Bloody Roses For You Chapter 4

Bloody Roses For You [Semi-Hiatus]

 

“Jaejoong?” Yunho was surprised, not only by the sudden appearance of the pretty boy and the fact that he knew the inspector but also at the sudden happiness that seemed to surge in him.

“Oh! Yunho.” Jaejoong smiled happily upon seeing his handsome savior earlier that day.

“You know each other?” Siwon asked, clearly surprised. Siwon knew that Jaejoong rarely make friends outside the hospital. The hospital is almost a second home to the frail boy.

“Yup! He helped me retrieve my necklace hyung gave me when it fell into the fountain.” Jaejoong said smiling at Yunho. Seeing his smile Yunho’s smiled back, his heart beating faster than normal.

“Yah! The one he gave you for your birthday? The one with the bear pendant?” Siwon asked, his face scrunched up while trying to remember. Jaejoong could only nod sheepishly at the inquiry.

“Thank God you found it. Chullie will definitely be mad if you lose his gift.” Jaejoong pursed his lips in a cute pout as he heard Siwon’s words. “Don’t tell Chullie about the incident and try not to lose it again okay?”

Jaejoong nodded his head, then he remembered why he was here. “Oh! Siwon hyung, hyung heard you were here for a new case so cooked food for you before he went to sleep.” Jaejoong said giving Siwon a bag which presumably was the food Heechul cooked for Siwon.

“Wow! My Chullie is so sweet~! So he was morning shift today, huh?” Siwon smiled dreamily thinking of his lover. (A/N I know, I know, this like the total opposite of his attitude earlier. XD)

“Yeah. He came back around an hour ago. He immediately slept after he cooked some food for you. He must be pretty tired.” Jaejoong said with a slight frown.

Yunho can’t help but smile as he was watching their conversation. He can’t help but notice the Inspector’s change of attitude while speaking to the younger man. He also can’t help but notice how cute Jaejoong’s expressions are. /Especially, his pout. So cute./

“Wait a minute...” the inspector paused, as if remembering something. “Don’t tell me you took the stairs all the way up to here!” Yunho was baffled by Siwon’s statement and can’t help but give the inspector what-the-hell-are-you-thinking look. /We’re on the sixth floor, duh! Why the hell would he take stairs when there are elevators available? Where the hell did he get that idea? Is he a retar--/

“Yup!” Jaejoong said verifying Siwon’s words with a wide grin. Yunho’s jaw dropped open at his answer while Siwon’s eyes looked like their ready to pop out any moment. Only then did Yunho and Siwon notice the tiny beads of sweat in Jaejoongs forehead. Taking in their reactions, Jaejoong tilted his head to the left, a questioning look in his face and said, “Why are you guys looking at me like that?”

“Yah! We’re on the sixth floor you know! You should have just asked one of the nurses to give it to me!” Siwon said his voice rising a couple of notches.

“Or you could have just used the elevator you know.” Yunho rolled his eyes, still can’t believe what he just heard.

Hearing their replies Jaejoong pouted his cute lips. “But hyung said I must personally give the food to Siwon hyung. And I don’t like elevators, i’m scared of riding one. So I took the stairs.”

Siwon could only sigh upon hearing the younger man’s words while Yunho felt shock and shame upon hearing Jaejoong’s words. “I-i… I d-didn’t know… I’m so sorry.”

Smiling gently Jeajoong turned to Yunho. “No, it’s alright. As you said yo--“

“--AANN! HELP! SOMEBODY!”

~*~*~

Changmin was sitting in the couch gazing at Yoochun while the man was clutching Junsu’s hand and whispering how sorry he was, how much he loves him and what else is he willing to give up just so Junsu would wake up. Sighing, Changmin roamed his gaze around the room, Mrs. Jung went outside a while ago to get something to eat, Hongki was comforting the silently crying Jaejin by the windows while Jonghun and Kibum are whispering about something in a corner of the room. From the looks of the two it probably was something serious. His gaze went back to Yoochun and can’t help feel his heart break looking at his miserable friend and sighed again.

The door opened and everyone turned to look as Brian walked in the room. Seeing their reaction Brian could only sigh. He went straight to the table and got hold of his things. “Hey, um. I need to meet up with my cousin in the airport. I’ll be back later, okay?” Before he turned to go Changmin saw Brian glance at him, then stepped out of the room.

Remembering something, Changmin got up followed Brian outside. “I’ll be back in a minute.” He said answering his friends’ questioning glance. Stepping outside he called out Brian’s name.

The man in question was already halfway down the corridor towards the direction of the elevators. He looked back towards Changmin with a questioning look in his face but did not stop. Changmin jogged towards him to catch up.

“Um… Listen… About what you said two weeks ago… I--“

“It’s alright.”

“Huh?”

“I… I already knew you liked Kibum hyung even before I confessed to you…”

At his word, Changmin’s eyes went wide and a blush crept up his face. “I-I’m sor--“

“No, it’s not your fault. I already knew, it’s just that I have to try, don’t I? But can you promise me something Min hyung?” The younger man asked uncertainly.

“What is it?”

“Can we go back to what’s it like before I confessed? I still… I still want to be friends with you, hyung.” Changmin could detect a tremor in Brian’s voice. Smiling softly, Changmin said, “Of course, Brian. Your one of my precious dongsengs.” (A/N Okay I have to say, that probably hurt. Poor Brian. XD)

Arriving at the elevators, both of them we’re surprised at the sign that said that the elevators are out of service. Sighing, Brian said, “Well, it’s the stairs then. Bye hyung, got to go.”

“Uh.. Okay, byebye.” Changmin said with a smile before heading back.

Brian’s cellphone chirped just as he was entering the emergency stairwell. He answered in the second ring. “Hello?”

“Oppa!! Where are you??” Smiling Brian can almost see his cousin pouting.

“I’m sorry Hyoyeon. I was caught up in some matters here but I’ll be there in a jiffy.”

“Promise?”

“Yup. Pro-- Wha--" Brian felt a presence behind him and was about to turn around when he felt himself pitching forward, as if someone pushed him from behind. He tumbled down the stairs. The last thing he heard was Hyoyeon’s voice calling him.

 “Oppa? Oppa? OPPA!!”

~*~*~

Walking down the corridor something caught Changmin’s eye. Looking closer he saw it was Brian ring. He knew because it was a gift from Brian’s late mother and he never took it off. It must have fallen earlier. Picking it up, he turned back and jogged towards the stairwell, thinking he could still catch up with him.

He opened the door and was about to jog down the stairs when stopped, shocked at what he saw. Brian was lying in a pool of blood down the landing.

“Oh my God. BRIAANN!” Turning back towards the door, he yanked it open and shouted with all his might. “HELP! SOMEBODY!”

Not bothering to look if someone is indeed coming, he rushed down the stairs towards Brian’s side. Kneeling down he saw how pale Brian was. He reached out to check his pulse and that’s when he noticed that Brian was clutching something in his right hand.

/Roses?!/