chapter five;

It Has To Be You

"Wait." She whispered, he was currently on top of her. "Changjo, I just want to tell you, I love you, and I hope everything turns out to be wonderful." She continued. 

 

He tried to keep himself from rolling his eyes, "I love you, too." He kissed her one last time. 

 

____________

 

She laid there looking at his back, he was turned away from her, snoring lightly. "We might have a son or a daughter." She tried to sound happy. But really, it felt wrong all wrong. This wasn't how she would imagine her first time. Yes, she did love Changjo, but he didn't seem sincere about it at all. Or maybe she was just overreacting... 

 

"Hey..." She picked up the phone early that morning, Dongwoo had called.

 

"Hey, are you doing anything right now? Maybe you could come in and check out the dance studio?"

 

"Of course." She grimaced, not at Dongwoo, but the right side of her bed being empty. "I'll be there in an hour maybe later? I'll be busy for a while. Mostly cleaning." She sighed.

 

"Sure, I'll be here."  

 

She was surprised to see the house was already cleaned up, but wasn't when she didn't see ChangJo in sight, he just left like that. She quickly got ready to take a bath, she actually like it. The silence, she meant. When Changjo was here, it was so loud and he would come home drunk. She cringed at the thought of her son or daughter having to witness him drunk. When she arrived to the dance studio, Dongwoo was already teaching a class, she watched him teach the little kids happily. She couldn't help but feel that Dongwoo's future wife and children would be lucky to have him.

 

"Jisuk!" Dongwoo ran towards her picking her up and spinning her in a circle.

 

"Dongwoo-Hyung, is this your girlfriend? Noona is very pretty." One of the little boys said.

 

"No, this is just my good friend, Jisuk, she's going to start working here as well." Dongwoo put her down. "I'll have Sunggyu come in and teach you, is that alright?" The kids tried to contain their groans, complaining that Sunggyu was very boring. Sunggyu covered for them as they walked into the lobby.

 

"Have you eaten?" Dongwoo asked.

 

"Yeah, breakfast."

 

"Well, let's get some brunch."

 

"Brunch?" She looked at him oddly.

 

"It's that gap between breakfast and lunch."

 

She laughed, "I'm good, how about we take a walk until we can get some lunch?"

 

"Sounds good." They began to walk around, scoping out some cafes they could eat at later. "So how are you and Changjo?" Dongwoo asked, trying to look away from her.

 

She grimaced, "We're actually trying to have kids."  

 

"Wow. So young?"

 

"Yeah, Changjo wants kids. I want kids too, but I feel uneasy about it. He comes home drunk a lot, he's barely around, and I'm stupidly questioning our marriage. I love him, I really do, but things really have changed since high school." She broke down. "I even smell perfume on him sometimes, actually a lot of the times when he comes home late."

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

"It's okay. I needed someone to vent to. All my friends, we don't really talk anymore, they aren't married and don't really want to hang out with someone who is."

 

"Well, you have me. No matter what." 

 

___________ 

 

 

"Well, what does it say?" Changjo was outside the bathroom, it had been three months, and they finally decided to take a pregnancy test.

 

"Changjo, I'm not pregnant." She opened the door. "We've been trying a lot, too." She sobbed. He held her for a while, before letting go and leaving the house.  

 

"So no baby?" Bunghyun asked.

 

"Yeah..."  

 

"Why are you upset about it? The only reason you wanted that baby was to get back at Dongwoo." 

 

"But they've been getting closer!" 

 

"Then tell her to get away from him, but you know what? I don't blame her. You're a douche. I honestly feel bad for Jisuk. You don't deserve her." He got up and left the bar. 

 

 

 

cfgvhbjkn. comment?