Halmeoni Returns

The Next Queen to Be
~Ji Yeon's P.O.V.~ 
 
I entered the mansion with Tablo and Sun Young and it's really quiet. Hmm, maybe they're all still sleeping? I check my watch for the time and it's almost time for them to leave for school. Well, maybe they have all went already. Sun Young took our suitcases and placed them in our rooms while Tablo rested on the couch and I search the house for Haru. 
 
I check all the rooms and it appears everyone has left for school already. But when I enter CL's room, I find her asleep in bed with Haru curled up in her arms. I'm shocked at this sight. Wow, who knew CL was capable of being this way especially with a kid. I decide not to wake her and just take Haru carefully from her arms and take her down to her father. 
 
When I give Haru to Tablo, she's sound asleep still. He thanks me and then leaves. I sigh and turn to this big house I'm in. I go to my office and find my papers on my desk all mixed up and I groan in frustration. I already put them all together once, why are they all messed up again?! "Aish these kids!" I sit at my desk and began to sort them out when Sun Young comes in my office and tries to help. 
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
~CL's P.O.V.~ 
 
I slowly wake up and look at the time on my phone. Ugh, it's almost eight in the morning. I sit up and look around the room for Haru but she's no where to be found. Where is she? I sigh and rub my forehead as I get up knowing I'll get detention if I'm late for school today. I quickly get dressed and go into the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth and do my hair and makeup. I think I already know where Haru is. I think Tablo must have come and got her this morning. 
 
I love that little girl, but it's better this way for me to not even get to tell her goodbye because I'm not good at saying goodbye. I'm ready for school and I head downstairs. Wow, everyone left me. Didn't even bother to wake me up for school. Jerks...I put my backpack on and carry my skateboard. I hear voices in halmeoni's office so I decide to go see if she has returned and unfortunately, she has. 
 
I knock on her door lightly and then enter. "You're back?" 
 
She looks up at me and smiles, "And you're awake!" Halmeoni grins. Sun Young smiles and hugs me quickly before offering me a ride to school. "Want me to give you a ride to school?
 
"No thanks Sun Young, I got a ride." She nods and halmeoni gets up to hug me. "You can just stay home today if you want, I don't mind. That's why I didn't wake you earlier." Earlier? What does she...
 
"What do you mean earlier?" I question halmeoni as I quirk an eyebrow. "Earlier when I got Haru from your room. Tablo took her back home so you guys don't have to worry about her anymore." Oh yeah, see I was right. I'm always losing people I love. Including...Well I don't even want to think back on it. "I don't feel like staying home." I tell her this and she looks surprised. What did I say? 
 
"CL wants to go to school?" Halmeoni asks me. Ugh, why did she have to say it? It was better left at I just don't feel like staying home. I shrug and then check the time on my phone. "Well, I'll be leaving now, see you later halmeoni." She kisses my forehead and nods. Eww...Can I just roughly wipe my forehead off now?? 
 
I leave the mansion and head for school. This blank expression on my face is actually working for me. Even though I'm secretly hurting for oh so many reasons, this blank expression keeps people from asking me one of the most annoying questions, 'Are you okay?' Ugh, I hate when people ask you that. Especially when most people don't even really care if you're okay or not. They just ask you to be polite. Tch, who cares??
 
I hurry my way to class and thankfully, I get there before the bell rings. I look around the class but...wait where is the gang at? There's no Bom, Dara, or Minji. I keep looking around and the guys are no where to be found either. What the? Jay's not even here. I furrow my eyebrows and try to do my work. I hate school, but it's my escape from being locked in a mansion with a bunch of people who I dislike. I hate living there, I always have. I miss my old apartment. 
 
When Minji's parents took me in, of course I came before Minji was even born. She thought I was her sister at first but I sure as hell wasn't and I'm glad I'm not. I hate Minji I really do, but I refuse to confess why. I left Minji's house and went out on my own when I was thirteen. Young age I know, but I actually ran away. I didn't care because I had too much going on in my life at the time and I just wanted to escape. 
 
I'm sitting in class trying to text Jay, but he's not answering my text messages. Aish, where is everyone?? Wait, maybe they got detention? Ahahaha that would be the first for them. Well, it wouldn't be a first for Jay, but for the others it would be.
 
It's now almost lunch time and it's my free period now. I'm walking around the school bored. I sigh and go to my locker to put my books away. I bet those idiots got put in detention. But why? I decide to head to the detention room but when I enter, no one is there. The room is empty and now I'm confused. They're no where else in this school! I've already checked everywhere pretty much. I hear their names now being called over the intercom to come to the office. Maybe they did something bad??
 
I highly doubt that. They're too good to be bad. I roll my eyes and pass the office but yet again, they're no where to be found. Okay, did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something? Alright that's it, I no longer want to be here anymore. I grab my backpack and skateboard from my locker and quickly and quietly sneak out the back of the school. 
 
I sigh in relief when I make it a block away from the school. Like usual, my success in skipping school. I chuckle to myself. Ah today is actually nice day, but I still don't understand where everyone went. I shrug and head farther away from school. My board leads me to the beach without me even thinking about it. Eh? Why did I come here...
 
I slowly walk in the sand and pick a spot to sit down. I take my phone and again I text Jay but there was still no answer. I sigh and rub my forehead. I don't even care anymore, I'm just glad I'm away from school and I'm finally alone. The way I like it. I play music on my phone and hum to it softly while looking out at the water. It's so nice to be alone. I sigh to myself after awhile. 
 
I'm almost eighteen years old, I'll soon be an adult. I can't wait till I am, because I'm leaving. I'm getting away from all of these people and I'll be happy to finally live on my own again. I turn my music off and then I hear...laughter. Ugh, I thought I was alone! I look around and the laughter gets closer. It sounds like...Well it's familiar. Alright whatever I guess. A few minutes later, I see them. It's a young boy and young girl. They look maybe like in their early teens I'm guessing? I don't know. 
 
Wait...I look closer, and...Is that...me? And Jiyong? Then I realize...I remember that day when me and Jiyong came to the beach together...I continued to watch, well young me and Jiyong. It's almost like I'm seeing my past while I'm awake in my present. A flashback? If that makes since. I stare at us and slowly my mind drifts off...
 
 
 
 
**********
 
 
 
~Young CL's P.O.V.~
 
 
"Aahh! Oppa!" I giggle as Jiyong picks me up and spins me around. He laughs and then puts me on the ground but holds onto my waist. I pout and try to pull away playfully but he just pulls me closer and refuses to let me go. "Baaaabe!" He nudges his nose on my cheek and then kisses it softly with a pout. I chuckle and then give in as I wrap my arms around his neck. "You're cute when you pout oppa." He gives me a cheeky smile and then nods. "Yes I know I am!" 
 
I playfully roll my eyes and then he presses his forehead against mine with an eye smile. Gosh, he's so...MINE!! "I got you a little something." He speaks to me softly while caressing my lower back. "Hm, you did? Awe, Ji you didn't have to get me anything." I slightly frown but he turns my from upside down when he pulls out a little box from his pocket. Omo, what's in there?! I watch him carefully but he just makes me turn around and close my eyes. Then I begin to pout, "Baby!" He quickly slips the box back in his pocket. 
 
"Shh," He takes my hands at my side and intertwines my fingers with his while standing behind me. "Do you still have your eyes closed?" He asks. I nod a bit and then I feel his face on the back of my neck. I blush feeling his warm breath on my skin. "Jiyong..." 
 
"I have something to ask you." He rests his chin on my shoulder and looks at me from the side while keeping our hands at my side and locked together. "Nae what is it?" I quirk an eyebrow while keeping my eyes closed. "What do you think about love?" Love? Awe...wait. I want to run away with my shyness leading me but I decide to stay and answer him while my face is turning a bright pink color. He kisses my cheek again when he notices it. "Hm, well love is something beautiful. It's the closest thing we have to magic. It's something everyone wants and hopes for but not everyone gets. Love is precious. And it's one of my favorite things about life." He slowly wraps his arms around my waist while pulling my back against his body. "What else?"
 
I smile and keep my eyes closed as I continue on. "Love is what a person gets and holds onto no matter what happens." I try to continue on but before I can, I hear his words being whispered into my ear, "I love you CL." He then puts a necklace around my neck. "You can open your eyes now." I open them and look at the necklace. It's...beautiful! Awe, and it says 'SkyDragon' on it. I turn to face him with a smile. "SkyDragon?" 
 
He nods, "You're my sky and I'm your dragon." Omg...He's so cheesy! I cover my face laughing softly, "You're so cheesy Jiyong!" He laughs with me and pulls my hands away. I stare into his eyes while he slowly intertwines our fingers together. "And I--......"
 
 
**********
 
 
 
~CL's P.O.V.~
 
 
 
At that moment, her words slowly faded. Well, my words when I was younger anyway. I continue watching me and Jiyong. But, I see my younger self slowly fade out and Jiyong is walking towards me. "CL, hey what are you doing here?" Wait why is young Jiyong talking to me? He can see me?? "CL?" He waves his hand in my face and right when his hand passes in front of my face, I now see the older Jiyong standing in front of me and my mind is now set back in the present. 
 
"CL?" I blink my eyes a few times and then clear my throat slightly. "Are you okay?" He stares at me oddly and I just look away and nod my head. "Y-yeah I'm fine." He nods and then I hear more laughter. I turn and I see everyone else. What the?! They skipped shool to come to the beach?? WITHOUT ME?! 
 
"CL?" Youngbae walks over to me with his arm around Dara's shoulder and chuckles. "What are you doing here?" 
 
What am I doing here? What are you guys doing here?! "I guess I could ask you all the same thing." 
 
Dara speaks up with a cute giggle, "Oh, it was TOP's idea to sneak out of school. Which was pretty easy if I might say." These kids...What do they think they are now? Ooh so bad. Tch. I just nod and I see Jiyong staring at me still in an odd way. "What?" 
 
He shakes his head slowly and looks away from me, "Oh nothing." So I'm sitting here in the sand. Youngbae and Dara are looking like a couple, Jiyong is staring at me, and the rest are playing over in the water. "Mhm, well this has become very awkward." I stand up and grab my stuff then head down the beach away from them. When I get further down the beach, I sit back down in the sand with a sigh. I look back toward Jiyong and again he is staring at me. What is with this kid??
 
After awhile, the sun is starting to set and everyone is still having fun down the beach without me. Like usual, I'm used to being left out of things. I hug my knees to my chest and I stare out at the water. I don't understand life sometimes. I don't understand a lot of things. Like...the fact I lose so much. Sometimes I wish I could go to sleep and never wake up. There have been plenty of times when I held a knife in my hand while crying my eyes out in the past. Mainly after the accident...
 
I don't know why I didn't take my own life years ago. Something told me not to I guess, but really I don't understand why I listened to whatever it is that told me not to. There's nothing left for me in life. I lost the only person I ever wanted and needed in my life. I slowly pull out a necklace that I wear under my shirt all the time so no one ever sees it. I stare at it quietly knowing it's all my fault that I lost that person. "You were my dragon and I was your sky..." 
 
"Cool necklace." Youngbae sits down next to me. My eyes slightly widen and I turn to him quickly trying to hide my necklace. He sighs and shakes his head, "You don't have to hide it from me CL." He takes my hands down from the necklace and stares at it for a few seconds. "You two were something back then huh?" I push his hand away and put the necklace back under my shirt so he can't see it anymore. 
 
"I don't understand you CL." 
 
"You never did." I coldly respond. 
 
"I know, and that's one of the things about you I admire." Wow... Dong Youngbae, still the dumb idiot. How long has it been again? "You're mysterious and nobody knows what you'll do next." Mhm, whatever. "Can I ask you something Chae?" I continue to stay quiet while looking away from him. 
 
He sighs and looks forward, "Why did you leave him?" Really...Is he seriously going there? 
 
"Leave who?" I roll my eyes and turn my head farther away from him. 
 
"Jiyong, why did you leave him?" He keeps looking forward. This is seriously asking to be slapped. "You loved him, I don't understand how you could be so cold and walk away from him." 
 
Why is this thing sitting next to me and why is he questioning me?! Just because he was apart of my past doesn't mean he needs to bring painful back up. Yes, I knew Youngbae in the past as well as Jiyong. Youngabe was Jiyong best friend. 
 
"CL, why did you walk away from him?" 
 
"Shut up Youngbae." I clench my fist slightly trying to hold my tears in. 
 
He sighs loudly and looks away more shaking his head. "You're still stubborn and selfish I see." 
 
"And that's your business how exactly? You're not apart of my life anymore." 
 
"Maybe not in your head but in history yes I was there. CL," He turns to me. "You walked away from him in the past. And you refuse to say why--" 
 
"Because he didn't remember me alright?!" I turn to him with a glare and then get up walking away leaving my stuff behind. 
 
He gets up and follows behind me. "Chae," He grabs my wrist and I pull away from him walking faster. "Look I'm sorry alright?!" He grabs my arm this time and pulls me around to look at him. "Would you just listen to me?" At this moment, my eyes are filling in tears. I never cry... Well it's very rare. 
 
"It wasn't your fault Chae..." 
 
I nod my head and try hard to keep my tears in. "Yes it was." 
 
"No it wasn't!" He makes me look at him and my eyes pierce his soul. He sees how much pain I am feeling. I have been like this for so long and I can't make myself happy anymore. Nothing, and no one can make me happy. 
 
I rip my arm away from him and shout, "It was too! He didn't want to go, he tried to talk me out of it but I begged him to come with me because I wasn't going to stay here any more! I was tired and ready to give up when Jiyong was the only person trying to help me! I loved him and I should have listened to him! But I only think about myself and that's why the accident happened! I left because I couldn't bare being around Jiyong anymore if he didn't know who I was anymore! Do you know how bad that hurt me?! That the love of my life didn't know who I was anymore?! DO YOU?!" 
 
At this point Youngbae is staring at me while watching my tears fall. Now, I think he understands me for the first time in his life. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
* Muhahaha I confused you guys didn't I? Good! /slapped. 
That's what my plan is...well kinda xD 
I can't give you all the details at once now can I? Therefore I must confuse you guys will only parts. 
Now I've figured out that my readers' favorite character is CL isn't it? 
So I shall add more CL in this story. 
I realize I'm so changing the whole plot of this story aren't I? >_> Aishh...It's still a good story though right? 
I'll try to stick to the real topic of this story but also keep this going about CL's past with Jiyong. 
I have to make it as interesting as possible because I don't want you guys to leave me. :3 
Don't worry if you're confused about what happened in CL's past, she'll be explaining it all in one go later mkay?
So stick around so you don't miss what happened! 
What do you guys think happened? 
See you on the next chapter~ ^^
-Brooke *