Bloody Roses For You Chapter 3

Bloody Roses For You [Semi-Hiatus]

 

/Someone tried to kill Junsu Hyung?!/

“Yunho? What’s wrong?” Lee Jaejin one of my friends and Hongki’s younger brother asked me tilting his head on the side.

“Oh.. Uh, nothing… Really.” Yunho said and turned towards the door, knock loudly and entered. “Umma, were here.”

“Oh, there you are. I was wondering where you guys were.” She said in relief, but then rushed immediately to Yoochun’s side after seeing the state he was in. “Oh, Yoochun-ah. Please don’t cry. Junsu’s fine now, we’ll just have to wait for him to awake up okay? You have to be strong for him.”

After hearing these words, Yoochun somewhat calmed visibly. His sobs died down.

“So you guys are Kim Junsu’s friends?”

Everyone turned to the uniformed officer standing just behind Yunho’s mother. Yunho’s mother glanced behind her and sighed. “Everyone, this is Inspector Choi Siwon from Seoul Police Department. He wants to ask some questions to you guys. He also wants explain some things to you”

“May I ask who was the last person to have contact with Junsu-shi?”

“Um.. That would be me… I’m Shim Changmin, one of his friends.” Min hyung stepped forward and bowed slightly.

“Okay, Changmin-shi would it be alright if I talk to you in private? We had set up a make shift interview room next door. If you could follow me.” Inspector Choi walked towards the door leaving the surprised and pale looking Changmin behind.

“W-wait a minute… You sound as if… As if you’re interrogating us? Are you implying that what happened to Junsu hyung isn’t… isn’t an accident at all??” Brian Joo, Yunho’s friend, said, terror and disbelief was etched in his expression.

“As a police officer, it is our job explore all possibilities before settling for one explanation.” With that he resumed walking, after a moment Changmin hesitantly followed. We turned to look at one another, then at the figure lying peacefully in bed.

“It must be what he just said. Just looking at other possibilities, right? Who would want to hurt my Su?” Yoochun said, desperation tainting his voice. Not knowing what to do, everyone nodded fervently trying to believe Yoochun’s words but Yunho just hanged his head and stared at the ground.

/Who could it be? Who would do such a terrible thing to my hyung?/

~*~*~

Changmin followed the Inspector outside Junsu’s room and into the next. It was just like Junsu’s room except the bed was moved to the side and there was a metal table with two metal chairs in the middle of the room. The Inspector took one chair and sat on it then waved me towards the other chair. Taking a deep breath, I approached the table and sat on the remaining chair.

“Hello, as Mrs. Jung said earlier, I am Inspector Choi Siwon of Seoul Police Department. May I know your full name? and relationship with the victim?”

“I’m Shim Changmin, sir. Su and I, well, we were friends we were kids. Actually, all of us practically knew each other since we were in diapers. Although, Junsu and Yunho went to live abroad for ten years, they always visit for a couple of  weeks once a year.”

“Okay, so Mr. Shim, you said that you were the last person to have contact with the victim. Can you tell me when and where was it?”

“Um, well. Around 1am in this morning, I woke up when I heard someone banging on my front door.. When I opened the door I saw Su crying so I took him inside. Apparently Su and Chun, that would be Su’s boyfriend, had a fight yesterday. He cried for almost an hour until he fell asleep in the couch. I carried him to the guest room but when I woke up to check on him, he was gone.”

“I see, so, would you happen to know what’s the reason behind the fight?”

“Well, you see.. Before they ended up together, Yoochun hyung used to be a player and even until now lots of girls tend to approach him.. And Su tends to be jealous at times and walks out on him.” Changmin gave the inspector a sheepish smile.

“I see. So, these fights are normal between them?”

“Yup.. Honestly, I think these things happen every other week. Chun hyung loves Su hyung, but Su hyung becomes paranoid at times.”

“Every time these things happens, wound he always come to you for comfort?”

“Nah. Not always, sometimes he runs towards Kibum or Jonghun. But yeah, mostly he runs to me.”

“Your close, right? Do you know if Junsu has enemies?”

“Enemies?? No way! That guy he’s kind to everyone, he always has a smile on his face and is friendly to everyone! I can’t think of anyone who could be his enemy! He’s even kind to those girls who likes to flirt with Yoochun!”

“I see.” The Siwon said, thinking thoughtfully. “Hmm, I guess that’s all for now. Kindly call his boyfriend, that Yoochun guy in here afterwards, okay? You may leave now and don’t forget to inform me in the event you remember something of importance.”

“Thank you, Inspector Choi.” Changmin stood up and bowed to the Siwon proceeded towards the door.

“Oh, wait. Did this morning, did Junsu said anything about roses?”

“Roses? Nah, I don’t think so.” Changmin frowned.

“I see, well, thank you again.”

Changmin exited the room. /Roses? What the heck was that about./ Sighing, he went back to Junsu’s hospital room.

~*~*~

Inspector Choi Siwon sighed after interviewing the last of Kim Junsu’s friends except for the cousin, Jung Yunho. The short interviews proved to be of no use in the investigation. Every one of them replied the same thing to his questions. No, he doesn’t have enemies. Yes, he’s the kindest person I’ve known. Yes, he’s practically everyone’s friend.

/Then why the hell would anyone want to hurt him? Someone obviously does hate the guy. That puncture in his car’s break line is obviously not an accident. Sigh. Looks like this one will be a tough case to solve./

There was a knock on the door and it opened slowly. A tall young man with tan skin and chinky eyes whom Siwon assumed was Jung Yunho entered. The man gave a slight bow and walked towards the table.

“Please take your seat. Jung Yunho I presume?”

“Yes, sir. We talked on the phone earlier.”

“So, can you tell me how close you two were?”

“Junsu hyung and I were pretty much close. Actually, we’re like real brothers.”

“I see. Was this the first instance that your cousin didn’t come home without out calling?”

“Well, it wasn’t the first instance that hyung didn’t come home but he usually  calls us before hand. Although, it did happened once before. It was when Su hyung and Chun hyun had this really big fight and Su hyung ended up drinking in the bar with Changmin hyung until morning.”

“Weren’t you worried when he didn’t called before hand?”

“We were but I figured he had a fight with Chun hyung so I just decided to wait for him in the living room but I sort of fell asleep.”

Siwon nodded. “Do you know if your cousin has enemies?”

“In the years I’ve known him I can’t remember a time that my hyung had been cruel to anyone. He’s the kindest person that I’ve known. But, obviously there’s got to be someone out there who hated him to the extent of hurting him like this.”

“You know.” Siwon stated.

“Yeah.. I heard you talking to Umma just before we entered.” Yunho admitted with a slight tinge of pink in his cheeks.

“I see. So, you don’t have the slightest idea who could it be?”

“Nope. Sorry.”

“Well, I gues--“

Siwon was interrupted by a knock on the door. The door swung open to reveal a familiar slight figure with big doe eyes and sweet smile. “Hyung~~! ”

“Joongie! ” Siwon smiled warmly at the younger man.

“Jaejoong?”