1AM

The Next Queen to Be

Dara stumbled out of the stall wearing a long stunning hot pink dress that was dazzled with rhinestones from the waist up. Six inch heels clacked against the floor as she caught herself before she strutted her way outside of the dressing room. Stopping momentarily, she shouted, “Are you ready to see??”

“Yes woman come on you are killing me already!” Minji shouted back, clearly impatient as she folded her arms wearing a knee high cut red strapless dress, the hem of the dress was covered in ruffles. She puffs her cheeks, tucking some hair behind her ear before Dara peeked her head from behind the curtain.

“Get ready to have your mind blown!” She giggled before counting out loud. “One…two…three!” She pushed the curtain aside and squealed loudly with a bright smile on her face, feeling beautiful before Minji’s own squeal topped hers.

“Oh my god, unnieeee!” She made grabby hands at Dara and quickly waddled towards her, instantly wrapping Dara in her arms. “You look absolutely gorgeous!”

“Wah- you think??” Dara laughed and hugged Minji back just as tight.

“Oh, I know so!” She replied before pulling back, squeezing Dara’s arms gently before demanding for her to spin around so she could see her fully. Laughing, Dara did as she was told and then posed for her maknae, making a cute face. “Youngbae oppa!!” Minji shouted, glancing back before palming her own cheeks. “Come see Dara’s dress!”

After a few moments, Youngbae and Seungri both came around the corner dressed in formal suits while Seungri was struggling to fix his tie. When Youngbae met eyes with Dara, he looked her from head to toe before playfully letting out a loud, “Damn!”

Dara blushed almost immediately, biting back her smile as he looked very nice himself. Instead of giving him a thank you, she decided to place her hands behind her back and sway from side to side with her head held high. “What is it you’re ‘damn!’-ing for?” She mocked his words just as loud as him but more in her own way.

He cracks a laugh, shaking his head before rubbing his chin. “That wallpaper behind you is damn fine,” He replies, giving her a single wink before walking over to her and smiles. “You look really beautiful, it’s a shame I’m not taking you to the New Years’ dance because I would have the hottest date.”

“Hottest?” She tilted her head before feeling her forehead, looking over at Minji who was laughing at Seungri. “Maknae!” Looking away from Seungri, she raised her eyebrows and came over. “Do I feel hot to you?” Dara took Minji’s hand and put it to her own forehead before removing it.

Youngbae covered his mouth to hold in his laughter, not wanting to make her upset by laughing at her misunderstandings.

“Aigoo unnie, Youngbae thinks you’re y!” Minji nudged her arm and giggled before Dara returned a light gasp to Youngbae. “y?! That’s—ew!”

“Hey if y is ew then all of the women love ew,” Seungri jumped in on the conversation, letting his knotted up tie stay the way it is.  He was then laughed at loudly by Youngbae, followed by a scoff. “What women??”

“Yah!” Minji slapped Youngbae’s wrist and gave him a light glare, mumbling afterwards. “I’m his women!”

“Women- no no, it is woman, Minji.” Dara corrected her with a proud nod. The group became silent. Dara stared at the three who were staring back at her. “What..?” She then had her arm pinched by Minji before she let out a shriek. “Aahh! Why did you do that?”

“Who are you and what have you down with the stupid Dara?!” Minji gasps, the other two boys still in shock.

“Stupid?!” Dara shouted back feeling slightly hurt before she shoved Minji into Seungri. “Excuse you, that was very rude and I do not believe that you are qualified to say such things to your unnie!”

Stumbling, Seungri caught Minji before a laugh crawled out of . “Oh my god guys she’s smart- since when?!”

Youngbae and Seungri laughed along with her, making fun of Dara. She furrowed her eyebrows, slowly looking down before her left heel was hit against the floor in a sad pout. “Yaaah, you guys are just like Chaerin! So mean!”

“We’re just yanking your tail, cheer up Dara!” Youngbae calmed his laughter and hugged Dara close.

“Tail-“ of course she had to peek over her shoulder and touch her , parting her lips afterwards then pushed Bae away from her gently. “I don’t have a tail, what? Am I an animal now?”

Minji palmed her face, turning red to resist the fits of laughter that wanted to burst out of her.

“Aye aye, the Dara we know is back within 60 seconds guys,” Seungri scratched the back of his head before pursing his lips also trying to hold his own laughter in.

Dara puffed her cheeks out, scrunching up her nose along with it and then let the air out slowly. “No but seriously y is ew, how dare you think of me that way Bae, I’m a !” She had an innocent yet serious look on her face. This girl was damn serious that y is ew!

“Yah,” Youngbae shook his head and then wet his lips as he was ready to explain. “y means like very attractive Dara- on a higher level.” She tilted her head, looking at him for a moment before she shrugged and turned to go back inside the dressing room. “You could have just said that I’m attractive!”

Bae shook his head after she left, a smile forming on his lips before he mumbles under his breath, “She’s amazing…”

“Guys- g-guys!” Seungri struggled to hoarse out his words, making the other two quickly turn to him. He was still trying to fix his tie and at this point he had really done it all wrong. He made it too tight and couldn’t fix it. “Guys!”

“Oh my god, yah!” Bae quickly started to undo the knot while Minji’s eyes widen. “Oppa!”

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“With my steak, could I please have a salad to go with that?” The waitress nodded with a sweet smile as she finished Bom’s order before bowing and informing the two that their food would be out very soon. Bom sighed softly, pushing her hair behind her shoulders before she took a light sip of her water. It had been a long day for Bom and she just wanted to relax and fill her empty stomach up. She had been swamped with school work because her counselor has been pushing her to do well in her future interview with one of the top Universities in Seoul. So of course, she was getting pushed behind on her school work to make sure she participated in plenty of activities to add on to her college applications. Pursing her lips, she caught Top’s eyes watching her. “What?”

“You’re so prepared and organized for your life ahead,” He replied, resting his elbows on the table with his chin in his palm. He’s been slow with Bom lately, trying to let her come to him like Yougbae had suggested before.

“Well isn’t that what everyone should do and be like? If you’re not prepared for something you, there’s a higher chance that you will fail.” Giving a light shrug, she wets her lips quickly.

She was right, he couldn’t deny it. “Well that’s good that you think that way I guess, some people don’t.” He takes a sip of his tea before glancing over at the cooks behind the counter, his stomach beginning to rumble.

“You’re really hungry aren’t you?” Bom chuckles softly, glancing over at the cooks as well before their food is soon brought to them. She sighs in relief when she takes the first bite of her steak after cutting it up, chewing her food while spreading ranch dressing on her salad. On the other hand, Top was devouring his barbequed chicken, leaving sauce stains all over his lips.

Bom slowed her chewing almost to a stop before swallowing and touching her lips, “You..,have some sauce there.”

When he finally realized what a mess he was making on himself, he felt embarrassed and quickly got a napkin to clean his mouth. Mumbling afterwards, he looked down. “Sorry…I’m just really hungry.”

“It’s okay,” a soft chuckle passed her lips before taking a bite of her salad.

“How come you girls like your salads so much?” With a tilt of his head, he began to eat again. Things were certainly nowhere near perfect between these two. It was slightly awkward and he really didn’t have much to start a conversation so he just went with something simple.

“Because they’re healthy?” She raised an eyebrow at him before she removed the lettuce from her fork by her teeth. “What’s with you guys and your stupid questions?”

“I don’t know because I’m not every guy, but of course you wouldn’t know that would you?” Top stared across the table at Bom in her eyes, not even blinking. She has been thinking he is just like every other guy she’s ever been with it and he surely does hate that because the last time he checked she’s not like every girl he’s ever met. So if he doesn’t put that title over her head, why does she get to?

Bom sighed, leaning back in the booth as she looked elsewhere. She suddenly felt like her appetite disappeared in her emotions so she couldn’t even finish her food. Giving a single nod, he placed money on the table before getting up to walk out.

She sat there quietly, letting the voices in her head stop her from following after him. AIsh, why does she always worry what other people would think? Why can’t she start living for herself for once? “I’m sorry….” She whispers under her breath before getting up and walking out the door. She wasn’t following him though, she was leaving herself. These two really were making no sense.

A few weeks ago, Bom and Top kissed during a game they were playing with a group of her friends. Ever since, nothing has been right between the two. Everything has been awkward, nothing is making sense and their emotions are floating in outer space. Neither of them know the deep facts about each other, that’s their problem because neither will open up. When we mean neither, we really just me Bommie.

Just up ahead from the restaurant, Top was walking home with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He sighs, shaking his head slightly. What is love anyways? Everyone has their own answer to that question. Top hasn’t had the worst life. Yeah, he was not so wealthy throughout his life but he didn’t have as many bad turns in his life like many others have had. Now that that the gang was finally back in Seoul, he knew his way around because these were his streets.

He made his way to the bus station and sat down on a bench as he waited for the next train. Not even five minutes into his wait, a female decided to take a seat right beside him. He looked to his side and she was looking at her feet. “I’ll tell you everything…”

“What?” He questioned her in a confused tone, looking at Bom from the side.

“My story… my background…”

“You don’t have to do that, and by the way did you walk all the way here and follow me?” His eyebrows furrowed. He was worried for her because walking the streets alone this time of the night wasn’t always the best decision for a young woman like her. Especially when he had no clue she was following him. What if something had happened and he couldn’t help her because he wouldn’t have known?

“I do have to tell you,” she glanced at him biting her bottom lip before letting out a shaky breath. “It’s the only way you will know I’m not just shutting you out because I’m cold or something.”

“Yah, I don’t think you’re cold, I think you’re troubled.” He brushed her bangs back and then brought his hand back down to his own lap. “I’m not forcing you to tell me anything, I’m not the easiest guy to talk to anyways because I’m bad with my words and bad at expressing my feelings sometimes. I just know I like you, all that extra stuff is hard.” He admitted, feeling her reach for his hand before their fingers intertwined.

“My parents were perfect.” Bom looked ahead to gaze into her own mindset as she began to speak. “They were absolutely perfect…”

“That’s impossible, no one is perfect.” Top shook his head, glancing down at their intertwined fingers.

She nods slowly, “To me, they were perfection in my eyes.” Looking at him for a brief moment, she continued.

“My umma was a school teacher, gosh she loved children. She would do anything for a child. My appa, he was a doctor. That’s actually how he met my umma, because for a while her life decided that she was too happy and something needed to go wrong. But if she hadn’t gotten sick she probably would have never met my father or had me. She had developed a deadly cancer but my appa was so good at his job he was able to treat her until he knocked out the cancer and weakened it temporarily. He knew it would come back one day because it couldn’t be killed instead one day it would kill its host.”

“It just happened, they fell in love and he knew he didn’t want to waste another good day without her and she didn’t want to spend her last days of life in misery. My appa made her so happy, things were great then and when they had me they were thrilled. I was an only child, but that’s all they needed and all they wanted. When I turned three, my umma died. My appa was heartbroken…he waited until I was older before I he started answering all of my questions about her. He used to just tell me that she was just taking care of all the kids in school and she would be back soon. For a while, I worried that she cared more about those kids instead of me but that wasn’t the case. I was just a kid you know? I didn’t know nor did I understand.”

Top sighed lowly, biting his bottom lip before leaning in to wipe the tears that had fallen and stained her cheeks. “I’m sorry…” He whispered to her quietly, she only returned a single nod to him. Soft sniffles sounded from her nose as she tried to clear her sinuses before looking at the bus that was arriving. “Can we go home now?”

He lifted his head to see the bus before nodding; glancing around before he gripped her hand as he stood up, “Let’s go.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

~CL’s P.O.V~

 

 

After a week or so, I finally gave in and went to Jay’s house even though it was really late. He was probably awake anyways because he has too much insomnia. With my hands in my pockets, I stand in front of his house and of course his bedroom light it on. I pull out my phone and texted him, asking for him to come outside because I really didn’t want to go inside.

A few moments later, he was looking out of his window at me and motioning me to come in but when I shook my head, my eyes fell to the ground. He came outside afterwards, fixing his hoodie because it was freezing. “Hey, why are you out in the cold?”

“Because I didn’t want to come inside…look we need to talk.” I play with the grass with the base of my shoe before he finally speaks again. “What are you afraid to be in my house now?”

“No that’s not it; I just like the cold better. It helps my think more clearly.” I replied, giving a low sigh before I buried my hands further into my jacket pockets. I was cold, but I still didn’t want to do anything about that.

“Alright well, what do you want to talk about?” He asked, shivering unnoticeably.  

“I’m sorry that I’m an , for pushing you away, for just being mean…I can’t help it.” I bite my bottom lip, looking at him before quickly losing eye contact with him.

“No it’s fine, it’s me. I shouldn’t have pressured you like that.” He reaches out to me but I mumble out another low rejection and move from him. “I can’t do this with you, I can’t love you I’m sorry. You’re the only person I have left and it’s not fair if I let you throw it all away for a relationship that would probably end us anyways.”

At this point I’m sure I’m crushing him. But what am I to do? It would never work out plus I feel like I would enjoy our friendship better than a relationship. “My heart is still forever set on someone else Jay, I’m really sorry but….you’re my best friend so please don’t shut me out.”

After a few moments of silence, I heard him finally release the faintest and heaviest sigh ever. I close my eyes, swallowing the cold air wishing it would somehow freeze my emotions so I couldn’t feel anymore. “Don’t shut me out either; I’m always here for you no matter what Chae. That’s what you don’t understand; you’re always the one pushing me away. You don’t need to apologize, I get it. It’s totally understandable but I was the jerk for being mean to you as well.”

I nod, it was the truth; I shut everyone out because I’ve been hurt too much. I’m afraid to hurt, and the sad thing is I’ve been hurting for a very long time now. I’m living my fear every moment that passes in every day. Once again, he reaches out to pull me closer to him. I finally for once don’t fight it and I give in, keeping my eyes away from his and allows him to hug my freezing smaller frame. I wrap my arms back around him and bury my face into his neck, blocking my face from the cooler breeze. He was warm and he smelt nice. I had never noticed how great it would feel to be in his arms without us fighting.

Maybe I did have some type of feelings for the kid but they would never be enough. My heart would never belong to him and I cannot force my heart to move from the person it is set on. “I should go…”

He releases me after a few extra seconds and nods, “Do you need a ride? It’s really late-“

“I’ll be okay, don’t worry.” I wipe my face as I pull away slowly before looking at him. “I’ll see you later?”He gives me a faint smile and waves before nodding.

 

 

***

 

That was the right thing to do, wasn’t it? Sometimes I don’t know why I even bother to wait on Jiyong to remember me. The doctors said it would never happen, so why do I still hang on? I guess I owe him at least that much. Life isn’t fair, you know? Why has such things happened in my life? I have no mother, no family, only God knows who my father is… I lost the only good thing in my life so what do I still have left? Because I’m slowly losing myself—I’m dying slowly.

When I arrive back to the mansion, the front door is locked and of course I left my keys in my room. Well this isn’t new at all, is it Chae. Shaking my head, I walk around to my room and then I realized that Halmeoni had placed a whole bunch of equipment in the backyard right under my damn window. Really halmeoni?! I pick the nearest window and start to climb up the tree before reaching the balcony. Once I get to it, I quietly enter the room through the sliding door and shut it. When I turn around, there was a book lying in the floor that I accidentally kick and it slides against the floor hitting the leg of the desk. “Aish!”

Waking up up, Jiyong rubbed his eyes trying to focus his vision on me. I stop, biting my bottom lip before he mumbles in a tired voice. “You have a habit of staying out too late.”

“Oh whatever, I’m going to bed.” I proceed to exit before he calls my name while sitting up. “Chae?”

“What is it?” I glance back at him, raising an eyebrow. “Why are you coming inside through my balcony?”

“Because the front door is locked, I left my keys in my room and halmeoni had stuff blocking my way to get back up to my room.” I rub my face exhausted before exhaling deeply. “Can I go now?”

He nods slowly, looking at the time as he sees it one in the morning. “Go sleep, it’s really late.”

After I leave his room, I go back to my room and change clothes into warmer ones. A heavy yawn flowed out of my mouth before I crashed right on my bed and curled up under the covers. My eyes weren’t closing; instead, they were staring at the clock. I’m quiet for a moment, taking in the pain before I feel my heart drop even farther in my chest. It’s three years to the day you forgot me.

 

 

 

 

 

I AM FINALLY BACK MY READERS. I am sooo sorry for my long absence and the first thing I ask is are my readers still here?? ;-; I tried really reread the other chapters and reform my ideas and give a good update. Please tell me your thoughts on everything guys~

See you on the next chapter! <3