chapter four;

It Has To Be You

"Yeah, mom. I know." ChangJo was on the phone with his mother, the eighth time this week. She was expecting children. Now.

 

"I didn't let you marry some normal girl for a childless marriage." She hung up.

 

He sighed. At this rate of their marriage, isn't thing that will come too quickly. Especially with her talking to that Dongwoo guy. He knew about of course.

 

He knew about whatever she did. He had gone through her cell phone when she wasn't around or asleep. He remembered Dongwoo from high school, he had never forgotten the way Dongwoo used to look at Jisuk. And him thinking of Dongwoo looking at her the same way made him frustrated. He loved her of course, but a guy could take so long before he can't take it anymore.  

 

Even if she found out, he was her everything. She wouldn't leave him over a little fib.

 

_____________

 

"Why don't you just get her pregnant?" Bunghyun shrugged his shoulders. "She would never leave you after that. I mean she has no job. Her parents disowned her after you announced her engagement. She certainly can't leave you, she only has you."          

 

"What an amazing idea. That Dongwoo won't know what hit him after she tells him she's pregnant." He smirked. But Bunghyun began to feel bad. Like this was high school all over again, like Jisuk was the prize in ChangJo's little games, when she was just a person with feelings. "I have to go and plan everything, talk to you after?" He winked at him as a little sign and walked off.      

 

"I'll need roses, a ton of them, I want them scattered all over the entrance leading to the dining table, I want the chef to cook, Coq au vin for dinner. We went to France for out Honeymoon and she absolutely loved that dish. For dessert, Mille-feuille, she loved that." ChangJo recalled to the event planner. She nodded, taking down notes as they walked around the house, telling her every little detail that needed to be done perfectly.  

 

He lay there in bed now. Hearing the workers move around in the house, fixing it up. He sighed softly, wishing she were here. But she was off with Dongwoo, "Of course she would. I never show her how much I love her anyway..." It was a good hour later when he heard the movement in the house stop. And he couldn't help but feel alone, was this how she felt? Being trapped in this house?

 

____________

 

 

He took out his phone, "Can you come home now? I want to have a date with you." 

 

"Yeah, Oppa? Hmm, okay, I'll be there now." She said a little rushed, she quickly hung up. He got out of bed and fixed himself up in time to set up the plates on the table and wait.  

 

"What is all of this, ChangJo?" She said awestruck when she walked through the door. 

 

"Did you forget? It's our six month anniversary." 'But she would, especially if she's with him...' He thought. He then wrapped his arms around her. "I love you. And I think we should talk, more about the future, our future." 

 

"Like what? I mean we already are married."

 

"We should have a child. We could settle down, especially since my internship will become a paid one. We will finally have that little family you dreamed of."  

 

"ChangJo, really?" She smiled.

 

"Really." He leaned in and kissed her. Tonight would be the night. His plan of keeping away Dongwoo, and getting to be with her in another way would work.