chapter eleven;

It Has To Be You

 

"I'm pregnant." She told ChangJo as they settled into the now his apartment 
 
"What do you mean?" ChangJo felt as if his heart skipped a beat. 
 
"I'm having a baby. It's yours." She looked down.
 
"What about Dongwoo? Could the child be his?" 
 
"I never had with him. Only you." This hit ChangJo, hard. All this time he always found a way to fill his needs but she gave hers to him. And has only been with him.
 
"What are we going to do?" He wanted to hear what she was thinking. 
 
"I'll stop the annulment. I'll stay with you." 
 
"You will? You'll never contact Dongwoo ever again?" 
 
"Ever again." She repeated. It hurt her heart to say that though. 
 
"I missed you, Jisuk." He leaned over and hugged her. She forced herself to hug him back. "This is what I want as well."  
 
                               
                                 ## 
 
 
"Dongwoo-Oppa, we had a lot of fun together didn't we?" Jisuk forced a smile. 
 
"Yeah, but something's wrong. What is it?" 
 
She let out a little laugh, "You know me too well." She nodded. They were walking around the little shops in the neighborhood over from Dongwoo's apartments. 
 
"Of course, it's because I love you." She let go of his hand. "What's wrong? Jisuk, please." He pleaded. 
 
"I'm pregnant." Her lips formed a thin line. 
 
"The baby is ChangJo's, huh?" 
 
"Yeah. We both agreed to stay together. Raise the child as a family." 
 
"No. Don't do this to me." 
 
"Dongwoo, he's all I have." 
 
"I'll take care of you. I don't care, I can't let you leave my grasp once again." 
 
She leaned forward and kissed him one last time before she left him by himself.
 
 
 
                                      ##
 
                     
                             Five Years Later
 
"Mommy, I want that!" Jisuk looked down to see her daughter, Hana, point over at some kites. 
 
"Not today, okay?" She smiled as she held onto her hand tightly, trying to maneuver though the large crowds, it was Kid's Day and they were attending a festival.
 
"When is Daddy coming? He said he would be here." 
 
"I'm right here!" Jisuk turned to see  ChangJo grabbing ahold of their daughter's free left hand. 
 
"Did I miss anything?" He said as he looked around. 
 
"Nope." She smiled but it soon faded when she saw him. Dongwoo.  
 
He was walking their way, ChangJo was paying attention to Hana, and he was looking directly at her. 
 
As he walked by he lightly touched her hand, making her heart beat fast. Making her regret leaving him five years ago. But he felt the same. 
 
It was nearly a year later did he contact her, not by phone or email. But by a letter he told Seohyun to give to her. He gave her one every month for the past four years and she did the same. 
 
She would be lying if she said she was happy with ChangJo.
 
She would be lying if she said she didn't love Dongwoo. 
 
She wants to be with him. But of course she couldn't, her daughter needed her father. And if that meant going though a one sided marriage she would do that.