Bloody Roses For You Chapter 10

Bloody Roses For You [Semi-Hiatus]

 

Three days after the accident, Yunho, Yoochun, Changmin, Kibum and Jonghun are once again crossing the threshold of K Medical Hospital (KMH) on their way to Junsu’s room. Earlier, Yunho, Changmin, Yoochun and Kibum had met up in a café across SM University of Arts, where the four of them are currently attending. After meeting up, they then proceeded to wait for Jonghun at the hospital parking lot, since the latter was attending school with Hongki at FNC University which is located at the other side of the town.

Upon entering the elevator, Yoochun curiously asked Jonghun, “Hun, is everything okay with Hongki and Jaejin? I haven’t seen them since the day of the accident?”

Jonghun released a long suffering sigh before explaining the absence of the two. “Jaejin’s doing a project at Jeongmin’s house. Hongki is grounded.”

“Grounded? Who grounded him and why?” Changmin asked startled at the statement.

“His father, who else?” Jonghun answered , rolling his eyes in obvious annoyance.

“When did uncle came home? Why didn’t he tell us he was coming home?”

“Three days ago. Apparently he wanted to surprise Hongki and Jaejin.” Another sigh.

“You didn’t tell us why he was grounded.” Yunho prodded.

Jonghun’s cheeks became red and he seemed reluctant to tell them the reason why. Fortunately, he was saved from his friends’ scrutiny as the elevator doors slid open and Dr. Kim entered.

“Oh, You guys visiting Junsu and Brian?”

“Yes, Dr. Kim.” Answered Jonghun in an obviously relieved voice, which the doctor immediately noticed – if his raised eyebrows are any indication – but simply let it slide and chose to continue the conversation.

“I heard Brian’s going to be discharged later this afternoon. I think his cousin Hyoyeon will take him home.” (A/N: I changed the cousin’s name from Jinhye to Hyoyeon.. and yes it’s SNSD’s Hyoyeon.. :D)

“Oh. We haven’t heard. Is he fine now doctor?” Changmin asked, his voice laced with concern to which Kibum pouted.

“Yes, he’s fine now. He was very lucky. That was one nasty fall he had there but he came out with minor injuries. We just kept him for observation to check if he has concussion.”

Changmin’s lips parted in an ‘o’ at the doctor’s words while the others nodded in understanding.

“How about Junsu’s condition Dr. Kim?” Yunho inquired.

“Just call me Heechul.” The doctor said with a smile. However, it quickly turned into a frown. “Junsu’s condition remains unchanged. We are not sure why he’s not waking up. Physically, he fine. But we suspect that the problem is with his mental state.”

“Mental state?”

“Yes. He may have been traumatized by the accident, that’s why his mind is telling him not to wake up.” Heechul said. /Or he could have seen something that night that he does not want to confront yet./ He silently added in his mind as he remember what happened yesterday.

*FLASHBACK*

(A/N: This is rather a lengthy flashback.. Mostly about friendship!HanChul.. And a bit of SiChul.. But there’s something about the case in there.. around the last part.. I swear.. XD)

Heechul and Hankyung both have busy schedules.

Heechul is a very dedicated doctor who devotes most of his time in the hospital taking care of his patients and studying the ins and outs of managing the hospital. More than a doctor, Heechul is actually the son of the owner of K Medical Hospital. Despite this he had never used his power to his advantage and instead worked hard to prove to others that he deserves to inherit the establishment.

Hankyung on the other hand is a very driven investigator with a strong sense of justice. He may not look like it but he is the type of investigator who makes every case personal.

With the both of them spending hours in their respective fields, it’s hard to find a common break time to spend with each other. In fact, it was practically impossible. That’s why it was a pleasant surprise when Heechul barged into Hankyung’s apartment announcing that today is officially their bonding day and proceeded to drag a sleepy Hankyung out of his bed.

They shared stories about their work and some other things over breakfast – Hankyung’s famous Beijing Fried Rice – which Heechul demanded for him to cook. Heechul spent a whole hour just to find something for Hankyung to wear to the mall, bickering like five year olds the whole time. Two hours into the mall and a dozens of paper bags later, Hankyung had manage to convince Heechul not to buy the whole damn mall and the settled for a late lunch in a cozy little café on the ground floor. It had been so long since their last ‘bonding’ time that the two friends were satisfied with just drinking coffee – tea for Hankyung – and sat amidst comfortable silence.

The silence between the two was shattered by the upbeat melody of Super Junior M’s Super Girl which was coming from Hankyung’s phone. With a slight frown he answered, “Yoboseo?”

“Zhoumi-ah.”

“What?”

“Yes, I’m on my way.”

Heechul pouted as he heard his best friend’s words. This was supposed to be their day. He sighed as he watched the other drop the call.

“Chullie..” Heechul could see the guilt in Hankyung’s eyes.

“It’s alright. I know your work is important.” He answered with a soft smile which was immediately returned by the other.

“Thank you Heechul.” Hankyung gathered the things he bought – or rather things Heechul made him buy – and turned to leave. He hadn’t taken four steps yet when he suddenly whirled around and came back to their table. “You know, on second thought, do you want come with me at the station? Zhoumi said it’ll be brief. He just wants to show me something he noticed inside Junsu’s car. Something about a seat belt. Besides, Siwon’s probably on his way there by now.” Hankyung smiled sincerely as he saw the flash of happiness in the other’s eyes.

In a flash, they’re out of the café and into Hankyung’s car. They had reached the station under thirty minutes and met Zhoumi at the vacant lot behind the station where they kept all those vehicles they impounded on occasions or those which were involved in some cases. Like Kim Junsu’s car. Siwon had already been there. He gave Heechul a sweet peck in the lips before he continued investigating the seatbelt on the passenger’s side of the car.

“What’s up.” Hankyung asked the taller Chinese as he approached the car while donning a pair of latex gloves.

“I noticed something odd in the seat belt in the passenger side. A part of it were somewhat stretched. See this?” Zhoumi, the Chinese forensics expert, then pointed out a certain portion of the seatbelt.

“And this means?”

“Well, I studied the strain marks carefully. You see, seat belts are made from strong material, so as to ensure the persons safety. Strain marks like this are usually observed in vehicles involved in collisions.  It is created when a person is thrown forward and against the seat belt during collision, therefore straining the seat belt.”

“And..?”

 “I think.. There’s a possibility that there was someone with Junsu inside the car during the accident.”

All three heads turned towards the tall Chinese, as his words slowly sink in their minds.

(A/N:I honestly don’t know anything about seatbelts.. I mean I use them alright but I don’t know if what I said there is even possible.. XD soooo.. let’s just assume it is.. XD)

*END OF FLASHBACK*

“B-but he’ll be okay right? I mean he’ll.. He’ll wake up, right?” Changmin’s voice trembled.

“Junsu is a healthy guy. The problem is in his mind. When his mind realizes that it’s already safe, then he’ll wake up. But we are not sure when.” Heechul said and flaahed them a sincere smile. “You know, they say that the patients in coma can hear you when you talk to them. So talk to him. Assure him that it alright to wake up. Tell him how much you love him.”

“Thank you Dr. Heechul.” Yunho said.

“You’re welcome. You’re Yunho right?”

“Uh. Yeah. Umm, why?”

“Nothing much. It’s just that Jaejoong had been talking about you these past few days.” Heechul looked at him, his eye brows raised. He walked away as the elevator door slid open. Without looking back he nonchalantly said, “I think he likes you.”

~*~*~

“Yo. Heard you’re getting released this afternoon?”

 The man lying on the bed looked up from the book he was reading, his lips broke into a grin as he watch his friends enter his hospital room. “Yeah. My cousin Hyoyeon is already taking care of the papers I need.”

“Nice. So how was your stay here? Sorry we couldn’t visit you earlier.” Yoochun said, he was feeling a little guilty. They were too busy at school that they can’t visit Brian and Junsu.

“Nah. It’s alright. I know what it’s like to study at SM University of Arts. Me and Hwanhee took some advance classes during our senior year remember? Gosh, that was hectic.” Brian said in an understanding voice. He couldn’t help remembering his encounters during that time. It was fun, but really tiring. After that stint, he and his cousin Hwanhee decided to study in a different university after graduation. (A/N: I swear I have nothing against SME.. XD)”So where’s Yunho, Hongki and Jaejin?”

“Yunho went straight to Junsu’s room to deliver his Mom’s lunch, but he said he’ll come by after. Hongki and Jaejin can’t make it. Jonghun here says Jin needs to finish some project and Hongki’s grounded.”

“Come to think of it, you never told us why Uncle grounded him.” Changmin said, tilting his head to the side. All eyes landed on Jonghun who gulped in his nervousness, his cheeks are red as he remembered what happened that night.

*FLASHBACK*

(A/N: I realized this was my fourth..? Fifth? Author’s note.. Am I already annoying? I just want to say that this happened right after JongKi’s encounter with Jo Kwon, Kwon Jiyong and Lee Jinki in the last chapter.)

With the thought of a whole night to themselves, Jonghun practically dragged Hongki back to the Lee’s house. Hongki chuckled at his boyfriend’s attitude, but he couldn’t deny that he wasn’t excited as well. It had been too long since they had last done it. He could feel his heart beating faster as their simple three story house came into view. Seeing the approaching couple, the night shift guard opened the gate and bowed as they walked past.

“Good evening, Jaesuk-ah.” Hongki called out to the older man, but Jonghun was walking so fast they were halfway up the driveway before he could finish his sentence.

Kim Jaesuk is a security guard who had been working for the Lee family for as long as Hongki remembers. He smiled fondly as he watched the couple entered the house. Surely those two are up to something again. Everyone on the household knows about their relationship although they hadn’t announced it officially. The two had tried their best to keep it a secret but they were too obvious anyway that by the end of their first week together, everyone had guessed what going on. None of the staff minded their relationship though; in fact they thought they were a cute couple.

The man’s musings where interrupted but a horn of a car. Puzzled he walked nearer the gates. He gasped in surprise as the tinted windows rolled down and his eyes met with deep brown eyes. It was accompanied by a deep melodious voice which said, “Open the gates.” Muttering a low “” under his breath he sneaked a worried glance towards the dark house before opening the gates once more and letting the car pass through. He watched the car drive up the driveway and a tall stoic man gets out of it. Looking up the three story house he can’t help but think, /This is bad. Very bad./

Inside the house, the two lovers are unaware of the disaster coming their way. Upon entering the house Jonghun trapped Hongki against the main doors using his body. He captured the latter’s lips in an intense lip lock, their tongues and fighting against one another. He sneaked his hands inside Hongki’s t-shirt wanting to touch his lover’s hot skin, as Hongki hooked his arms around his neck. After a bit of exploring he finally found his lovers s. It immediately hardened as he sensually played with it using his thumbs. Hongki arched his back and let out a y moan at his lovers ministrations.

Bothered by their clothes they parted for a while as they both stripped their upper garments off. Throwing their clothes to God knows where, they once again engaged in another lip lock, a more gentler and shorter one than the last. Jonghun diverted his attention to Hongki’s creamy white neck as he wrapped Hongki’s legs around his waist and started for the couch in the living room.

They haven’t taken more than two steps when the main doors opened and someone turned the lights on. Startled,  Jonghun and Hongki turned towards the front door. Hongki let out a gasped as he realized who it was. Next to him, he felt Jonghun tensed up at the new arrival.

The tall stoic man narrowed his deep brown eyes as he surveyed the scene in front of him. Using his deep voice once again he said, “What the hell is happening here?”

Jonghun and Hongki both flinched at the question. They exchanged glances before Hongki said in a soft and terrified voice, “Appa..”

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Kibum narrowed his eyes as he took note of the slight blush in Jonghun’s face, who seemed to be trapped in his own world. “I think I get it.”

His words snapped Jonghun out of his thoughts. “Get what?”

“Why Hongki was grounded~” He answered in a sing-song voice.

“Eh?Why?” Changmin asked next to him.

Kibum’s smirked as he watched Jonghun nervously gulp down. “Uncle caught you doing it, didn’t he?”

“N-no!” Jonghun denied but continued nonetheless, “W-well, we weren’t doing it. B-but let’s just say he saw us in a.. compromising position?”

“. What did Uncle say?” Brian said his eyes wide with fear. They had known Uncle Lee ever since they were kids. He may look cold at first look but his quite understanding when it comes to family matters. Problem is he is a very traditional man and he might not take it well if he found out that one – much less both – of his sons are gay.

“What do you think?! All hell broke loose! He was so angry, I really thought he gonna use me as his dummy for target shooting and shoot me full of holes!” Jonghun was obviously shaken by the encounter, his face was drained of all color. “When we told him that we’re together, he said ‘he trusted me and this is what he gets in return’! Then he kicked me out of the house! I haven’t seen Hongki since then! I talked to Jaejin and he said Uncle kept Hongki locked in his room. He wasn’t even allowed to attend his classes!”

The others could only comfort the obviously devastated man. As Uncle is known to be understanding and traditional, he is also known to be hard-headed. It surely will be hard to convince him that Jonghun and Hongki’s love is sincere and true. It’s practically impossible to convince the man to accept their relationship.

“What are you planning to do, now?” Changmin asked quietly.

 “I honestly don’t know.. I think I’ll wait for him to calm down then talk to him. I have to. I don’t want lose Hongki.” Everyone in the room could see desperation in his eyes. Changmin hugged him tightly – much to someone’s annoyance – and tried to assure the older man. “I’m sure you won’t lose him hyung. Uncle might be hard-headed and traditional but he isn’t unreasonable. He’s probably shocked when he found out. I’m sure, given time, he’ll understand.”

Jonghun turned to Changmin then to his other friends and smiled weakly. He can’t help but be afraid for his and Hongki’s future, but he knew Changmin is right. His love for Hongki is true and sincere and he’ll prove that to Uncle Lee. “Enough about me and my problems. We came here for Brian and Junsu, let’s forget my problems for a while. So Brian, what really did happen that day?”

“Oh, well..” Brian said uncertainly, he was quite uncomfortable now that he’s the center of attention. “I remember walking with Changmin hyung down the hallway. The elevator wasn’t working so I took the stairs. Changmin hyung and I parted by the door to the emergency stairs. As I was going down, I got a call from Hyoyeon then I felt something behind me. I don’t know what it was. I turned to look but next thing I know I was falling down the stairs. That’s.. that’s all I remember.”

“I see. Did the police talked to you already?”

“Yeah. They came by yesterday. The same guy who interviewed us about Junsu hyung’s accident. He was with some Chinese guy. Han.. HanKyu..?” (A/N: :P)

“I think it was Hankyung.” Changmin interjected.

“Oh yeah! That’s it!” Brian said, “But you know, I think it’s weird. They kept asking about a bunch of roses.”

“You were clutching some roses when I found you.”

“Really? Wait, you’re the one who found me?” Brian said in a worried voice. “Were you alright?”

“Yeah.” Changmin smiled reassuringly. “Well, of course I was kinda scared and shocked when I found you. But Kibum comforted me.” Changmin turned to Kibum and beamed at him.

“Oh I see.”

Yoochun noticed Brian’s dejected tone and was about to ask him if his alright when Yunho entered the room. As he entered the room, his friends noticed the goofy grin he was sporting. Yoochun raised his eyebrow at Yunho’s bizarre behavior. Had he finally become crazy? Behind him the other’s spotted the reason behind that goofy grin he was sporting.

Kim Jaejoong’s familiar petite figure stepped into the room.