Bloody Roses For You Chapter 9

Bloody Roses For You [Semi-Hiatus]

It was already dark when the group exited the hospital and parted ways after saying their goodbyes. Mrs. Jung together with Yunho, Kibum and Changmin walked towards the parking lot to their left while Hongki and Jonghun veered to their right in the direction of Hongki’s house. Hongki’s house was just three blocks away from the hospital and Jonghun decided to walk him home.

 

Hongki and Jaejin used to live right next to Jonghun’s house. In fact, all of them used to live in the same neighborhood. All of them were very good friends, even though they initially came from two different groups. Jonghun was best mates with Yoochun, Junsu, Kibum and Changmin and were all in the same grade, while Hongki hang around Yunho and Brian who’s in the same class as him. Jaejin having a very close relationship with his brother, Hongki, ended up being friends with the others even though his a whole year younger. Those were good times.

 

But sometimes good things don’t last forever. Ten years ago, Yunho and Junsu left for the states. Although, they visit once or twice a year, sometimes even more, it’s still different. Good thing they are back for good. When  Hongki was fifteen and Jaejin was fourteen, their mother died from a car accident and had to move somewhere closer to their uncle since their father was rarely at home, too busy with work. Around that time, Changmin’s father was diagnosed with cancer and decided to move somewhere private but still easily accessible by others. Brian recently moved to an apartment a block away from his university. Kibum and Yoochun were the only one’s still living in their old neighborhood. Even so, all of them remained close friends.

 

Fifteen minutes have passed and Jonghun noticed how silent Hongki was. Taking the other’s right hand with his left he asked the other what’s bothering him.

 

“I.. I don’t know.. I feel like there’s something wrong but I can’t put my finger on what is it..” Hongki answered, feeling troubled.

 

“This is about Junsu and Brian isn’t it?” Jonghun said softly.

 

“I.. It’s just... Brian getting involved in an accident right after Junsu’s accident, it’s too much of a coincidence. It feels like were suddenly cursed with bad luck. I can’t help but worry that’s someone might get into another accident.”

 

Brian sighed as he listened to his lover’s worries. It was obvious that something was going on. The police are withholding information from them. He understands the need to further investigate the details of Junsu’s accident, but it’s suspicious why they are so interested in an accident like Brian’s. It could have simply been an accident. Something must have caught the police’s attention for them to further investigate the matter. But of course, he’d rather cut his tongue than add to his lover’s worries. Mustering a reassuring smile, he stopped and faced Hongki. Taking both of his hand in his and looking deep in the other’s eyes he said, “Hongki, I know how you feel. Junsu’s and Brian’s accident were both sudden and unexpected. But hundreds of people get involved in accidents yearly. It just happened that Brian’s accident occurred right after Junsu’s and it must have worried you. But that doesn’t mean that someone’s going to get involved in another accident. Look on the bright side, Lots of people die because of car accidents, or even simple accidents like Brian’s, but Brian and Junsu survived. They’re fine. Now stop worrying. It’s not good for your health. Okay?”

 

Hongki smiled back at Jonghun as he absorb his words. Jonghun was probably right, he was just worrying too much over nothing. Nothing’s going to happen to them. Jonghun’s smile grew wider as he saw the worry fade away from his lover’s face and relief and a smile grew in its place. He released the other’s hand and wrapped them around his shoulders as he drew him into a tight hug. After, breaking apart he kissed his love in the forehead tenderly before kissing him on the lips.

 

The simple kiss that started gently immediately gave way into a passionate one. Hongki slid his arms around Jonghun’s neck while the other wrapped his arms tightly around the other’s waist leaving no space in between the two. Their surroundings slowly faded around them as they continue to kiss each other intensely, trapped in a world where there’s only the two of them. That is until…

 

“Ahem. I don’t really care if you guys feel exhibitionistic today but you’re kinda tainting our innocent minds with your little show, you know.”

 

Hongki and Jonghun sprung apart, startled at the voice that’s obviously talking to them. Both of them spun around towards the source of the voice and found Kwon Jiyong smirking at them. Standing beside him is an equally smirking Jo Kwon and a brightly blushing Lee Jinki.

 

“Damn! You almost gave us a heart attack!” Hongki exclaimed, clutching his chest with his hands. Jonghun on the other hand maintained his cool and said, Innocent mind? I doubt it.” His lips curved into a smirk as he saw Jinki blush harder while the other two glared daggers at him.

 

Kwon Jiyong , Lee Jinki and Jo Kwon are Jaejin’s friends from school. Jaejin runs with one of the most famous group in their school, Seoul International All Boys High School. Their group has a total of eight members, Kim “Key” Kibum (leader), Kwon “G Dragon”Jiyong (co-leader), Jo Kwon, Lee Jeongmin, Jo Youngmin, Lee “Onew” Jinki, Lee Taemin and, of course, Lee Jaejin. They are known to be the most beautiful in their school. Some even calls them Seoul International’s “Queenkas”. Yes, they are that popular and don’t even ask why an all boys school has “Queenkas”

 

(A/N: Before you ask, the answer is NO they aren’t going to be regular characters in the story. They MIGHT pop in once in a while but I don’t think I’ll use them often. I just included them coz I LOVE THEM~~ :P)

 

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at Key’s sleep over?”

 

“Well yeah, we should have been there ages ago, if only someone haven’t actually forgotten about it and has to do some last minute packing.” Jiyong answered, obviously irritated.

 

“Yah. I already said I’m sorry!” Jo Kwon exclaimed while sporting a pout. Jiyong heaved a sigh. “Fine. Fine. Well, bye Hyungs!” After executing a cocky salute, Jiyong and his friends started walking towards the direction of Key’s house. When they turned a corner Hongki glanced at his lover and gave him a sheepish smile. Jonghun chucked at Hongki’s expression, took his hand and proceeded to drag him home. “You know I just realized something.”

“What is it?”

“With your brother at Key’s sleep over and uncle rarely home, we have your house to ourselves tonight.”

Hongki’s face burned red at Jonghun’s words.

/. I should’ve walked home on my on. *Sigh* Oh well, I guess this is going to be a long night./

 

 ~*~*~

 

“I don’t think it’s such a good idea for Jaejoong to hang around those boys..” Siwon slowly said as he sat down next to Heechul in the black couch. His statement was met by an inquiring glace from Heechul who raised one of his eye brows. “Why do you think so?”

 

“Because it’s dangerous.” Hankyung simply said as he sat on the gray easy chair on the left side of the black couch. Heechul looked at his best friend then darted his gaze back to his boyfriend before slowly replying. “Why do you think so?”

 

“We found evidence suggesting foul play in both Kim Junsu’s and Brian Joo’s accideent. There was a puncture in the break line of Junsu’s car and the amount of blood in found in the scene of Brian’s accident doesn’t coincide with his injuries.” Siwon paused, unsure of his next words. “.. there are also evidence suggesting that both accidents are somehow connected. There’s a possibility that someone’s targeting those boys. I just don’t want something to happen to Jaejoong.”

Heechul maintained his silence for a couple of minutes before heaving sigh. “I understand. But I think it’s not really my choice. Jaejoong is old enough to make his own decisions. And if his decision is to befriend them then I’ll support him.”

 

“But Chullie-“

 

“Kyungie, it’s not those kids fault that this is happening. Ever since his childhood friend disappeared, Jaejoong never had a chance to make friends with people his age. Did you see his him earlier Kyungie? It’s been so long when I last saw him smile so brightly like that. And I’m grateful to them for making him smile like that. I’m so sorry. I.. I just want to see him genuinely happy again.”

 

Siwon and Hankyung sighed and exchanged glances. They knew that Heechul is right. Jaejoong is a naturally shy person that’s why it’s hard for him to make friends. Also, Jaejoong have never attended school all his life, he’s been home schooled since he was little giving him no chance to make friends with others. It was fortunate he found new friends today. Hankyung slumped his shoulders a little and whispered, “I guess you’re right.”

 

~*~*~

 

Unknown to the men talking in the living room, Jaejoong had been standing in the hallway just outside the living room all this time. He had heard the whole conversation and was smiling at his brother’s understanding words. He crept slowly away from the door and went to his room. Sitting in the middle of his bed, he pondered at his hyungs conversation. He’d be lying if he said not worried, but instead for being worried for his well being, he’s actually worried for his new found friends. They are all nice people and he likes spending time with them. That’s why he doesn’t understand why someone would like to hurt them.

 

He wanted to tell them about what he heard but he knew he can’t. Telling them might just scare them and if Siwong hyung and Hankyung hyung finds out the he told them they might get angry.

 

/Hmmm. I guess, I’ll just keep an eye out for suspicious people hanging around them./