Bloody Roses For You Chapter 1

Bloody Roses For You [Semi-Hiatus]

 

The phone call came just before lunch. Yunho just finished helping the servants set the table, while his mother was in the kitchen cooking for lunch. Songih, one of the maids, was about to answer it when yunho stopped her saying he’ll get it. He had been waiting for a call from his cousin, Junsu, who didn’t come home yesterday.

/Damn you, hyung! How could you make us worry so much?/ Yunho fumed as he lifted the receiver to his ears. “Hello?”

“Hello? May I speak with Mrs. Jung?” the caller’s way of speaking sent chills down his spine.

“This is Jung Yunho, her son. May I know who’s calling?”

“This is Inspector Choi Siwon of Seoul Police Department. I would like to talk to your mother regarding your cousin, Kim Junsu.”

“Oh.. if you could just wait..” trying not to jump to conclusions, Yunho set the receiver down on the side table processing the callers words. /Something must have happened!/

“Omma! Someone from the police department wants to talk to you on the phone…” Yunho called towards the kitchen.

Yunho’s mother walked in the living room with a frown and hurriedly grabbed the receiver. “Hello? Jung Yaeha speaking..”

“Good morning ma’am. This is Inspector Choi Siwon from Seoul Police Department. I called regarding your nephew, Kim Junsu.”

“Oh my god, what happened?”

Yunho held his breath. He can’t exactly hear the inspectors words, but his heart kept pounding from fear for his hyung.

“I’m sorry ma’am, but your nephew was involved in a car accident earlier this morning. He is currently being attended to at K Medical Hospital’s Emergency Room.”

“Oh God..” Yunho’s mother paled upon hearing the news and started to sway on her feet. Yunho reached out to steady his swaying mother, his brows furrowed with worry. “Omma! Are you okay? What happened to Junsu hyung?”

“We would like to meet you at the hospital later if possible so that we could further discuss the details of the accident.”

“Yeas, we’ll be right there.” Yunho’s mother set the receiver down on the cradle and faced his worried son. “Get dressed Yunho. We’ll be going to the hospital, your hyung was involved in a car accident.”

~*~*~

They arrived at the hospital no more than 15 minutes later. Upon arrival, Yunho cornered a passing nurse and asked where they could find a patient named Kim Junsu who was involved in a car accident.

“I think he’s still with Dr. Kim in cubicle 3. Don’t worry sir, Dr. kim’s one of the best in here. Mr. Kim Junsu is in perfectly good hands.” And with that the nursed turned away walking towards the direction she was going to before Yunho cornered her.

After belatedly saying thanks to the nurse’s retreating back, Yunho led his mother to a set of chairs nearest cubicle 3 and sat them both down. After a moment, Yunho started to fan himself despite the fact that the aircon was set on full blast. His mother can’t help but notice how her son’s brows furrowed and the discreet sighs that escaped from his lips. Clearly, Yunho is uncomfortable with something.

After 15 agonizing minutes, the curtains parted and gave way to a pretty doctor. They immediately stood up and caught the doctor’s eyes.  As the doctor approached them, a startling realization came to him. The doctor is actually a male.

“Are you Kim Junsu’s family? I’m Dr. Kim Heechul, his attending doctor.”

“How is he doctor?” Yunho’s mother said, worry and fear evident in her voice.

“Don’t worry ma’am. He’s out of danger now. We just need to give him blood transfusion to replace the amount of blood he lost during the accident. Luckily, we have his type in our blood back. After that we will transfer him to a regular room.” The doctor said and smiled comfortingly at the worried relatives.

“Thank god,” Yunho’s mother breathed out and sat back down. “Thank you so much doctor.”

Yunho released the breath that he didn’t even noticed he was holding. Junsu hyung is very important to him. He had always been like an older brother to him since Yunho was very young despite not being blood brothers.

Dr. Kim said you’re welcome, smiled again and went back in. Yunho sat down beside his mother and started fanning himself again. His mother touched his shoulders, “Do you want to go to the garden? I know you hate hospitals and yet you kept me company.”

“Omma! Of course I’ll keep you company! I’m worried about hyung too, you know! Besides, I’m fine. I just hate the smell that’s all.”

“Honey, Junsu’s out of danger now, okay? Go to the gardens and get some fresh air. Your pale.”

“But Omm—“

“No more buts, Yunho”

“Are you sure you’re alright here all alone?”

“Of course I am. Now go!” his mother said, giving Yunho a little shove.

~*~*~

Yunho pushed the glass door open and stepped outside. He was still worried about his mom being alone waiting in the hallway but he couldn’t deny the fact that he was way uncomfortable inside. Before proceeding to the hospital park, he stopped, took a deep breath and surveyed the area. Nothing much changed since he was last here 10 years ago. Seeing the familiar place brought back some bitter sweet memories from his childhood.

As a child, Yunho was often plagued by a particularly bad case of asthma and spent considerable amount of his childhood in this very hospital. He always have to come for regular checkups and was even admitted more  times than necessary after a vicious attack. The time he had spent here laying in his hospital bed, attached to a dextrose and suffocating from the strong odor of antiseptic are probably the contributing factors to his aversion and discomfort towards hospitals.

/If it wasn’t for hyung, I’d be more than happy not to set foot in a hospital ever again. .. sigh… okay fine, so that was a bit on the melodramatic side, but they can’t really blame me though./ Yunho pouted at the thought and started towards the park.

Yunho had been 9 when he last came here, that was the a week before his family went overseas , where they lived for the last 10 years. Actually, they just moved back here in Korea almost month ago. Walking deeper into the park he heard the sound of splashing that’s probably coming from fountain way deep in the park. The sweet sound of splashing of water brought back sweet memories of his childhood friend and first love, Juju.

*Flashback*

6 year old Jung Yunho, walked deep into the park, smiling happily that he’s finally outside the hospital. His mother allowed him to go outside after his regular check up while she was talking to their family doctor. Young Yunho had always loved the park since it’s the only place where he could play freely. But he especially liked the fountain deep in the park. The sound of the water makes him real calm and peaceful and that’s where he headed.

As he neared his destination, he heard the splashing of water and walked faster. He rounded the corner and stopped in his tracks, shocked at what he was seeing. /Angel…/ That was the first thing he thought as he saw a little girl balancing at the rim of the fountain trying to reach for something in the water. The little girl shuffled forward a little in an another attempt to retrieve something in the water but she it seems she lost her balance and cried out as started to fall backwards. “Yah!”

Young Yunho rushed to save the little girl and they both fell in a heap with the little girl sitting on top of him. “Oww.”

“I’m so sorry.” The little girl said in a small sweet voice as he crawled down from him.

“Ohh, it’s alright. Were you hurt?”

“Nope. I wasn’t hurt because you caught me in time.” Sweet smile. “How about you?” Her doe eyes filled with worry.

“Ohh, I’m fine.” Smiles back. “I’m Yunyun”

“I’m J-juju.” She, her face a bright shade of red, looked down on the ground as she stumbled on her name.

*End of Flashback*

After that incident Yunho had been friends with Juju for three years before his family went overseas. They always meet by the fountain. He last saw her ten years ago, on his last visit in the hospital. /I didn’t even had the chance to say goodbye./ Yunho sighed as he rounded the corner, only to stop in his tracks. His eyes widened and he whispered,

“..Juju?”