Bloody Roses For You Chapter 8

Bloody Roses For You [Semi-Hiatus]

 

Hankyung led Changmin outside Junsu’s room and for the second time for the day, Changmin entered the interrogation room. Changmin sat down on the same chair he previously occupied while Hankyung sat opposite him.

 A moment of silence passed between the two that left Changmin uneasy before Hangeng spoke up. “Siwon told me that you were there when they found Brian on the emergency stairwell.” Changmin nodded his head in confirmation.

“Can you tell me what exactly happened?”

“Okay.  Well, I talked to Brian while walking him towards the elevators. As we arrived at the elevator banks we saw a sign that says that the elevators are out of service, so Brian decided to take the stairs.” Changmin noticed Hangeng’s brow furrowed but he continued on with his story. “I turned back to return to the room but I saw Brian’s ring on the floor. I decide to give it back to him since he probably hasn’t gone down too far yet. T-that’s when I found him d-down the landing. I shouted for help as I ran to his side, b-but I didn’t know what to do. I-i…” Changmin exhaled harshly as he didn’t know what to say next.

“I see.” Hangeng said  and gave a curt nod. “You said that there was a sign that says that the elevators are out of service, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Wae?”

“Nothing much.”

“Can you tell me what the two of you talked about?”

“Um, it’s kind of personal.”

“Personal.”

“Y-yeah.” Changmin can’t help the blush that appeared in his cheeks. Hangeng raised his eyebrow but said nothing.

“When you found Brian, was there anything that caught your attention? Anything that was out of place or maybe suspicious?”

“Suspicious?” Changmin started to shake his head but then he remembered something. “Oh! The roses!”

“Roses?”

“Yeah. When I found him, I noticed him clutching a bunch of roses in one of his hands. It caught my attention because he wasn’t holding anything when we were talking earlier.”

“I see. Did you notice anything else?”

“No, that’s it. I’m sorry, everything was pretty much a blur. I sort of panicked.” Hangeng could see a trace of sadness in the younger man’s features.

“Well, thank you for your time. You could go now.” Changmin stood up at the others words and bowed before exiting the room, leaving Hangeng deep in his thoughts.

Hangeng was confused. Something in Changmin’s story is bothering him. He had said that they was a sign that says that the elevator was out of order. The same elevator he used to get to this floor not more than an hour after the accident. Yet he only saw honesty in the younger man’s eyes as he answered his questions. He made a metal note to check with hospital security about the elevators.

Hangeng was curious about what Brian and Changmin had talked about before the accident. Not because he liked sticking his nose on others business but because there’s always a possibility that it may be relevant to the case. If Siwon’s suspicions are right, specially now that Changmin’s observation about the roses seems to support his theory, then they may have to dig more information about the victim and who might want to kill him.

/First Kim Junsu, then now Brian Joo. Who the hell are behind this attacks? And what are his/her intentions. There’s got to be something that ties these two other than their friendship. But what?/

~^~^~

Siwon saw Changmin coming out of the interrogation room and approached him. “Hangeng finished talking to you?”

“Oh. Um, Yeah.”

“I hope he didn’t scare you that much. He could be so serious sometimes, but he’s just actually very shy in expressing his feelings and always hides behind his poker face.” Siwon chuckled at his own words which earned a small smile from the younger man. “Come. I’ve got news for you guys.”

And with that he dragged Changmin towards Junsu’s room. As he entered the room, his eyes immediately landed on Heechul’s figure and his face lit up in an instant.

“Chullie!”

“Wonnie!” Heechul jumped into Siwon’s outstretched arms and they hugged each other tightly, forgetting where they were.

“Here they go again.” Jaejoong pouted as he watch the two love birds who seems to be trapped in their own world. “Yah! Earth to SiChul? We’re still here you know?”

The lovers sprung apart and looked about. Heechul was red as a tomato and tried to hide behind Siwon. Siwon on the other hand just gave the others a sheepish grin before saying, “Oops. Mianhe. Heheheh.”

“Hyung, what brings you here? Do you have news for us?” Jaejoong asked in behalf of the other occupants of the room.

“Oh yeah! I came here to tell you that Brian Joo is out of danger. Actually, he only sustained a couple minor cuts in the head. The hospital will be transferring him in the room next to this one.”

“Oh. Thank God.” Mrs. Jung breathed out. Relief is evident on everyone’s face.

“We need to go now. Mrs. Jung, we’ll just update you when we find new leads.”

“Okay, thank you Inspector Choi.” Mrs. Jung said and bowed.

“You’re welcome ma’am.” Siwon bowed back.

“I’ll be checking on Junsu in a couple of hours, okay?” Heechul said smiling the others.

“Can I visit you guys next time too?” Jaejoong was pouting and has his eyes trained on the floor while asking this question.

“Of course, Honey.” Mrs. Jung assured the shy boy with a gentle smile. Jaejoong beamed back upon hearing the kind woman’s voice. “Gomawo, Mrs. Jung!” And with that the trio left the room.

The others went home as well, Jaejin had left earlier to go to a sleep over, Kibum offered Changmin a ride since the latter didn’t brought his car with him, Hongki and Jonghun left together on foot, Yunho and his mom also left after Yoochun volunteered to stay for the night.

After everyone left, Yoochun sat on the left side of the bed, his left hand took one of Junsu’s hands while his right hand played with Junsu’s hair. He roamed his gaze at his unconscious lover’s face with a sad smile.

“Junsu.. I know you can make through this.. You’re strong.. Please wake up soon.. We’re all waiting for you..”

He pressed his lips against Junsu’s in a kiss full of love as a single tear fell from his right eye.

~*~*~

CREEPER POV

The creeper stood on the hallway just outside the hospital rooms of Kim Junsu and Brian Joo. Both doors are halfway open, the only difference is that Brian’s room is shrouded in darkness and one can’t really see much inside while Junsu’s room has slight illumination coming from a lampshade left open. The creeper took a couple of steps towards Junsu’s room, stopping just outside the door. His gaze landed on Yoochun who was laying on one of the couches in the room an open book rested faced down on his chest. The creeper has no plans to harm him yet for he doesn’t pose much threat to him. The creeper turned towards the sleeping figure laying on the hospital bed. Kim Junsu had sustained a couple of broken ribs, a broken leg, lots of cuts and bruises all over his body and a serious head injury that caused him to lose so much blood in the accident. A car accident he had staged. His lips curved up in a sinister smile at the thought.

/He deserves it. he touched him. He talked to him. Just the thought makes my blood boil. No one touches my property. He mine. Only mine!/

The creeper wanted to finish what he started, but he figured Junsu’s punishment could wait. The doctor said, it might take day, even weeks before he wakes up and it’s no fun harming a defenseless and helpless individual. He rather plan his next move. His next accident. After all, he still has a couple of names in his list.