Guards Down

The Next Queen to Be

“Chee Elle! Chee Elle!” Haru was running around the house looking for CL. She couldn’t find her anywhere. She got sad and then stopped running with a sniffle. “C-Chee Elle?” Bom came around the corner and looked at the little girl.

 

 

~Bom’s P.O.V.~

 

 

I looked down at her. She’s sniffling and almost in tears. I walked a bit closer and said, “Haru?” She didn’t even turn to me. She just continued to stare at the floor. I knelt down beside her and tilted my head at her, “What’s wrong sweetie?”

 

She just glanced at me and looked around the room. “Chee Elle…” Really? Really now?? She’s still wants her? Why does this kid like her so much? I don’t understand. I took her hand and played with it a bit, “Chee Elle might be in her room sweetie.” She turned to the stairs and began to climb them one by one. She struggled a bit because the stairs are so big compared to her.

 

I followed behind her and then picked her up. “No I want Chee Elle!” She shouted but I just nodded and carried her up the stairs. “I’ll take you to her.” When we turned the corner to CL’s room, Haru made me put her down immediately. I watched her run to CL’s door and knock on it. “Chee Elle?” She smiled brightly and tried to open the door but it’s locked.

 

“C-Chee Elle…?” She slowly lost her smile still trying to open the door but there was still no response. She sat down in the floor next to her door and sniffled a few times. Oh my gosh, she looks like a little lost puppy. “Haru?” She just ignored me and continued to sit by her door. I sighed and walked over to her. “Do you want to come play with me?”

 

She looked at me while wiping her eyes, “Y-you play?” I chuckled and nodded. “But of course! Everyone plays cutie pie.” She giggled and then raised her arms in the air to me. I picked her up and carried her to my room. When we got there, I put her on the bed and she began to jump on it. “Whoa!” She glanced around the room. “You have a lot of stuff in your room!” I nodded and then pointed to the book shelf. “Do you like to read?”

 

“Read?” She stopped jumping and quirked an eyebrow. I nodded and she just stared at me. Hmm…I grabbed a book from the shelf and sat on the bed. I made sure this book has lots of pictures in it for her. She looked over my shoulder and then climbed over to sit next to me. “Uwah!” She pointed to one of the pictures. “What’s that?”

 

“That is a kitty cat!” I chuckled and then pulled her in my lap. “Oh she’s pretty!” She took the book from me and began to look through it on her own. I smiled as I watched her. Man, and I thought I was bad with kids. When she finished looking through this book, she ran to the shelf and grabbed another then came back. Gosh she’s cute!

 

“Bommie?” She looked up at me with a frown. “Where’s Chee Elle?” I shrugged slightly and played with her hair. “I don’t know.”

 

“Will I ever see her again?” I blinked at her. We duh of course you will! “Yes sweetie, she’s probably just not home right now. You’ll see her later.”

 

“You promise?”

 

“I promise.” What this kid is making me promise things? What’s she going to make me promise next? “Hey I have a question Haru.” She looked up at me, “What is it?”

 

“Why do you like CL so much?”

 

“Chee Elle?” I nodded and she continued. “Because!”

 

“Because? Because why? Isn’t she mean to you?”

 

She gasped and shook her head rapidly. “Oh no no no no way! I love Chee Elle!” She smiled at me but then frowned. Wait now she’s frowning. AHA! I knew it! She’s not as great as she’s been playing off lately! “Why are you frowning?” I asked her then she looked down at the floor.

 

Whoa it’s that bad? “Haru?” She looked back up at me, “She’s the closest thing I have to a mommy…” And then it happened. My heart sunk. OH MY GOD! I stared at her as she began to tear up.

 

“What happened to your mommy?” She let her tears fall, “I don’t know…One day she said she’s going to get me ice cream but she never came back.” ALRIGHT THAT’S IT MY HEART IS DEEP INTO THE OCEAN. But CL as a mom? Bwahahaha!!! What?! That girl is not capable of being a—Wait…I gasped in thought. Oh my God…CL doesn’t have a mother either. Maybe that’s why she…Oh my God! I hugged Haru to me and wiped her tears.

 

“Awe Haru…Don’t worry, CL will be back soon.” Oh no, Tablo and halmeoni will be back next week and he’ll be taking Haru…Oh no.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

~CL’s P.O.V.~

 

 

I’m lying in my bed. Asleep I think…But why am I in so much pain right now? I hear a knock on the door and someone enters. I groan slightly and hold onto my head. I feel someone’s presence near me but I can’t tell who it is. I continued to lie there in pain while scenes are flashing in my head. I can’t make out exactly what is going on until one certain scene flashes in my head.

 

I begin to whimper immediately. “N-no…!!” I grip onto the sheet and curl up in a ball. I see lots of smoke and loud screams, sirens and people are running around in panic. I’m standing there all bruised up and I have cuts on my arms and face. Someone is holding me back while I’m screaming and crying as well. I’m screaming out someone’s name but I don’t know whose name I’m screaming. Every time I scream the name, another sound overpowers my voice.

 

I feel someone’s hand holding mine. Who is in my damn room?! I try to wake up to see who it is but my mind only fades more into these dreams. “CL?” I hear a soft voice speak to me. It sounds like…A man’s voice? Then in my dream I hear the same voice! Someone’s calling my name. I run to them and grab their hand. They are all bruised up as well. But on the side of his head, he’s bleeding. He looks at me with tears in his eyes and I gently kiss his forehead. Who…? Then it all hit me. I know exactly who this is. This was no dream, it’s a horrific memory I’ve lived.

 

They carry the man away on a stretcher and into the ambulance. I run after him but again this same person before holds me back. I’m kicking and screaming and reaching out to the man they just took from me. Then all of a sudden, I felt like my soul left my body and directly went back to my past…

 

 

**********************************************************

 

 

“NO!! I can’t leave him! ANI!!!! Let me go!!!” I screamed and cried harder and started hitting the person who’s holding me. “Let me go Youngbae!!”

 

“CL stop you can’t do anything else!” Youngbae grabbed my wrist and I looked back at the ambulance. “Just let him go!”

 

“I can’t just let him go! I love him!” I pulled my wrist away and ran to the ambulance. I screamed his name once again but he just lied there on the stretcher with his eyes closed. I cried hard and the police tried to pull me out of the ambulance but I refused. “STOP IT LET ME GO WITH HIM!”

 

Youngbae ran and tried to grab my wrist. “He’s not going to live CL, just please I don’t want you seeing this!” I grabbed the man who’s lying on the stretcher’s hand and screamed as the police and Youngbae tried to pry me away from him. I shouted something that made everyone shocked, “If he dies, I die with him!”

 

 

**********************************************************

 

 

Then at that moment, my soul went back to my body in the present. I’m sweating and crying in my sleep. Someone’s next to me. They’re holding my hand and looking at me worried. I still have my eyes closed trying to pull myself to wake up but again I fail. I felt like a bullet just shot through my heart and I slowly stop breathing. “C-CL??” The man’s voice says again. He lies me on my back and checks for me breathing but I’m not.

 

“Y-YAH!” He pushed my bangs out of my face and his eyes widen seeing me become pale.

 

 

~Jiyong’s P.O.V.~

 

I stared at her for a few seconds. She’s not moving or breathing. I panicked and right when I went to scream for the others, she grabbed my wrist gently and turned her head to the side slowly while speaking softly, “I-I’m sorry I left you…”

 

What? Who is she talking about? Who did she leave? I check for her breathing and she is. Thank God! But it’s faint…I stayed by her side for the next few hours to make sure she’s alright. I was lying next to her holding her close. The whole time she had her hand locked together with mine. She refused to let it go no matter what I did she wouldn’t let it go. I was kind of scared actually to even enter her room. But I heard her whimpering from all the way in my room so I had to come check on her.

 

I watched her sleep peacefully. She looks like an angel. She’s no longer pale. She’s just so beautiful…I looked around her room. Wow…Wow…”Wow!” I shouted but then my eyes widen. Aish you’re so loud Jiyong! I stayed quiet and made sure she didn’t wake up. I then looked around her room again. Awe…It’s not devilish! She has a shelf of her hats, a bunch of skateboards, and teddy bears.

 

I couldn’t believe my eyes. WHAT?! I thought she was mean! Well she is…But I thought her room would be devilish like the rest said! I gasped a bit and then looked over at a picture on her dresser. It’s of her and another guy. It must be from a few years back because she looks younger. Wait…I squint my eyes and try to look closer at the picture. I-Is that…? No way! It’s…me. CL she looks so happy. She has her arms around my neck in the picture and is laughing. I have my arms around her waist kissing her cheek.

 

What? I blink in confusion then look back at the sleeping girl next to me. Why am I in that picture? I don’t…I never…Why is… At this point I’m beyond confused. Why does she have a picture of us being like that? I’ve never met this girl in my life!…..Right? She began to slowly curl up closer to me. Now I’m kind of scared. I don’t understand what’s going on here. I only met this girl a few weeks ago! I rubbed my forehead and groaned slightly. Now I just want to get up and go back to my room but I’m afraid if I do, she’ll be whimpering and crying again. She looked so vulnerable a few hours ago. It’s like her guards were down…

 

I decided to stay with her a little longer and fell asleep in the process. But when I woke up, I wasn’t next to CL. I was now in my room alone.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

~Jay’s P.O.V.~

 

“No you idiot!” CL shouted at me and then shoved me away. I laughed and then chased after her. “Why not??”

 

“Because I said no!” She boarded faster away from me but I finally caught up and tackled jumped her into the grass. I love being like this with her. It’s fun because I know she’ll play along. “HYUNG!” She hit my arms hard and rolled away from me then tried to stand up. “Aish sorry not sorry.” I stuck my tongue out at her then helped her up but when she got up, she pushed me right back down.

 

I laughed and then sat up. “So how was your day?” I questioned her and she shrugged and sat back down. “Eh…”

 

“Eh?” I quirked an eyebrow at her while she’s rubbing her forehead. “What’s wrong?”

 

“My head is pounding.” She groaned and then took her hand down. “It has been doing this all day.”

 

I looked at her worried, “Are you alright?” She nodded slightly at me then pushed my hand away that’s gently touching her head. “Aish CL, why you never let people care for you?”

 

“Because.”

 

“Because why?”

 

“I have my reasons.”

 

I sighed and then lied back in the grass looking up at the sky. I’ve known this girl for a year and she’s never changed one bit. She’s exactly the same way when I first met her. I looked at her and she’s playing with the grass. “Hey can I ask you a question?”

 

She glanced back at me, “Hmm?” I bit my lip and then…”What do you think of love?”

 

“Love is a sickness.” She shrugged and continued to play with the grass. A sickness?

 

“Love is bad.” She shrugged and I slowly sat up. “Why is it bad?”

 

“It just is in my opinion. No reason…” Hmm…of course I would hear something like this from someone like her. It became slightly awkward between us so I wrapped my arms around her waist from the back and rested my chin on her shoulder. She is so beautiful and…I inhaled her scent. She smells so nice.

 

She blinked and looked back at me, “What are you doing hyung?” Oh crap, am I seriously in this position with her?! “Mm…I’m tired.” I closed my eyes and groaned slightly. I feel so comfortable right now I could really fall asleep! I’m not really tired, it was just an excuse. “Yah!” She pushed my arms away and moved away from me. I pouted and looked at her, “Yaaahhhh.” I was trying to sleep!

 

“So go home and sleep!” She stood up and then ruffled my hair. “I got to go, bye hyung!” She got on her board and left. Why do I feel—never mind…

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

It was now nighttime and there was total chaos throughout the mansion.

 

 

******************

 

 

“Give it back CL!” Minji chased CL around the house while CL was just laughing. She was running around with Minji’s underwear. “Look Seungri!” CL ran to him and showed him. Minji’s eyes widen and her jaw dropped while her face turned a bright red. He looked at the underwear and gasped. “Who’s—“

 

“They belong to the maknae!” She gave them to him then ran off. Minji grabbed them from Seungri and then ran to her room embarrassed. He just chuckled and then got tackled by TOP. “Hyung!”

 

CL slipped on the floor and fell on her then was tackled by Haru, “Chee Elle!” CL laughed and hugged her tightly, “Hey sweetie!”

 

“Where have you been?” She pouted and CL just kissed her cheek then put her hat on Haru and gave her a piece of candy. “I been busy today, I’m sowwy.” Haru giggled when CL put the hat on her and she smiled happily when she was given the candy. “Thank you Chee Elle!”

 

“Of course!” CL showered her face in kissed making her laugh and try to hide her face from CL.

 

Dara was on Jiyong’s back, “Oppa! Give me my phone!” She was whining and pouting but Jiyong just shook his head and spun her around. She squealed and held onto him tightly, “Oppa!”

 

Bom snatched her book from Youngbae, “Yah!”

 

“I want to read it though!” He whined and reached over her to grab it but she leaned back further. “Nuuu!”

 

“Why not?!” He playfully hit her arm and she hit his back then ran away with the book. “Noona!” He chased after her.

 

Ring…Ring…Ring…

 

Everyone was so loud and too busy messing with each other that nobody heard the phone ringing. It went to voicemail and guess whose voice came on?

 

“Hey guys! This is Halmeoni! We decided to come home early, we’ll be back soon. Love you guys and see you soon!”

 

Uh-oh…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*YESH! –feels accomplished- I got you guys an update! What do you think? Ooh…CL’s flashbacks and past memories…Uwahh…Interesting? :D

Comment your thoughts and let me know what you guys think about what happens in this chapter!

Love you guys! <3

-Brooke *