now." She sighed as she laid down on her bed. 
 
"It's been five minutes for the first test." Seohyun said as the timer went off. 
 
"Well, here comes destiny." She sighed as she got up to get the first test. "It's positive." She cried. 
 
"Positive?" Jessica bit her lip, "There are always false positives." But the other four were all positive. 
 
"Please tell me you had with Dongwoo." Tiffany who just joined them said. 
 
"I've only been with ChangJo." She said as her hands shook. 
 
"Those could still be negative." Jessica restated. 
 
"Jessica, five tests?" Seohyun said rolling her eyes.
 
"How do I tell ChangJo?" She began to sob. 
 
"How about you don't?" Tiffany shrugged. "Get the annulment and move on. Dongwoo would still love you." 
 
"But someday that kid is going to notice, how do I explain that?" 
 
"Just do what is right." Jessica said, even though they all knew what was right was to tell ChangJo.