Uri

Luhan and Dara

Rustic, that was the word that immediately came to Dara's mind the instant she stepped inside the craft shop. Wooden walls, wooden tables and chairs, wooden cabinets; it felt like she has been transported into a cabin up in the mountains.

Little Nari giggles as Luhan tickles her. The two played around as Dara was getting a tour of the shop from Yeongho-seonsaengnim. Nari manages to escape from her tormentor while Luhan attempts a chase. Dara and Yeongho watches from the sidelines laughing.

It feels like home, she smiles.

"I'll make my famous coffee for the two of you." Yeongho tells Dara before he exits to an open kitchen followed closely by little Nari.

Dara starts looking at the various displays in the shop. Hanging from the wooden walls are paintings of various genres. They looked like they weren't supposed to share the same space but when viewed in the bigger picture actually compliments one another. Miniature busts and sculpture lines the cabinets; some were painted while others were left in their original color. Various trinkets and charms are littered throughout the entire shop. 

Dara stands in the middle of the room and looks at everything in awe. 

Hyesunnie has got to see this.

Luhan pokes her in the cheek. "What are you thinking?" 

Dara looks at him, "This place is like Heidi's cabin meets Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Everything is just beautiful and quirky. I love it."

Luhan's breath hitches as he looks at Dara's beaming face. She looks so cute that I just want to put her in my pocket if only that isn't illegal.

"I'm sure it loves you too. The quirky girl meets the quirky shop" Luhan takes her hand and leads her to a table adorned with tools and unfinished art projects. 

"When I feel stressed-out and suffocated, I would come here to relax. I would draw and paint or play with clays. At other times I'd just enjoy a cup of coffee with Yeongho-seonsaengnim or play with Nari. This is my secret haven." Luhan explains as he starts molding a clay.

"Well, it's not so much of a secret now." Dara observes his craftsmanship.

Luhan peeks at Dara from the side, "I wanted to share this place with you." he murmurs "And besides, I wanted to also help you relax with the help of art." 

He gives Dara a piece of clay. "Try making something out of it noona."

Dara takes the clump of clay and inspects it, "If you are a 2ne1 fan, you'd know that I don't have a talent for this."

"Try it first noona. Who knows, we might unlock a hidden genius in you." Luhan insists.

After a few minutes, Yeongho and Nari comes back to the room with three steaming coffee. The little girl, meanwhile, is clutching a strawberry milk in her hands and immediately sits beside Dara.

Luhan looks up to her "Noona, I must warn you that seonsaengnim's coffee is famous not for it being delicious but because it has the ability to burn your throat." Dara looks at the cups of coffee suspiciously.
 
"But, it gets better after a few more sips because by then your tongue and throat has already gone numb." he laughs jokingly. Yeongho ruffles Luhan's hair like a kid. "Saem!" 

"Unnie, what's that?" Nari points at the lump of clay in front of Dara. Everyone looks at Dara's 'artwork'.

She's been working on the clay for the past minutes; she first attempted to create something extravagant and when that failed she just resorted to rolling and stretching the clay. 

Dara grimaces at her piece. "Well, it doesn't appear to look any different from how it was when I first started working on it. It still is a clump of clay." she sighs defeatedly.

Luhan laughs loudly, "Noona, you're not artistically handicapped, you just have a weird sense for art." 

Yeongho pats her on the back, "Art is subjective." He takes Dara's clump of clay and puts it on display on one of the shelves. "We will name it Sandara Park's Clump of Clay." he says proudly.

Dara and Luhan laughs at this. Nari giggles, "Your jokes are as old as you grandpa." Yeongho tickles her as a reply. The shop is filled with laughter.

There is always that lull before the storm.


After an endless amount of promises to return to the shop, Dara and Luhan leaves a little after 8 in the evening. It has gotten dark and the street is only illuminated by several lamp posts and neighboring shops that are still open. 

It is due to the dimness of their surroundings that Luhan identifies several flashes of light coming from an obscurely parked car across the road. He looks at it intently before escorting Dara to the passenger seat.

Luhan drives Dara back to her dorm before taking a taxi. 

"Ahjussi, take me to Apgujeongdong please."

"Where in Apgujeong?" The taxi driver looks at him from the rearview mirror.

"SM Entertainment." He replies briefly. 

When Luhan arrives at his destination, he notes that the car he saw earlier is now pulling up from behind the taxi he had been riding in. He chooses to ignore it for now and goes inside the building.

 

It was a little close to midnight when Luhan finally arrives at their dorm. He walks inside quietly as everyone is already asleep in preparation for their early schedule the next day. 

In the darkened living room, Luhan paces back and forth several times before he finally heads to the room shared by Chanyeol and Baekhyun. 

He can make out the shadows of his two friends sleeping not so peacefully as Luhan can clearly hear Chayeol's heavy breathing and sniffling echoing within the four corners of the room. He goes over to Chanyeol's side. 

"Yeollie" Luhan whispers before hugging Chanyeol. The other slaps him in his sleep as an unconscious response. Luhan just hugs him tighter.

 

The next day, a mysterious message was posted on Dispatch's homepage which sent Korean netizens and International Kpop fans buzzing.

"At 12 PM today, Dispatch will make an exclusive release of the story on the budding romance between two lovely individuals we've all come to love. Please anticipate our spring couple."
 

 

(Hyesunnie is Goo Hye Sun: actress, artist, singer, director, ulzzang^^ etcetera

Also, I just had to insert some mild EXO bromance to celebrate the release of Overdose. 

EXTRA:

Bom received a message from Chanyeol telling her that the MV for EXO's song Overdose has just been released on Youtube and that he would love it if they (especially Dara-noona) could check it out.

After watching the MV, Bom approaches Dara. "Have you watched EXO's Overdose MV? Your fangirl looked exceptionally pretty in it." 

"Yah! Luhan is manly too you know." Dara walks out saying "I'll hide away all the corn and bread in this house!" 

"Andwaeeee!!!"

 

^^)