Bloody Roses For You Chapter 5

Bloody Roses For You [Semi-Hiatus]

 

It had been a while now since Brian and Changmin had left and the room was now completely silent. Yoochun was staring intently at Junsu’s face clutching at the unconscious man’s hands while silent tears are streaming down his cheeks. Jonghun was watching Hongki hugJaejin who had finally calmed down.

“HELP! SOMEONE!!”

At the corner of Kibum’s eyes he saw Jaejin stiffen, his eyes going wide while Hongki hugged him tighter and stared at the door. Yoochun and Jonghun was equally startled and turned to the door clearly alarmed. Kibum knew he probably should assure the others, but he was too focused on the high pitched voice that broke their silence.

“Changmin!” he exclaimed, his heart beating faster in his chest. Jonghun turned to him frowning, “Huh--"

Kibum rushed outside the room, not even waiting for Jonghun to finish what he was saying. To his left the door to the make shift interview-slash-interrogation room (for he and Jonghun find it hard to believe the Inspector’s explanation) opened and out came Inspector Choi, Yunho and a pretty guy. Kibum ignored them and looked wildly about then walked down the hallway calling Changmin’s name. “Changmin-ah!!”

“SOMEONE HELP US!!” Changmin’s muffled cry can be heard behind the closed doors of the emergency stairwell.

“Minnie-ah!!” Kibum cried out and dashed towards the closed door. Bursting through them he saw Changmin kneeling next to a bleeding Brian down the stairs, tears streaming down his cheeks and looking stunned and lost not knowing what to do. He ran down the stairs and engulfed Changmin in a hug trying to comfort him and brushing his tears away. (A/N Dude Brian’s dying and all you can think about is hugging Changmin?! XD)

Siwon followed him down the stairs and knelt next to Brian taking his wrist to check for a pulse. “Someone call a doctor now!” he ordered to no one in particular.

Jaejoong immediately turned and flew up the stairs.

Kibum looked around while trying to calm down his bestfriend. The Inspector seem to be interested at the bunch of roses Brian was clutching in one hand while Jonghun and Yunho was standing behind him looking equally lost and worried.

Jae came back with a doctor and some orderlies. They immediately transferred Brian into the stretcher they were carrying and went on their way to the Emergency Room.

The Inspector stood up and turned to them, “You guys, go back to Junsu’s room and stay there while I secure the scene. That goes for you too Jae”

“Huh, wae?! But --"

“No buts Jae, I don’t want anything to happen to you so stay with them” Siwon turned to Yunho and said, ”I’ll leave him in your care, young man. Please take care of him for a while.”

“No problem, Inspector Choi” Yunho said and led the pouting Jaejoong up the stairs. Following his lead the others filed out one by one.

Kibum was the last to leave as he was guiding a crying Changmin who was uncontrollably trembling. He looked back and saw the inspector looking down at the roses lying in the puddle of Brian’s blood with and unreadable expression.

/Something tells me that he’s keeping something from us. What the hell is really happening here?/

~*~*~

Hongki looked up when the door opened and the others entered one by one. Kibum stepped in behind Jonghun with a silent and traumatized Changmin sobbing into his hands and guided him into the unoccupied couch in a corner and put a comforting arm around his shoulders. Hongki and Jaejin approached them and sat next to the two. Hongki rubbed Changmin’s lower back in a soothing manner in an attempt to comfort the older man down. Hongki then looked at his boyfriend who was standing near Kibum with a questioning glance. Jonghun shrugged his shoulders and mouthed ‘Brian’. Hongki’s eyes furrowed, not really understanding Jonghun’s reply and pouted as he continued to rub soothing circles on Changmins back.

Yunho and Jaejoong was the last to enter the room and they both stopped and smiled at the heart warming scene in front of them. Changmin was surrounded by their friends, trying to comfort him and show their support. Yunho smiled even wider seeing Yoochun standing just behind Jonghun. It was the first time he saw Yoochun leave Junsu’s side ever since he parked himself next to the bed except when he was called by Inspector Choi for the interview, and they even had to drag him out of the room for that.

As Jaejoong was staring at the scene in front of him, his smile slowly turned into a sad one. Yunho immediately noticed the change and asked him what’s wrong.

“Nothing much, it’s just that.. I never really had a lot of friends before, since I practically lived in the hospital since I was small. Even now, I actually live just across the hospital in case I have an attack.” Jaejoong replied softly. No trace of bitterness in his voice, just acceptance and resignation.

Yunho’s heart gave a twinge at what he heard. He can’t help but sympathize since he practically lived in the hospital himself before. He put an arm around the smaller man’s shoulders and pulled him close.

Jaejoong was surprised at the contact and turned towards Yunho and found the taller man looking at him with understanding and smiling softly at him.

/He know’s. He know’s what it feels to be alone despite all those people taking care of you./ Jaejoong smiled back at Yunho after his realization and can’t help but think of a person in his past who like Yunho had understood his feelings of loneliness.

*Flashback*

Jaejoong was pouting as he was playing ball with his bestfriend in the Hospital’s park. His bestfriend noticed Jaejoong’s pout and stopped in mid step.

“Yah, what’s wrong? You’ve been pouting all afternoon. Don’t you like to play with me anymore?” it was the other boy’s turn to pout.

“Omo!  Of course not! I do want to play with you! It’s just that Hyung and Appa haven’t visited me yet this week. Yesterday was my birthday and they didn’t even remember.” Jae said sadly, his lips still pouting.

The other boy understood Jae’s sentiments since his parent’s had been with their family business and he was always accompanied by his nanny when he needed to go to the hospital. Not liking it whenever he sees Jaejoong pout the other boy ran towards Jaejoong and gave him a kiss in the lips.

Jaejoong was stunned by the other boy’s action and a blush crept up his face.“Yah! What was that for!?”

“I don’t want to see you pouting sadly so I erased it!” Yunho said cheekily but then his expression turn solemn and smiled softly instead.

“Aish, You Byeontae!” Jaejoong exclaimed but a small smile formed in his lips as he saw the change in his bestfriend’s expression, knowing that he understands him.

The boy chuckled and said, “Now, now. Don’t be sad any more. I’m here and I won’t ever leave you. Here’s my birthday gift for you!” and the other boy pulled out a silver neck lace from his pocket. Inside the loop of the necklace was a pretty gold ring with five small diamonds forming a W like the constellation Cassiopeia.

Jaejoong gasped and then squealed at his bestfriend’s gift. “Wow! Where did you get it?”                                               

“I saw it once when Umma took me shopping and I remembered you so I asked her to buy it for me. Isn’t it pretty? Although, not as pretty as you. This will be the sign of my love for you!” and the other boy grinned widely at Jae.

Jae was speechless his face colored bright red and just smiled back at his best friend.

*End of Flaskback*

Looking back at the heartwarming scene, Jaejoong can’t help but sigh. /You byeontae, you promised you won’t leave me and yet where are you now?/ he thought sadly clutching at the necklace his best friend gave him when they were kids underneath the material of his shirt.